TSH keeps increasing

Infinite

Within the last 3 years, my TSH has gone from 1.5 to 2.91

Both my antibodies are less than 1, and all my other levels look good but my TSH keeps rising.
MPbW0Bv.png

Iron and TIBC:
Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 297 ug/dL 250-450
UIBC 186 ug/dL 111-343
Iron 111 ug/dL 38-169
Iron Saturation 37 % 15-55

I'm dealing with pretty persistent social, and general anxiety. I did attempt to supplement a microdose of T4/T3 (1-2 drops of tyromix) 2 or so years ago and it helped with my anxiety more than anything else I've tried. After a couple or so though I started feeling lethargic and tired so I stopped.

With these Ft4 and Ft3 levels, would anyone suggest I start back on the Tyromix?

Last edited:
you may have felt lethargic because your cortisol was dropping as it should. When you are low in thyroid hormone your body pumps out tons more cortisol and adrenaline to make up for it, leaving you feeling really awful.

When you finally start taking thyroid hormone those stress hormones come down, and you will need more thyroid to make up for it until you finally reach the point your body is satisfied with the lower level of cortisol and higher level of thyroid. It takes time to slowly level them out

I don't know if I was being clear

When you take thyroid--- it lowers cortisol---less cortisol makes you feel calmer, even more tired but that's good--- then make up for lack of cortisol with more thyroid, because your body was doing the opposite for so long.

redsun

Within the last 3 years, my TSH has gone from 1.5 to 2.91

Both my antibodies are less than 1, and all my other levels look good but my TSH keeps rising.
MPbW0Bv.png

Iron and TIBC:
Iron Bind.Cap.(TIBC) 297 ug/dL 250-450
UIBC 186 ug/dL 111-343
Iron 111 ug/dL 38-169
Iron Saturation 37 % 15-55

I'm dealing with pretty persistent social, and general anxiety. I did attempt to supplement a microdose of T4/T3 (1-2 drops of tyromix) 2 or so years ago and it helped with my anxiety more than anything else I've tried. After a couple or so though I started feeling lethargic and tired so I stopped.

With these Ft4 and Ft3 levels, would anyone suggest I start back on the Tyromix?
What foods do you typically eat on a daily basis?

your fT4 is great. your fT3 is the very bottom of optimal. The problem is, is it that good all the time, everyday? who knows.

My fT3 has been 3.8 as well lately (fT4 was 1.2) and so I had my thyroid medication raised because I didn't feel good enough. I could sense the cortisol was getting higher---worse sleep and moodier, more edgy and angry during the day. For you that may translate as anxiety. But a rising TSH is concerning. People tend to stay in their own narrow range, not the range on the lab tests.

OP
Infinite

Infinite

What foods do you typically eat on a daily basis?
Chicken, white rice, milk with organic natural cereal, oatmeal, veggies, eggs, ground beef, fruit smoothies with greek yogurt, and protein noodles with butter and salt. I will admit I eat some Trader Joe's frozen foods when I don't feel like cooking, but this isn't often.

My diet has improved a lot compared to 3 years ago when I had that 1.5 TSH level.

Chicken, white rice, milk with organic natural cereal, oatmeal, veggies, eggs, ground beef, fruit smoothies with greek yogurt, and protein noodles with butter and salt. I will admit I eat some Trader Joe's frozen foods when I don't feel like cooking, but this isn't often.

My diet has improved a lot compared to 3 years ago when I had that 1.5 TSH level.
does the cereal have flax? (flax is estrogenic) what protein in those noodles? (soy would also be estrogenic, therefore bad for thyroid)

wheat is not good for anyone with thyroid problems. smoking also wrecks thyroids, even if you already quit, sometimes the problems surface after you quit.

OP
Infinite

Infinite

does the cereal have flax? (flax is estrogenic) what protein in those noodles? (soy would also be estrogenic, therefore bad for thyroid)
Thanks, I'll look into cutting out Wheat. Cereal doesn't have Flax and the noodles use Pea protein. But i believe i have some form of acid reflux/GERD which I think is causing these symptoms I've been experiencing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals