Just ate a LOAD of STARCH for lunch -- now the sun bothers me

I decided to go out in to the sun and now it suddenly bothers me.

Normally since finding this place nearly 3 years ago I was a sun fanatic -- the sun had went from feeling like torture to feeling fantastic. I normally can sit hours in the ? hours some days and never burn or even tan too much.

I just decided to eat some leftovers -- like 6-8 oz. of pasta.

Well, fast-forward like an hour and I am feeling terrible in the sun, or at least not as good as most days.

Not that only starch could have this effect, but I think some other foods or situations can be similar too.

I checked the weather and it is not any hotter than usual -- and nothing else was a major factor to consider between this and most other days overall.

Unfortunately this means all bets are off -- starchers need to pay up NOW.

Or, well, at least come up with a good reason (excuse) to justify post-starch sun misery.

Normally since finding this place nearly 3 years ago I was a sun fanatic -- the sun had went from feeling like torture to feeling fantastic. I normally can sit hours in the ? hours some days and never burn or even tan too much.

Well, fast-forward like an hour and I am feeling terrible in the sun, or at least not as good as most days.

Not that only starch could have this effect, but I think some other foods or situations can be similar too.

I checked the weather and it is not any hotter than usual -- and nothing else was a major factor to consider between this and most other days overall.

Or, well, at least come up with a good reason (excuse) to justify post-starch sun misery.
What did you put on the pasta?

Andy316

Same, starch induces anxiety and light, noise sensitivity. Potatoes are the worst, read they are potent CCK Cholecystokinin (Bile) stimulators.

Looks like a possible B3 deficiency……

“Malabsorption associated with deficiencies of fat-soluble and water-soluble vitamins often affects the skin.

Fat-soluble vitamins:

• Vitamin A deficiency causes phrynoderma, ie keratotic follicular papules on anterolateral thighs and posterolateral upper arms.
  • Vitamin D deficiency in babies and children results in delayed tooth eruption with poor enamel. In adults, it predisposes to caries.
  • Vitamin K deficiency affects coagulation, leading to haemorrhage, purpura and ecchymoses.
Water-soluble vitamins:

opethfeldt

Starch is definitely not good but you also have to take into consideration that when you avoid starch for a long time, reintroducing it into your diet will probably have more detrimental effects than it would if you ate it regularly.

Starch is definitely not good but you also have to take into consideration that when you avoid starch for a long time, reintroducing it into your diet will probably have more detrimental effects than it would if you ate it regularly.
That has never happened to me . I think avoiding it gives your body a rest. I think it would be the same as a vegetarian going back to eating meat, and meat takes longer to digest than grains and potatoes.

EJG2112

Starch is the devil. (To anyone with less than stellar digestion) Starch combined with dairy seems to be especially horrible. I've never had an issue eating starch after avoiding it for weeks at a time. In fact, I have no issues for a few days, then it starts slowly coming back... Bloating, gas, inflammation, etc. Maybe it would be different coming back to it after months or years of abstaining from it.

Starch is the devil. (To anyone with less than stellar digestion) Starch combined with dairy seems to be especially horrible. I've never had an issue eating starch after avoiding it for weeks at a time. In fact, I have no issues for a few days, then it starts slowly coming back... Bloating, gas, inflammation, etc. Maybe it would be different coming back to it after months or years of abstaining from it.

+1

artist

Starch increases bacteria and by extension MMPs (collagen shredders basically) and I’ve become convinced this is the magic behind starch avoidance (often portrayed as “low carb” or “paleo”) especially for autoimmune issues.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals