Syrian Rue

paper_clips43

Does anyone know if Syrian Rue would be peat friendly?

It is a natural MAO Inhibitor. I am not sure if Peat views that as something beneficial or not.

Ben

Estrogen inhibits the enzyme monoamino oxidase (MAO), and is highly associated with increased serotonin activity. Progesterone has the opposite effect on MAO.

MAOI's increase 5-HT, so they are not healthy. However, if you are making ayahuasca, then Syrian Rue is a required ingredient because it prevents the MAO from breaking down the active substance. If you only make ayahuasca on occasion, then the positive effects of the ayahuasca on mental health will be greater than the negative effects of the MAOI. This includes improvements in short term memory, focus, loyalty, and mood (and others I can't recall, I'm reciting off the top of my head from a book I read). Don't eat cheese when you take a MAOI though, because you will get sick. Check out which foods aren't compatible with MAOI's.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Ben said:
Estrogen inhibits the enzyme monoamino oxidase (MAO), and is highly associated with increased serotonin activity. Progesterone has the opposite effect on MAO.

MAOI's increase 5-HT, so they are not healthy. However, if you are making ayahuasca, then Syrian Rue is a required ingredient because it prevents the MAO from breaking down the active substance. If you only make ayahuasca on occasion, then the positive effects of the ayahuasca on mental health will be greater than the negative effects of the MAOI. This includes improvements in short term memory, focus, loyalty, and mood (and others I can't recall, I'm reciting off the top of my head from a book I read). Don't eat cheese when you take a MAOI though, because you will get sick. Check out which foods aren't compatible with MAOI's.
My cousin used to make that as a treatment for depression. I tried it once but he only gave me a very small dose. I felt nauseated but the next day and for about 2 weeks my mood did seem improved. I traveled several hours to try ayahuasca so it wasn't practical to drive that far regularly. He eventually stopped brewing it because he felt negative effects from using it too much.

OP
paper_clips43

paper_clips43

Ben said:

Thanks Ben.

I had it with Psilocybin Mushrooms at a full moon party on Friday night. I believe it did have an overall positive effect on my mood so far, although I do not claim that is entirely healthy.

I looked a little more into the foods to not eat. I read that foods containing tryamine should not be consumed with taking MAOI such as cheese, yogurt, and liver.

There is a big Ayahuasca community here in Maui and I suppose when the time is right I might partake.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals