Study on thc

TucsonJJ

anyone see any other studies like this?
So... THC is a prolactin suppressor... and a serotonin antagonist?
The statement "The SPL suppression after THC treatment was abolished upon treatment with cyproheptadine." is a bit confusing... I thought Cypro was a serotonin antagonist too...??? Why would it negate the suppression of prolactin?
Or am I confused on this?
BTW: I use cannabis nightly and love it. Small doses... I take some Theanine with it.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

i see studies that say opposite its harder to find studies on thc most are focused on cannabis in general.

TucsonJJ

It seems THC is toxic to the hypocampus anyway.
I don't think that has been proven at all... in fact, this study seems to contradict the "shrinkage" of the hippocampus.
Certainly many more studies need to be performed, so few have been done... a good 1st step it to take cannabis off Schedule 1... which is just another Big Pharma disgrace (not as appalling as the Covid death-jabs, but still...)

Schizophonia

I don't think that has been proven at all... in fact, this study seems to contradict the "shrinkage" of the hippocampus.
Certainly many more studies need to be performed, so few have been done... a good 1st step it to take cannabis off Schedule 1... which is just another Big Pharma disgrace (not as appalling as the Covid death-jabs, but still...)

This study says the opposite : Reduction in hippocampal volumes subsequent to heavy cannabis use: a 3-year longitudinal study - PubMed
What do you think about that ?

ThinPicking

"Heavy use" of anything prone to cause volume contraction, including alcolol, will probably do that. It's probably quite easy to swiftly reverse it. At least the part that's visible on an MRI. It doesn't tell us anything about nanoscopic structural alterations. Which this casual user thinks would be a given if you're getting caked all day, every day on dank hydroponic strains. But it could be the behavioral changes likely to accompany the something-for-nothing blanket doing that, and not the cannabis itself. Like this caricature of a stoner from True Romance. Sitting around all day, feeling fuzzy.

brad-pitt-j0zqr2.gif

TucsonJJ

YOUR referenced study stated "However, researchers have not clearly determined whether persistent heavy cannabis use leads to morphological changes in the hippocampus or whether an earlier age of onset of first cannabis use and/or higher doses of cannabis exposure exacerbate these alterations."
I am convinced that regular cannabis use by adolescents DOES often cause significant problems

MY referenced study, addressed general (adult?) use and states: "Usage of cannabis (lifetime consumption score) was correlated to increased volumes in certain subfields: the CA3 and CA4 in the right hemisphere and the presubiculum in both, the left and right hemispheres at baseline. Other tests including student's t-test and multivariate analysis of covariance were performed. Tests to understand the effects of varying consumption were also performed. Persistent usage of cannabis, however, did not result in atrophy of the subfields over time. Rather, there were lower growth rates observed in the healthy controls group as compared to that of the cannabis users in certain subfields."

The studies don't contradict each other, right??? THAT'S what I think... But if you fear it... or are YOUNG... don't use it!

TucsonJJ

"Heavy use" of anything prone to cause volume contraction, including alcolol, will probably do that. It's probably quite easy to swiftly reverse it. At least the part that's visible on an MRI. It doesn't tell us anything about nanoscopic structural alterations. Which this casual user thinks would be a given if you're getting caked all day, every day on dank hydroponic strains. But it could be the behavioral changes likely to accompany the something-for-nothing blanket doing that, and not the cannabis itself. Like this caricature of a stoner from True Romance. Sitting around all day, feeling fuzzy.

brad-pitt-j0zqr2.gif
As I stated above... Schitzo's article clearly states that there was no problem unless cannabis use began EARLY. Otherwise, no proof at all about cannabis reducing hippocamal volumes in ADULTS.

ThinPicking

As I stated above... Schitzo's article clearly states that there was no problem unless cannabis use began EARLY. Otherwise, no proof at all about cannabis reducing hippocamal volumes in ADULTS.
You can take whatever view you like sir. Lord knows at one time or another I've been a "heavy user" and I certainly don't feel scathed by it, except for wasted time and alternative crutches.

It's just probably not a good idea for us to encourage that kind of behavior in others.

Schizophonia

brad-pitt-j0zqr2.gif
Alcohol is directly toxic. I seem to have also seen a study demonstrating neurotoxicity in the hipocampus, remembering an increase in markers of apoptosis of nerve cells.
I don't understand the subject so I'll stop there.
YOUR referenced study stated "However, researchers have not clearly determined whether persistent heavy cannabis use leads to morphological changes in the hippocampus or whether an earlier age of onset of first cannabis use and/or higher doses of cannabis exposure exacerbate these alterations."
I am convinced that regular cannabis use by adolescents DOES often cause significant problems

MY referenced study, addressed general (adult?) use and states: "Usage of cannabis (lifetime consumption score) was correlated to increased volumes in certain subfields: the CA3 and CA4 in the right hemisphere and the presubiculum in both, the left and right hemispheres at baseline. Other tests including student's t-test and multivariate analysis of covariance were performed. Tests to understand the effects of varying consumption were also performed. Persistent usage of cannabis, however, did not result in atrophy of the subfields over time. Rather, there were lower growth rates observed in the healthy controls group as compared to that of the cannabis users in certain subfields."

The studies don't contradict each other, right??? THAT'S what I think... But if you fear it... or are YOUNG... don't use it!
Why would a molecule be toxic for young people but not for older people?

ThinPicking

Why would a molecule be toxic
That alone might actually be a good question brother. Maybe let this subject be and cast your mind adrift.

Ask yourself. If the dose makes the poison, what does the concentration do.

TucsonJJ

You can take whatever view you like sir. Lord knows at one time or another I've been a "heavy user" and I certainly don't feel scathed by it, except for wasted time and alternative crutches.

It's just probably not a good idea for us to encourage that kind of behavior in others.
This is not about "whatever view I like", it's about available information. Don't you agree?
And I don't consider smoking at night a "waste", anymore than a nightly cocktail hour is... healthier I would think... and I think it is an individual thing as to needing, or using it as a "crutch", seems you used it that way, eh?
I smoke a little nightly around 9... hit the rack around 11... so not needing a "crutch"... it DOES really help my sleep...
"Encouraging" behavior? LOL! I don't go around "encouraging" people to use cannabis... unless, I suppose, someone asks...

TucsonJJ

Alcohol is directly toxic. I seem to have also seen a study demonstrating neurotoxicity in the hipocampus, remembering an increase in markers of apoptosis of nerve cells.
I don't understand the subject so I'll stop there.

Why would a molecule be toxic for young people but not for older people?
Brain and CNS is still developing

TucsonJJ

Take your own advice, fella, I am totally calm... YOU are the one triggered. Best to keep still.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

there was a study that showed small amounts of alochol increases T. Beer helps with bile production I think one beer can be helpful in that amount or two depending on your body weight max.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals