The sun is burning me this year

Lizb

I'm also curious about a comment I read this week about how the sun is white and extremely bright and not yellow as usual.

I looked up today and agree.

Any thoughts?

peateats1

This started several years ago I think. I first noticed it in 2017 when driving. The sun coming through the window was burning my skin instead of being pleasantly warm, and then also noticed the color change.

rei

"the sun changing color" is a longstanding "conspiracy theory", and i think it has more to do with the way people's vision changes as they age. Everyone remembers it being yellow when they were young, and now it's white.

Studies and experience shows that metabolic health and PUFA content in skin determines how well you can tolerate the sun, in addition to how dark your skin is. Which would logically result in worse tolerance when one ages. Personally after turning my health around during the past 2 years i have been able to at least double my time in the sun, and i am in no way avoidant of PUFA, only try to minimize it when practical. But others have found similar doubling just from changing a high PUFa diet to low PUFA.

PxD

"the sun changing color" is a longstanding "conspiracy theory", and i think it has more to do with the way people's vision changes as they age. Everyone remembers it being yellow when they were young, and now it's white.

Studies and experience shows that metabolic health and PUFA content in skin determines how well you can tolerate the sun, in addition to how dark your skin is. Which would logically result in worse tolerance when one ages. Personally after turning my health around during the past 2 years i have been able to at least double my time in the sun, and i am in no way avoidant of PUFA, only try to minimize it when practical. But others have found similar doubling just from changing a high PUFa diet to low PUFA.
I can second this. Since going low PUFA in 2018 I’ve gone from being very sensitive to UV (15 minutes in noonday sun would result in sunburn) to very resistant (can spend 3-4 hours straight in midday sun in a hot climate without sunblock, no or minimal burn).

SOMO

Like our planet, the sun ALSO has seasons, but the sun's seasons last 11 years.

Any noticeable change in weather, temperature or rain can be explained by seasonal changes. It's not Bill Gates altering the weather.

OP
Lizb

Lizb

Sounds reasonable. Last year I tolerated the sun much better. I'm eating much the same as last year. Maybe an additional year of stress has made a difference.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals