The Travis Corner

B

Braveheart

Other Ingredients
Softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin, purified water and organic caramel.

No wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.

This could be the one!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 50 IU 170%

Mixed Tocopherol Complex 500 mg *

Gamma Tocopherol 300 mg *

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Soybean oil, softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin, water, caramel and carob.

Broken man

I am trying alot of your ideas and I am doing good so thank you for this. There is only one thing that I cant accept and its low protein. I know that you are getting about 40-50 g of protein. I tried it and I am not feeling good when I dont have 80+ g of protein. My body is not using it effectively maybe. About milk, I dont know why but I have really annoying cravings for it last few weeks, mainly after sex.

Travis

Other Ingredients
Softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin, purified water and organic caramel.

No wheat, no gluten, no dairy, no egg, no fish/shellfish, no peanuts/tree nuts.

This could be the one!
But the coconut is a tree nut, and has one of the safest lipid profiles. Also, it's an asparagine-storing seed and not a glutamine-storing seed. I have found proof of this, but the study is now buried in the 100 or so .pdfs I have open right now; I will make sure to post it when it's time for an 'Adobe Acrobat™ culling,' or the systematic reduction of open .pdfs through the elimination of the unnecessary and the bookmarking the most informative and difficult to find.

The headgroup of γ-tocopherol exists in the water-phase and can still complex with peroxynitrite. Since reactive nitrogen species are water-soluble, γ-CEHC is also important. But that's not to relegate long-tailed γ-tocopherol to merely a precursor status, as its long tail lends it affinity for lipid membranes; this should prevent peroxynitrite and NO₂ flux through membranes, keeping these free radicals localized around the enzyme which had initially synthesized them (from arginine). Gamma-CEHC is a whole different animal, the docked version having a shorter carboxyethyl tail (as compared to the prenylated tocotrienols and the alkylated topherols).

gamma1.png

And γ-CEHC exists in the serum in far higher concenrations than α-CEHC, elevating γ-tocopherol's importance to that of α-tocopherol on the basis of it's precursor function. This also partially explains—besides the purported higher affinity towards α-tocopherol of the liver transport protein—why most humans have more α-tocopherol in their bloodstream, despite having a higher estimated γ-tocopherol intake (mostly due to the high sales of soybean and corn oils):

tocopherol2.png

Now add together the mean serum concentrations of each breed together and what do you get?

(α-tocopherol + α-CEHC) ∶ (γ-tocopherol + γ-CEHC)

(43.3·pmol/ml + 7.1·pmol/ml) ∶ (2.6·pmol/ml + 66.4·pmol/ml)

(50.4·pmol/ml) ∶ (69·pmol/ml)

1 ∶ 1.37

≈ 3∶4

This is roughly three parts α-species against four parts γ-species. No mention had been made whether or not these subjects were smokers, but I think we can estimate—by referencing Brown 1993—that some of them were (smokers ≤ 1.27·pmol/ml) and some of them were not (nonsmokers > 1.27·pmol/ml). This 3∶4 ratio is approaching dietary intake ratio of 1∶2 (or 2∶4) estimated for Europeans in general (Wagner, 2004), and this study had been conducted in Germany. After considering the higher flux of γ-CEHC metabolites through the urine, you could be left to conclude that tocopherol liver transport protein has no special affinity for either one (α, β, γ, nor δ).

Last edited:

Travis

I am trying alot of your ideas and I am doing good so thank you for this. There is only one thing that I cant accept and its low protein. I know that you are getting about 40-50 g of protein. I tried it and I am not feeling good when I dont have 80+ g of protein. My body is not using it effectively maybe. About milk, I dont know why but I have really annoying cravings for it last few weeks, mainly after sex.
Well, the easiest and safest way to get that much protein is likely beef or lamb. I don't think high protein is especially troublesome in many cases, but the ratios certainly need to be considered in times of cancer (i.e. methionine, selenomethionine, leucine) and infection (i.e. glutamine, arginine). Glutamate and aspartate are safe, and they will readily enter the citric acid cycle after losing ammonia (NH₃). I think there are ways of eating that much protein while also dodging ω−6 fatty acids, lectins, glutamine, immunogenic proteins, etc. Even though the entire chicken is high in linoleic acid, due to what they're fed, certain parts of this animal are very low; these parts are low in essentially all fatty acids.

As a food having exorphins: wheat, soy, and dairy are probably the most addictive. To give you an idea of the difficulty experienced in the process of quitting, perhaps you can read the comment section of this article.

Philomath

@Travis, a few quick questions for you:
1. I would presume sheep yogurt is less immunogenic than cow yogurt but it’s also more expensive. What’s your opinion on yogurts, standard, Greek or sheep?
2. Does the lactic acid in yogurt need to be avoided?
3. Although not great, is skinless chicken breast is an acceptable protein? More acceptable than low fat fish?
Thanks and I look forward to your opinions

raypeatclips

Well, the easiest and safest way to get that much protein is likely beef or lamb. I don't think high protein is especially troublesome in many cases, but the ratios certainly need to be considered in times of cancer (i.e. methionine, selenomethionine, leucine) and infection (i.e. glutamine, arginine). Glutamate and aspartate are safe, and they will readily enter the citric acid cycle after losing ammonia (NH₃). I think there are ways of eating that much protein while also dodging ω−6 fatty acids, lectins, glutamine, immunogenic proteins, etc. Even though the entire chicken is high in linoleic acid, due to what they're fed, certain parts of this animal are very low; these parts are low in essentially all fatty acids.

As a food having exorphins: wheat, soy, and dairy are probably the most addictive. To give you an idea of the difficulty experienced in the process of quitting, perhaps you can read the comment section of this article.

Which parts of the chicken were you specifically referring to? Skinless breast?

Obi-wan

I just got this one, FWIW, since I ran of Tocovit.
One NaturalsVitamin E 400 IU (dl-Alpha tocopheryl acetate)

Synthetic vitamin E derived from petroleum products is manufactured as all-racemic alpha tocopheryl acetate with a mixture of eight stereoisomers. In this mixture, one alpha-tocopherol molecule in eight molecules are in the form of RRR-alpha-tocopherol (12.5% of the total).[20]

The 8-isomer all-rac vitamin E is always marked on labels simply as dl-tocopherol or dl-tocopheryl acetate, even though it is (if fully written out) actually dl,dl,dl-tocopherol. The present largest manufacturers of this type are DSM and BASF. -Wikipedia

Its made from petroleum if it has the dl in front of it...

Obi-wan

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Servings per Container: 120

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol) 50 IU 170%

Mixed Tocopherol Complex 500 mg *

Gamma Tocopherol 300 mg *

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Soybean oil, softgel consists of gelatin, glycerin, water, caramel and carob.

Darn the Soybean oil. I was mislead and ordered it already:(

Nighteyes

Darn the Soybean oil. I was mislead and ordered it already:(

Yeah shame on Jarrow for not writing out the full list of ingredients on their website! What's up with that. Anyway feel quite good on this supplement so will use anyway. The search for the perfect gamma tocopherol product continues...

Obi-wan

The U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for adults is 15 mg/day -Wikipedia.

If you are already eating low PUFA, you don't need much

B

Braveheart

The U.S. Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for adults is 15 mg/day -Wikipedia.

If you are already eating low PUFA, you don't need much

World Health Org....400iu
Dr. A. Hoffer...800iu
Orthomolecular.org....200iu
Dr. Sahelian....200iu
Dr. Ray Peat....200mg which is 300iu

From Examine.com....Maintaining adequate levels of vitamin E in the body can be achieved through very low daily doses of 15mg (22.4 IU) or less. This dose of vitamin E can be acquired through the diet, making supplementation unnecessary in many cases. An elderly person supplementing vitamin E to improve immunity should take a 50-200mg dose.

Vitamin E's antioxidant properties are improved when taken with unsaturated dietary fat. The minimum intake of vitamin E is 1 IU per gram of unsaturated fat. The ideal range is between 2-4 IU per gram of unsaturated fat.

In regards to an upper limit, while doses above 400IU α-tocopherol (268mg) are well tolerated in the short term it is the smallest dose associated with potential long-term adverse effects. If taking vitamin E as a daily supplement for no specific purpose (ie. as part of a multivitamin) then 150mg could be seen as a prudent upper limit.

I average 200iu over the week....for now???

Regina

Synthetic vitamin E derived from petroleum products is manufactured as all-racemic alpha tocopheryl acetate with a mixture of eight stereoisomers. In this mixture, one alpha-tocopherol molecule in eight molecules are in the form of RRR-alpha-tocopherol (12.5% of the total).[20]

The 8-isomer all-rac vitamin E is always marked on labels simply as dl-tocopherol or dl-tocopheryl acetate, even though it is (if fully written out) actually dl,dl,dl-tocopherol. The present largest manufacturers of this type are DSM and BASF. -Wikipedia

Oh rats! I guess I should throw it out.
Thx for the tech though.

Fractality

@Travis - reading through your previous posts on tobacco/nicotine, it appears like you are quite in favor of it. What are your thoughts on swedish snus as an alternative to smoking tobacco?

Travis

@Travis - reading through your previous posts on tobacco/nicotine, it appears like you are quite in favor of it. What are your thoughts on swedish snus as an alternative to smoking tobacco?
I think we'd have to look at the ingredients. I heard a nasty rumor that smokeless tobacco companies added a . . . how do I put this? . . . a 'tissue macerating excipient' such as fibreglass to increase nicotine uptake by compromising the epidermis. If true, I think that would technically be considered bull****. If not, then chewing tobacco wouldn't seem particularly harmful and would certainly circumvent the nitric oxide hazard of smoking it. But when it comes to tobacco, I think quite a bit depends on the additives involved. There are places where you can buy tobacco without additives, although I'm not too sure about tobacco's smokeless forms.

Travis

As 'dl?' I bet this stands for dextrorotary and levorotary, the two original ways to characterize chirality by the rotation of plane-polarized light. This of course breaks down for molecules having four chiral centers, such as tocopherol, where the 'R' and 'S' rules must then be used.

Nonetheless, I think the 'rac' prefix for 'racemic' is better and more intuitive, and am now starting to wonder whether the 'dl' designation is being used instead to obscure its racemic nature.

Travis

Which parts of the chicken were you specifically referring to? Skinless breast?

Yeah, but I can't type 'chicken breast' without blushing (lol).

But really, any part that is low in fat. I don't there's reason to suppose the fatty acid ratio changes much by specific chicken-location, and I've been notified earlier on this thread that certain chicken parts are indeed sufficiently lean to represent a low-linoleic acid food—this is despite is still having about ~20% (expressed as a ratio of all fatty acids).

Fractality

I think we'd have to look at the ingredients. I heard a nasty rumor that smokeless tobacco companies added a . . . how do I put this? . . . a 'tissue macerating excipient' such as fibreglass to increase nicotine uptake by compromising the epidermis. If true, I think that would technically be considered bull****. If not, then chewing tobacco wouldn't seem particularly harmful and would certainly circumvent the nitric oxide hazard of smoking it. But when it comes to tobacco, I think quite a bit depends on the additives involved. There are places where you can buy tobacco without additives, although I'm not too sure about tobacco's smokeless forms.

I've heard that rumor as well but not sure it applies to snus (in a pouch). Here are the ingredients of the snus I recently picked up at a local store. I figured I could try a brand like this to get a feel for it before delving into other brands with perhaps less additives. The humectant below is propylene glycol since that is listed on my can. The sweetener is artificial. Any glaring issues here?

General White Wintergreen Portion Snus

Ingredients: Water, Tobacco, Salt, Flavors incl. Smoke Flavor, Humectant (E 1520), pH Adjuster (E 500), Sweetener (E 950)

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals