There Is Plastic In Every Honey That Exists (and Other Foods)

Hgreen56

In Switzerland there has been a research on honey.

They tested different types of honey and found that small plastic particles were found in each honey product.

These plastic particles end up in the product because the nature is not pure anymore.

Because the there are loads of tiny particles plastic spread around in the atmosphere.

And eventually they end up where you would least expect them. For example in honey.

The plastic enters the plant through the soil, is absorbed by the bee and eventually ends up in the honey.

So I'm not talking about plastic packaging leaking chemicals, that's another story.

In other words, our environment is so poisoned with plastic that these enters the plant through the soil, the plastic goes from plant to animal (in this case into the bee) and end in the honey that they produce.

It has also been found in beer, milk and mineral water.

This research is also mentioned in the dutch tv program Keuringsdienst van waarde / inspection service of value (where i live)

they have also a study done on honey to see if there are plastic particles in it.

They have researched different brands of honey products, from the cheapest to the most expensive that are "organic".

The result was that there 200+ pieces of plastic in every kilogram of honey. Also in the most expensive one.

Last edited:

Quelsatron

how much is 200 pieces though? sounds much, but not if a coke bottle contains 200 million

GreekDemiGod

why is plastic dangerous for human ingestion? Is there any method to get rid of it, once it's in the system?

shine

why is plastic dangerous for human ingestion? Is there any method to get rid of it, once it's in the system?

The first thing that comes to mind are the estrogenic effects of for example BPA (and of course other bisphenols found in plastic) and the testicular damage that it induces.

Hermes

I was just gonna ask the same question. What can be done about micro plastic in practical terms? It's become ubiquitous. What a shame. I heard of plastic filters to filter tap water but I have no experience with them and neither did I research them. I also try to avoid PET bottles and instead try to find glass bottles if possible.

Does vitamin E bind to micro plastic? I seem to remember Haidut saying something like it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can confirm.

Last edited:

Hermes

weird enough i found this study that's says exactly the opposite lol
Lack of evidence for microplastic contamination in honey - PubMed
Well, this could be denial. Not sure about the authors background and how they got funded, but every national honey bee's association will be interested to keep their sales of honey up and customer's content and happy buyers. Honey is widely regarded as purely natural food. Anything that could disturb that image is a problem, better deny it to begin with or find someone who attests low micro plastic.

Here's another post where it's micro plastic in tap water: Global Drinking Water Contains As Much Plastic As Eating A Credit Card Per Week Plastic is definitely a problem. And it's mostly ignored. Swept under the rug.

Ableton

You wouldn't expect? Honey is used as a barometer for local pollution . It's best avoided imo but plenty of people do well on it anyways. Unfortunately one of the properties of honey is that it traps EVERYTHING

my brother told me he knows a guy who makes honey. he actually makes honey in a big german city. idk how.

he says, due to pesticides, this honey is higher quality than what you usually get. lol

anyways, I would also like to know whats the safest food, because I want to try cutting phyto estrogens close to zero to see what happens

OP
Hgreen56

Hgreen56

anyways, I would also like to know whats the safest food, because I want to try cutting phyto estrogens close to zero to see what happens
The plastic enters the plant through the soil, Plants and animals absorb them and eventually it ends up in our food.
Avoiding is impossible i guess, even water is contaminated.

Ableton

how bad are veggies/fruit packed in plastic?
I would imagine not half as bad as liquids in plastic?

does plastic package leak significant amounts to non liquid foods?

orewashin

I read here that even table sugar may be a significant source of glyphosate :confused
I read here that RP likes organic beet sugar.

Is There Any Difference Between Plain Sugar And Organic?

I wonder what his opinion is about pure fructose. I've read that sugar is best digested at a 1:1 ratio of fructose:glucose. It possibly only applies if a large amount of fructose is consumed, but a small amount added to milk, creating a 1-1-1 ratio of glucose:fructose:galactose, may be very effective.

YourUniverse

I read here that RP likes organic beet sugar.

Is There Any Difference Between Plain Sugar And Organic?

I wonder what his opinion is about pure fructose. I've read that sugar is best digested at a 1:1 ratio of fructose:glucose. It possibly only applies if a large amount of fructose is consumed, but a small amount added to milk, creating a 1-1-1 ratio of glucose:fructose:galactose, may be very effective.
Great idea

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals