Thoughts on some of my most recent bloodwork?

crsnpalmer

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of getting a lot of bloodwork done and wanted to share It with you guys as it comes in to see where I can make improvements with nutrition, supplements, exercise, and sleep. Does anything jump out as concerning? My omega 6 % seems high to me, but I am still learning.

Current diet: Eggs, red meat, milk, oj, oysters, fish, all sorts of fruits and ice cream--the occasional chipotle bowl every now and then(double chicken, double rice, cheese and guac)
supplements: b vitamins, pregnenolone, mucuna, vitamin e, vitamin k, creatine, and magnesium.

My current goals are improving lean body mass and cognitive function. Work can be stressful, but I believe my overall health is much better than it was 2-3 years ago.

25 year old male. 6 foot 1. 178lbs.
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 10.42.09 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 10.42.23 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 10.42.34 AM.png

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone,
I am in the process of getting a lot of bloodwork done and wanted to share It with you guys as it comes in to see where I can make improvements with nutrition, supplements, exercise, and sleep. Does anything jump out as concerning? My omega 6 % seems high to me, but I am still learning.

Current diet: Eggs, red meat, milk, oj, oysters, fish, all sorts of fruits and ice cream--the occasional chipotle bowl every now and then(double chicken, double rice, cheese and guac)
supplements: b vitamins, pregnenolone, mucuna, vitamin e, vitamin k, creatine, and magnesium.

My current goals are improving lean body mass and cognitive function. Work can be stressful, but I believe my overall health is much better than it was 2-3 years ago.

View attachment 46086View attachment 46087View attachment 46088
How many eggs do you have per day?
Do you track your diet on cronometer to see how many grams of PUFA you have per day?

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

How many eggs do you have per day?
Do you track your diet on cronometer to see how many grams of PUFA you have per day?
2-4 eggs a day, just depends on my hunger in the morning. I do not use Cronometer anymore. I will start using it again this week.

The beef and eggs are from our farm (I’ve saved a decent amount of money eating from the farm). The cows only eat grass, but the chickens do have feed in their coops. Might need to go back to organic free range eggs from the store. I have a few glasses of organic valley whole milk. Might need to switch to skim milk.

I only use coconut oil, butter, and occasionally olive oil when cooking or prepping a dish.

I enjoy all of your content Hans!

tastyfood

I tested pregnenolone in blood once, and had the same result. I didn't find it that useful to test. I think if it's at that level it means that you are converting it fairly well to the downstream steroids

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

I tested pregnenolone in blood once, and had the same result. I didn't find it that useful to test. I think if it's at that level it means that you are converting it fairly well to the downstream steroids
Yes, I do not know much about the blood tests. I used cannabis a lot during my last two years of undergrad, so I might've suppressed my natural pregnenolone production.

I do not think I experience any symptoms of low pregnenolone. have supplemented on and off with it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
2-4 eggs a day, just depends on my hunger in the morning. I do not use Cronometer anymore. I will start using it again this week.

The beef and eggs are from our farm (I’ve saved a decent amount of money eating from the farm). The cows only eat grass, but the chickens do have feed in their coops. Might need to go back to organic free range eggs from the store. I have a few glasses of organic valley whole milk. Might need to switch to skim milk.

I only use coconut oil, butter, and occasionally olive oil when cooking or prepping a dish.

I enjoy all of your content Hans!
What specific health problems do you have?
Have you tested fasting glucose and insulin as well as free fatty acids and triglycerides? It would seem you have some glycation going on, but not in the high risk zone yet. The elevated PUFA is likely from the diet or because a lot of PUFA is being released from the fat stores due to stress promoting lipolysis.
Dairy fat is a great source of anti-oxidants, fat soluble vitamins and other beneficial compounds, so I wouldn't go skim. Rather 1 or 2% instead.

It would seem you have some glycation going on, but not in the high risk zone yet.
Sry to ask Hans but what marker was an indicator of high glycation and what are some of the consequences of having higher glycation?
I know Ray said that increasing CO2 will prevent glycation from happening but I don't know much else. Thanks.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sry to ask Hans but what marker was an indicator of high glycation and what are some of the consequences of having higher glycation?
I know Ray said that increasing CO2 will prevent glycation from happening but I don't know much else. Thanks.
His fructosamine. Serum fructosamine represents the total glycated serum proteins, which is more accurate than HbA1c for long term high blood sugar. Research shows that high blood sugar increases things like HbA1c and fructosamine, however, it's likely low anti-oxidants that causes glycation.
CO2 can help to prevent it, but people with high glucose usually have lower levels of CO2 as well. Improving glucose oxidation and CO2 production will automatically lower glycation end products.

Glycation is a "symptom" showing that someone has elevated oxidative stess and damage happening in the body.

His fructosamine. Serum fructosamine represents the total glycated serum proteins, which is more accurate than HbA1c for long term high blood sugar. Research shows that high blood sugar increases things like HbA1c and fructosamine, however, it's likely low anti-oxidants that causes glycation.
CO2 can help to prevent it, but people with high glucose usually have lower levels of CO2 as well. Improving glucose oxidation and CO2 production will automatically lower glycation end products.

Glycation is a "symptom" showing that someone has elevated oxidative stess and damage happening in the body.
Interesting. Thanks Hans.

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

What specific health problems do you have?
Have you tested fasting glucose and insulin as well as free fatty acids and triglycerides? It would seem you have some glycation going on, but not in the high risk zone yet. The elevated PUFA is likely from the diet or because a lot of PUFA is being released from the fat stores due to stress promoting lipolysis.
Dairy fat is a great source of anti-oxidants, fat soluble vitamins and other beneficial compounds, so I wouldn't go skim. Rather 1 or 2% instead.
My current symptoms are dry/red face, poor gym performance, and occasional poor cognition. Goal with all of the bloodwork is to create a roadmap of small changes to reduce/eliminate symptoms. I have a hunch that my thyroid labs are going to be bad. Elimination/carnivore diet improves skin, but my stress dramatically increases.

sunny

Is fructosamine a standard blood test or only available in limited places?

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

Is fructosamine a standard blood test or only available in limited places?
I am getting a lot of bloodwork done through Marek Health. I went to a local lab corp to do it all. I do not know if this is a standard test. My local doctor will do not any extensive bloodwork because of my age.

I was looking for doctors who appear healthy in my state and couldn't find a single one. My doctor here is overweight and almost bald. In my opinion, he has made a lot of my family more sick pushing unneeded medications on them and not once asking them about their sleep and nutrition. I've never been with him for more than 5 minutes. Got tired of it.

It is also scary to see how easy it is for students to get prescribed antidepressants here. A lot of my friends are experiencing side effects and cannot even realize it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
My current symptoms are dry/red face, poor gym performance, and occasional poor cognition. Goal with all of the bloodwork is to create a roadmap of small changes to reduce/eliminate symptoms. I have a hunch that my thyroid labs are going to be bad. Elimination/carnivore diet improves skin, but my stress dramatically increases.
Gut issues perhaps? Which then contributes to mast cell degranulation and your symptoms.

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

Here is the rest of my bloodwork. Do you guys think everything looks okay?
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.45.19 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.45.27 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.45.37 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.45.45 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.45.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.46.03 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.46.11 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 4.46.19 PM.png

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

Gut issues perhaps? Which then contributes to mast cell degranulation and your symptoms.
Could definitely be, I do the carrot salad a few times a week and charcoal every Sunday. I do not like antibiotics. They clear my skin up but they make me super weak. Took them a lot in college.

RealNeat

Hi everyone,

View attachment 46086View attachment 46087View attachment 46088
Where are you getting these labs done?

OP
crsnpalmer

crsnpalmer

I ordered them through Marek Health and got them done at a Lab Corp in town.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals