Is This Mushroom Powder Any Good?

I have a bag of this sitting around, "Sacred 7 Organic Mushroom Extract Powder" by company called Naturealm, a friend gave me because they didn't want it. It has high reviews on Amazon.....

I know nothing about medicinal mushrooms. I have read here that regular white button mushrooms are strongly anti-estrogen. I am interested in maybe supplementing this product, but there are so many mushrooms in it I am not sure exactly what to make of it. Does anyone here know enough about all of these to offer their opinion on if this blend would be peat-friendly? If it lowers estrogen and serotonin etc I'd be stoked.

upload_2018-4-8_2-36-35.png

goodandevil

I have a bag of this sitting around, "Sacred 7 Organic Mushroom Extract Powder" by company called Naturealm, a friend gave me because they didn't want it. It has high reviews on Amazon.....

I know nothing about medicinal mushrooms. I have read here that regular white button mushrooms are strongly anti-estrogen. I am interested in maybe supplementing this product, but there are so many mushrooms in it I am not sure exactly what to make of it. Does anyone here know enough about all of these to offer their opinion on if this blend would be peat-friendly? If it lowers estrogen and serotonin etc I'd be stoked.

View attachment 8933
We got something similar for our cats, and they began having seizure-like activity. I think these supplements are dried, uncooked mushrooms, and that means toxins are extant, because toxins are diminished with cooking.

OP
Captain_Coconut
It says it is a hot water extraction... so I guess not totally raw. They say they test for heavy metals too. I wonder how much copper there is relative to zinc...

Dave Clark

It says it is a hot water extraction... so I guess not totally raw. They say they test for heavy metals too. I wonder how much copper there is relative to zinc...
From what I understand, they have to use steam or hot water to break down the cellulose in order to extract the nutrients, perhaps the beta glucan, etc. In fact, if you find a company that doen't use that method, they are not worth using. One of the best mushroom companies is Aloha Medicinals, check out their site.

vulture

As far as I know you might be interested more on White Bottom Mushrooms (more aromatase inhibitor effect than about 6 or more species studied)

OP
Captain_Coconut
Thanks group. If this powder inhibits 5 A reductase then it may not be worth my time. Is white button mushroom not a 5ar inhibitor??

Aleeri

I think it's safe to say that mushrooms are one of the most beneficial foods no matter some of their 5ar activity. There is a ton of positive research out there, minimal negative. Ray has highly recommended them for estrogen reduction.

Mossy

View attachment 8933
Hi Captain C, I own this very supplement as well, but have not taken it in almost 2 years. I never had any negative reactions to it, and I'm highly sensitive to supplements and food. I may try it again, as mushrooms are expensive and this would be a cheaper means to consume them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals