TSH spike after stopping thyroid

mgrabs

Is TSH spiking after stopping medication temporary?

My tsh doubled from stopping. This was about 4 weeks after stopping. Went from 2 to 5.5 TSH!

Any thoughts?

youngsinatra

Is TSH spiking after stopping medication temporary?

My tsh doubled from stopping. This was about 4 weeks after stopping. Went from 2 to 5.5 TSH!

Any thoughts?
Yes if you were hypo before you started thyroid and you stop your medication, it’s normal for TSH to go back up.

OP
M

mgrabs

Yes if you were hypo before you started thyroid and you stop your medication, it’s normal for TSH to go back up.
But even higher than before? I was always around 3. Its high 5s. BUT my t3 and t4 levels are great! Why is that?

youngsinatra

But even higher than before? I was always around 3. Its high 5s. BUT my t3 and t4 levels are great! Why is that?
Maybe it comes down further with time. If free T3/T4 are great, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’d retest in 6 to 12 weeks again.

OP
M

mgrabs

Maybe it comes down further with time. If free T3/T4 are great, I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I’d retest in 6 to 12 weeks again.
Great thank you. I believe its mainly a cortisol issue. Cause my dhea is super low. And never feel great when being on thyroid

youngsinatra

Great thank you. I believe its mainly a cortisol issue. Cause my dhea is super low. And never feel great when being on thyroid
Have you ever tried vitamin B5 for raising DHEA and adrenal hormones?

OP
M

mgrabs

Have you ever tried vitamin B5 for raising DHEA and adrenal hormones?
Hey what are your thoughts on my copper zinc levels? See attached photos

Attachments

• IMG_8462.png
    IMG_8462.png
    224 KB · Views: 4

youngsinatra

Hey what are your thoughts on my copper zinc levels? See attached photos
Looking good; I would prefer it a bit higher; around 100mcg/dL for both copper and zinc. Do you ever tested ceruloplasmin?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals