Teeth have turned disustingly yellow

imei3489

when on a carnivore diet my teeth were strong as steel, they never hurt and i felt like i could chew through rock. my teeth were bright white and beautiful.
after i started peating they slowly became more and more yellow. an ok trade-off since everything else improved. i started eating a lot of white sugar and dates and maple syrup and they became very yellow. i then cut out all white sugar, syrup, cafe latte etc, and my teeth became less yellow. sugar makes your teeth yellow, i dont understand how people can deny that.
however, i then seriously upped my dairy, and now i eat tons of cheese and drink a lot of milk. and my teeth have now become disgusting looking, ugly even. they are so yellow, they have even more yellow spots on them, they look dirty. its so bad that people comment on it. i can see people staring at my teeth when i smile. a year ago i saw users here complain that too much dairy made their teeth yellow but i didnt expect it to happen to me. has anyone reversed this? the worst are the horrible stains. my teeth feel just fine.

just wanted to leave this anecdote.

boris

Brushing with baking soda keeps them white for me. I noticed that when I have indigestion from stress, I get rough feeling teeth and tartar buildup. I think Danny and Georgi discussed something like this on a podcast episode, it's in some way related to gut health.
Could be worth looking into.

I also get white tongue from stress, when milk passes undigested. When I have no stress, my tongue is always clear, even when drinking lots of milk and not brushing.

SamYo123

Brushing with baking soda keeps them white for me. I noticed that when I have indigestion from stress, I get rough feeling teeth and tartar buildup. I think Danny and Georgi discussed something like this on a podcast episode, it's in some way related to gut health.

I also get white tongue from stress, when milk passes undigested. When I have no stress, my tongue is always clear, even when drinking lots of milk and not brushing.
I noticed i get plaque build up behind my teeth bottom and top with starch

boris

I noticed i get plaque build up behind my teeth bottom and top with starch

I got toothaches from starch (when I ate a masa harina daily a few weeks ago). But again that was in a stressful time.

mrchibbs

Vitamin K2 has made several people get whiter teeth very quickly.

And I echo @boris comments about baking soda. Arm&Hammer have a baking soda toothpaste without bad ingredients that I enjoy a lot.

rei

carnivore is probably the best diet for tooth health. But taking care of them on a normal diet should not result in bad health, but you just cannot ignore tooth maintenance like on carnivore

mrchibbs

carnivore is probably the best diet for tooth health. But taking care of them on a normal diet should not result in bad health, but you just cannot ignore tooth maintenance like on carnivore

It's really interesting how that works, because pieces of meat do get stuck in between teeth and yet, many carnivore people stop experiencing any issue like you mention. Maybe it's because everything downstream (intestine) is working much smoothly and without inflammation/bacterial overgrowth.

OP
I

imei3489

It's really interesting how that works, because pieces of meat do get stuck in between teeth and yet, many carnivore people stop experiencing any issue like you mention. Maybe it's because everything downstream (intestine) is working much smoothly and without inflammation/bacterial overgrowth.
when i did carnivore, i only brushed like once a week. i constantly had pieces of meat in my teeth 24/7. there is no other diet that even comes close when it comes to oral health. really sucks.

mrchibbs

when i did carnivore, i only brushed like once a week. i constantly had pieces of meat in my teeth 24/7. there is no other diet that even comes close when it comes to oral health. really sucks.

It's an interesting observation though.

emarie

when on a carnivore diet my teeth were strong as steel, they never hurt and i felt like i could chew through rock. my teeth were bright white and beautiful.
after i started peating they slowly became more and more yellow. an ok trade-off since everything else improved. i started eating a lot of white sugar and dates and maple syrup and they became very yellow. i then cut out all white sugar, syrup, cafe latte etc, and my teeth became less yellow. sugar makes your teeth yellow, i dont understand how people can deny that.
however, i then seriously upped my dairy, and now i eat tons of cheese and drink a lot of milk. and my teeth have now become disgusting looking, ugly even. they are so yellow, they have even more yellow spots on them, they look dirty. its so bad that people comment on it. i can see people staring at my teeth when i smile. a year ago i saw users here complain that too much dairy made their teeth yellow but i didnt expect it to happen to me. has anyone reversed this? the worst are the horrible stains. my teeth feel just fine.

just wanted to leave this anecdote.
I found, Uncle Harry's Remineralization Powder, to be very helpful with this.

HeartGold

I am experiencing exactly the same, stress makes my tongue white and nasty.

People told me to stop using sugar, I did and my tongue was terrible. When I started eating a lot of sugar again and reduced my stress my tongue cleared completely up.

What did you mean by ‘when milk passes undigested’ ?

Apple

Yeah, I can confirm that . Pieces of meat may stuck between teeth but they don't form a film like starches/sugar. Basically no need to brush teeth and caries doesn't develop. But start eating starches and make sure to make a dentist appointment for your next cavity ...

Last edited:

aniciete

Anything with fructose gives me plaque build up within hours. White rice and milk dont give me this issue. Any thoughts?