The Travis Corner

olive

Has anyone took the time to consolidate travis’ thoughts?

Ie

- avoid w–6 fatty acids
- drink coffee
- eat coconuts

I haven’t yet found the time to read through the thread in entirety and take notes.

Mossy

Ie

- avoid w–6 fatty acids
- drink coffee
- eat coconuts

I haven’t yet found the time to read through the thread in entirety and take notes.
:bookworm:

Aymen

Ie

- avoid w–6 fatty acids
- drink coffee
- eat coconuts

he told me via email that w-6 should be limited as much as possible.

Hairfedup

Ie

- avoid w–6 fatty acids
- drink coffee
- eat coconuts

I'd really appreciate a similar consolidation also.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe it was a planned absence to get us waiting on the edge of our seats for his reappearance. I sure miss his posts.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
I hope he returns, too. His discussions of pineapple/bromelain and prostaglandins were really interesting.

LeeLemonoil

Would anybody be so kind to clarify Travis thoughts on Olive oil and Oleoamide especially?

I‘ve only followed the thread when these came up in ironic ways that I can’t figure out if he considers oleoamide beneficial or extremely bad as an exomorphin.

Makrosky

@Travis,

I think you like cigarrettes so it means you like tobacco.

I have some questions that I have been thinking about a lot these last months while in south america (America is the land of tobacco after all).

1. Are you worried about aflatoxins in tobacco? Apparently tobacco is high in them, even commercial one. I found some articles speculating the damage from smoking could be in great part because of them.

2. What do you think about inhaling tobacco? I like it a lot but since learning about aflatoxins I am scared as hell about it. Aflatoxins directly shot to my brain? Argggg!!! I am talking about two types : the powdered leaves (rapé) and the liquid maceration of leaves in water and then inhaling the water. The cognitive and wellbeing feeling of the last one is amazing. But as I said, I am scared.

3. Linked to point no.2 : It was my knowledge from when studying the CNS in university that the olfactory bulb was a part of the brain, so everything you shut to it, went straight to the brain without BBB protection. Now I have found that apparently some researchers are suggesting a kind of NBB (Nose brain barrier) that would protect of things hitting the bulb from entering straight to the brain. What are your thoughts about this?

Anecdotally, I like intranasal pregnenolone a lot.

4. Are you aware that nixtamalization of corn also kills most of the aflatoxins? I am asking this because some south american tribes prepare a tobacco paste made by boiling it (doesn't kill aflatoxins) with different ashes. Now my idea is that part of the purpose of adding ashes to it is to kill aflatoxins (like in nixtamalization) but this is pyre speculation. Could it be possible? I don't know enough chemistry to know if the ashes used for nixtamalization are chemically equivalent to those used in the tobacco preparations in their ability to kill aflatoxins.

:):

I'm impatient to see what you know about all this.

Cheers.

PS. @Amazoniac @pboy

Jon

Would anybody be so kind to clarify Travis thoughts on Olive oil and Oleoamide especially?

I‘ve only followed the thread when these came up in ironic ways that I can’t figure out if he considers oleoamide beneficial or extremely bad as an exomorphin.

Believes it's bad, dubbed it Sicilian Brain :lol:. I am paraphrasing but he hinted that his cognitive abilities to grasp concepts like chemistry felt impaired by it. He's so damn smart though, so who knows if us plebs would even be aware of the impairment? :shock:

LeeLemonoil

Believes it's bad, dubbed it Sicilian Brain :lol:. I am paraphrasing but he hinted that his cognitive abilities to grasp concepts like chemistry felt impaired by it. He's so damn smart though, so who knows if us plebs would even be aware of the impairment? :shock:

Thanks @Jon

I couldn’t figure out if that was ironic or if he really meant it.

Always uncomfortable to disagree with Travis, but I think olive oil has a lot of beneficial properties if consumed in moderation.

Jon

Thanks @Jon

I couldn’t figure out if that was ironic or if he really meant it.

Always uncomfortable to disagree with Travis, but I think olive oil has a lot of beneficial properties if consumed in moderation.

I've developed the belief that different situations require different nourishment for balance. Being dogmatic and exclusive prevents you from shopping the marketplace of ideas, and that's a sure way to miss important lessons.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

He's been gone since November 13th. Where could he be?
I don't know where he is, maybe he thought it was just another online chess game but this time it was against pboy and it's still going..

But it's important to remain calm under pressure, he must return. National Geographic has studied Diokine's behavior and made a video about it (skip to 30 min). @haidut mentioned somewhere eating in their cafeteria once in a while, so things are starting to connect, he must be aware of this and it can explain why the guy posts his standard smiley no matter what the situation is. :):

YellowLemon, I don't know if you plan to bungee-jump sometime soon, but your current posture won't help you any. If it takes some minutes to drop your testosterone by 10% with retraction, what sort of conditioning happens when you remain this way for longer? Now that I comment this, it must be time for me to mirror my avatar to give the other leg a rest.

So, how do we know that Pearl Jam's Jeremy was a threat to the community? Because 'arms raised in a V' implies that he won't turn his frustration to himself, instead it's the world that's wrong, and if he's the only one not being able to seize it, no one else can.. [. . . Brewing weapons . . .]

By the way, it's hilarious how Eddie Vedder thought it was cool to behave like a creep back then. And even funnier how in order to succeed in being a creep, you have to try to avoid being one; therefore Eddie had to content with an 'eccentric' title, which is much better anyway.

Last edited:
OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Sicilian Brain
Fried said:
219. The practice of judging and condemning morally, is the favourite revenge of the intellectually shallow on those who are less so, it is also a kind of indemnity for their being badly endowed by nature, and finally, it is an opportunity for acquiring spirit and BECOMING subtle—malice spiritualises. They are glad in their inmost heart that there is a standard according to which those who are over-endowed with intellectual goods and privileges, are equal to them, they contend for the "equality of all before God," and almost NEED the belief in God for this purpose. It is among them that the most powerful antagonists of atheism are found. If any one were to say to them "A lofty spirituality is beyond all comparison with the honesty and respectability of a merely moral man"—it would make them furious, I shall take care not to say so. I would rather flatter them with my theory that lofty spirituality itself exists only as the ultimate product of moral qualities, that it is a synthesis of all qualities attributed to the "merely moral" man, after they have been acquired singly through long training and practice, perhaps during a whole series of generations, that lofty spirituality is precisely the spiritualising of justice, and the beneficent severity which knows that it is authorized to maintain GRADATIONS OF RANK in the world, even among things—and not only among men.

Travos must be shaming something that he doesn't allow himself to be/have for judging uncivil.
He's so damn smart though, so who knows if us plebs would even be aware of the impairment? :shock:
I don't know, but my kitten videos experiences are unshakable.

milk_lover

If Travis would allow me, I would post the pm's between me and him. I learned a lot from this wonderful man!

Jon

Travos must be shaming something that he doesn't allow himself to be/have for judging uncivil.

I don't know, but my kitten videos experiences are unshakable.

I don't think the whole 'Sicilian Brain' comment was an uncivil remark lol he was just kidding/correlating the high olive oil consumption per capital of Italy compared to the rest of the world :) the dude had me rolling with that whole convo actually!

And personally I love Cat videos AND I'm a non denominational Christian but I think Travis is hilarious and his comments make me laugh even the ones that I could take as a personal attack if I felt like getting butt hurt about something...not to mention stereotypes are founded on a truth and so when people broach stereotypes that I could belong to I just remind myself it's mostly true even if the tone is a tad harsh. We're all just parodies of ourself and if you can laugh it then all humor and good will is lost on you.

P.S. psychotic stick figures, and eloquently broken English makes me think of super villains from freakazoid :grin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals