Not producing estrogen

cljohnson14

Has anyone ever dealt with growth hormone deficiency? I have a niece who was born with her pituitary not producing GH. She has taken it from 1yr to now 15yrs. Now they are concerned bc she’s not producing estrogen and wanting to put her on low dose birth control which her mom doesn’t want. Most of us are trying to lower estrogen but with her there possibly is a need for it?? I’m not sure. Any thoughts ?

Has anyone ever dealt with growth hormone deficiency? I have a niece who was born with her pituitary not producing GH. She has taken it from 1yr to now 15yrs. Now they are concerned bc she’s not producing estrogen and wanting to put her on low dose birth control which her mom doesn’t want. Most of us are trying to lower estrogen but with her there possibly is a need for it?? I’m not sure. Any thoughts ?

I don't have any answers, but why can't she eat more estrogen laden foods?

Mauritio

That seems unlikely. AFAIK every cell expresses the aromatase enzyme ,so without heavy pharmacology it's hard to become deficient in estrogen.
Peat once talked about a study where they took out the ovaries in animals and the left arm vein became the highest producer of estrogen after that. It's a stress hormones and they are hard to be deficient in.

OP
C

cljohnson14

That seems unlikely. AFAIK every cell expresses the aromatase enzyme ,so without heavy pharmacology it's hard to become deficient in estrogen.
Peat once talked about a study where they took out the ovaries in animals and the left arm vein became the highest producer of estrogen after that. It's a stress hormones and they are hard to be deficient in.
Okay. Thanks. They are worried bc she hasn’t started menstruating. They think they need to make her with estrogen. But they haven’t even checked her estrogen I just found out.

Okay. Thanks. They are worried bc she hasn’t started menstruating. They think they need to make her with estrogen. But they haven’t even checked her estrogen I just found out.
My mother-in-law was a thin girl and she didn't start her period till she was 17. She refers to herself as a "late bloomer". I wouldn't be worried for a couple more years.

"Girls usually start their periods between 10 and 16 years of age. Most girls get their first period when they're around 12. But everyone develops at different rates, so there's no right or wrong age to start having periods. Your periods will start when your body is ready."

OP
C

cljohnson14

"Girls usually start their periods between 10 and 16 years of age. Most girls get their first period when they're around 12. But everyone develops at different rates, so there's no right or wrong age to start having periods. Your periods will start when your body is ready."

My mother-in-law was a thin girl and she didn't start her period till she was 17. She refers to herself as a "late bloomer". I wouldn't be worried for a couple more years.
that was my reply to her. The dr seems to think if her pituitary was working properly she would have started already. Hoping she’ll wait a couple years