Curcumin As An MAOI

greenmachinex

I've been researching curcumin a bit recently and with a couple issues I'm dealing with regarding inflammation (sarcoidosis and tendinitis and tendinosis in multiple places) I believe this could be very therapeutic. My blood pressure runs a little higher than optimal as well. But, my concern is I love cheese and from everything I've read, curcumin is an MAO inhibitor. The last thing I would want to do is give myself a hypertensive crisis from a supplement. Does anyone use curcumin and how strong of an MAOI is it? Does it matter at all? Thanks in advance.

Mito

I've been researching curcumin a bit recently and with a couple issues I'm dealing with regarding inflammation (sarcoidosis and tendinitis and tendinosis in multiple places) I believe this could be very therapeutic. My blood pressure runs a little higher than optimal as well. But, my concern is I love cheese and from everything I've read, curcumin is an MAO inhibitor. The last thing I would want to do is give myself a hypertensive crisis from a supplement. Does anyone use curcumin and how strong of an MAOI is it? Does it matter at all? Thanks in advance.
Not sure if the association is strong but here is one study: Antidepressant activity of curcumin: involvement of serotonin and dopamine system. - PubMed - NCBI
Curcumin (10-80 mg/kg, i.p.) dose dependently inhibited the immobility period, increased serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) as well as dopamine levels (at higher doses), and inhibited the monoamine oxidase enzymes (both MAO-A and MAO-B, higher doses) in mice.

smith

When I take a potent extract of an herb I've never consumed before, I get high for a while and some mental inhibitions disappear, leading to a sort of reflective, introspective or open-minded state where I get a bunch of new perspectives on things. This only happens the first time, then my body adapts and I no longer experience this from the same herb extract. What is happening here?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals