The Travis Corner

Logan-

Even though homogenized cows' milk presents an autoimmune risk, the never-homogenized & non-folate-receptor-homologous goats' milk does not. I cannot conceive of one objection to goats' milk.
Travis , if someone has leaky gut issues/Crohn's, and has an allergy to cow's milk (with GI symptoms such as rectal bleeding) could he do well with non-homogenized goat's milk, assuming lactose intolerance is not an issue for him?

Last edited:
If you guys want a source of arachidic acid, then fully hydrogenated jojoba oil is the way to go. 75% arachidic acid, 12% behenic acid, and 12% stearic acid, the other 1% being palmitic and 24:0.

Natural jojoba is 75% 11-eicosenoic acid (20:1, monosaturated version of arachidic and arachidonic acid), 10% oleic, and 10% erucic acid. When hydrogenated and saturated you get arachidic, behenic, and stearic. Hydrogenated jojoba oil is readily available and I bet there's a food grade option out there.

As well, soy wax is something to look into. Don't let the word soy scare you, it's 90% stearic acid 10% palmitic acid. Soy wax is just hydrogenated soy oil. If it's food grade and has been puried correctly it should be perfectly safe. Absolutely zero PUFA/MUFA, and I actually think it's a better option than hydrogenated coconut oil, as though lauric acid is good I'd prefer longer chain saturated fats (14-20, primarily 16-18)

I wish there was a readily available source of hydrogenated palm oil. Not palm kernel oil, but palm oil. Hydrogenated palm oil is basically 50% stearic and 50% palmitic (where the word "palm" comes from in palmitic acid and ultimately napalm). Palmitic acid has some benefits stearic acid doesn't (and vice versa), for instance stearic acid ia converted to oleic acid at a rate 2.4x more than palmitic to palmitoleic.

If I can find a source of hydrogenated palm oil I'd do 75% hydrogenated palm oil 25% coconut oil as my main fat source. If my research on arachidic acid confirms it's beneficial, than 10-25% hydrogenated jojoba oil 50% hydrogenated palm oil 25% hydrogenated coconut oil.

If no hydrogenated palm oil, then I'd replace it with soy wax.

Edit: this is ultimate PUFA depletion. You could also find a pure DHA supplement (not fish oil but extracted DHA) and take like 50mg a day for the brain.

Surprisingly you can actually hydrogenate fat pretty easily at home. Palladium black is available on ebay.

Last edited:

powerlifter

Hey @Travis ,

Thanks for arousing our curiosity to the various subjects. From reading your posts, I am convinced that 2-2.5 day fast can be beneficial. I just wonder do you use any supplements that are water-soluble such as alpha lipoic acid, metafolin while you are fasting. Also how frequent you fast? once a month or week? I don't' want to take your time with all the questions in my mind, so can you give me some pointers that I can learn more about fasting. Thanks.

Hairfedup

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Trawis has been showing suspicious activity lately. You know those tower parkour videos recorded with GoPros? Well, my hands start sweating with the thought of guru desertion again.

We need a plan and fortunately I have one. In case he disappears, there will be an official recruitment of Madison city dwellers and you'll camp outside of the store that he posted somewhere in this thread. I had the idea of suggesting camouflage clothing but it makes no sense to look like plants in an urban area, wear fancy suits instead because if you're rich, you're trustworthy and there's a chance that security will not intervene for being afraid of disappointing someone important and being fired. Then it's simple:

upload_2018-11-26_12-20-41.png

Last edited:

Broken man

Trawis has been showing suspicious activity lately. You know those tower parkour videos recorded with GoPros? Well, my hands start sweating with the thought of guru desertion again.

We need a plan and fortunately I have one. In case he disappears, there will be an official recruitment of Madison city dwellers and you'll camp outside of the store that he posted somewhere in this thread. I had the idea of suggesting camouflage clothing but it makes no sense to look like plants in an urban area, wear fancy suits instead because if you're rich, you're trustworthy and there's a chance that security will not intervene for being afraid of disappointing someone important and being fired. Then it's simple:

Yeah, I was always reading his posts instead of newspapers, hope he is doing good.

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

I'm starting to feel tense. But "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"..

- Fructose is toxic no matter what form and amount
- Coffee depletes you
- Leafy greens should never be consumed raw
- Issues with casein are imaginary
- Dietary opioids don't alter intestinal function
- Fasting is more degenerative than regenerative
- All smoking kills, supercentenarians' families are actually getting paid by tobacco industries
- Retinyl esters over carotenes
- Alpha-tocopherol over gamma
- Pineapple isn't rich in vitamin C, which in turn has no effect on vascular health
- Starches can't be persorbed
- Vegans are deficient in B12
- No problem in getting more sodium than potassium
- Cancer can't be cured
- Writer is not a serious profession
- Methylglyoxal is damaging
- Chemistry is useless
- Playing bass is for losers
- Omega 3 and 6 ratio is meaningless
- Proportion of amino acids doesn't matter
- Getting enough choline without eggs is impossible
- Almonds are the worst nuts
- Tryptophol is a made-up metabolite
- Candida doesn't exist
- Madison is a degrading place to live
- Monsanto is friendly
- Fermented foods such as vinegars are waste
- Nixtamalization of corn changes nothing
- Linoleic acid is protective for humans
- Elevated homocysteine improves brain function​

Last edited:

Broken man

I'm starting to feel tense. But "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"..

- Coffee depletes you
- All smoking kills, supercentenarians' families are actually getting paid by tobacco industries
- Pineapple isn't rich in vitamin C, which in turn has no effect on vascular health
- Cancer can't be cured
- Chemistry is useless
- Candida doesn't exist
- Monsanto is friendly
I hope he is working on his article about energy.

Hairfedup

- Coffee depletes you
- Cancer can't be cured
- Chemistry is useless
- Candida doesn't exist
- Monsanto is friendly

Aahaha, lovely. Hope the bait works.

Jon

@Travis hey man, hope you're well.

I was wondering if you could tell me if the naturally occurring nitrates in say romaine lettuce or the like will react with heme iron and stomach acid the way isolated nitrate salts do in bacon or other preserved meats?

Scenario: eating romaine lettuce and a sirloin steak=nitrosamine instead of NO?

Also on the subject, do you think the naturally formed vitamin C could inhibit nitrosamine creation in the presence of lipids? I know in study ascorbic acid bumped up nitrate conversion to Nitroso by 1000x, but im wondering if since natural vitamin C from produce is more dynamic than ascorbic acid if it will some how not react the same?

I'm sure in those studies the "10% lipid addition" was something like soy oil or other highly unsaturated fat. Couldn't tell though cause the full study has a paywall. Thanks for your time!

Inaut

If you guys want a source of arachidic acid, then fully hydrogenated jojoba oil is the way to go. 75% arachidic acid, 12% behenic acid, and 12% stearic acid, the other 1% being palmitic and 24:0.

Natural jojoba is 75% 11-eicosenoic acid (20:1, monosaturated version of arachidic and arachidonic acid), 10% oleic, and 10% erucic acid. When hydrogenated and saturated you get arachidic, behenic, and stearic. Hydrogenated jojoba oil is readily available and I bet there's a food grade option out there.

As well, soy wax is something to look into. Don't let the word soy scare you, it's 90% stearic acid 10% palmitic acid. Soy wax is just hydrogenated soy oil. If it's food grade and has been puried correctly it should be perfectly safe. Absolutely zero PUFA/MUFA, and I actually think it's a better option than hydrogenated coconut oil, as though lauric acid is good I'd prefer longer chain saturated fats (14-20, primarily 16-18)

I wish there was a readily available source of hydrogenated palm oil. Not palm kernel oil, but palm oil. Hydrogenated palm oil is basically 50% stearic and 50% palmitic (where the word "palm" comes from in palmitic acid and ultimately napalm). Palmitic acid has some benefits stearic acid doesn't (and vice versa), for instance stearic acid ia converted to oleic acid at a rate 2.4x more than palmitic to palmitoleic.

If I can find a source of hydrogenated palm oil I'd do 75% hydrogenated palm oil 25% coconut oil as my main fat source. If my research on arachidic acid confirms it's beneficial, than 10-25% hydrogenated jojoba oil 50% hydrogenated palm oil 25% hydrogenated coconut oil.

If no hydrogenated palm oil, then I'd replace it with soy wax.

Edit: this is ultimate PUFA depletion. You could also find a pure DHA supplement (not fish oil but extracted DHA) and take like 50mg a day for the brain.

Surprisingly you can actually hydrogenate fat pretty easily at home. Palladium black is available on ebay.

do you eat the soy wax or apply it transdermally?

YourUniverse

- Coffee depletes you
- Cancer can't be cured
- Chemistry is useless
- Candida doesn't exist
- Monsanto is friendly

Lol

OP
Amazoniac

Amazoniac

Change of plans: we need a park, a Travo park.

For now I can think of an abacus with letters o-u-l-d- fixed and you can choose between -c/w/sh-.
Also, floating balloon dogs, but you have to earn one by guessing right each segment that's representing a dash.