Don't Laugh But My Nurse Asked Me

biggirlkisss

My nurse asked me to ask what you think of injections of ssri and or antipsychotics. You can express your real opinion that fine. I know serotonin increases no which damages mitochondrial respiration. but ssri also increase allopregnanolone. So the good seems to outweigh the bad sometimes? I don't understand how it can benefit without somehow reducing stress hormones. Antipsychotics seem safer I want to get seroquel but they don't want me on it due to cholesterol problems which make me wonder why it does? Shouldn't it lower cholesterol by lowering serotonin increasing thyroid function? Anyways they suggested brexpprazole. I can't find studies on pubmed of serum serotonin and coirstol or adrenaline levels being lowered. I know it does not have h1 benefits like sereoquel does. Thoughts? I was thinking mirtazapine based on studies but they won't do that either because of weight gain.

for seroquel I found this study

Quetiapine anxiolytic-like effect in the Vogel conflict test is serotonin dependent. - PubMed - NCBI

but no direct conclusion for lowering serotonin. I found this though

https://academic.oup.com/ijnp/article/13/7/951/668777

anticholinergic, or antiserotoninergic properties.

thoughts would be greatly appropriated.

lampofred

anxiety and especially ibs are indicative of high serotonin, so i would think antipsychotics/ssri's would make it worse. antipsychotics would indirectly increase serotonin by decreasing dopamine i think? and ssri's obviously will increase serotonin.

maybe peat would suggest a carrot salad based on your ibs issue? high dose caffeine and aspirin and low dose niacinamide work for me personally when trying to combat serotonin. Zinc and magnesium also. Avoiding cold foods/hard to digest foods. Sleeping on your left side will also increase digestive power from what I've heard. Bag breathing is also good for anxiety from personal experience.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

thanks lampofred some antipsycohotics increase dopamine helping but ya I can do the same thing with red light and diet.

Constatine

anxiety and especially ibs are indicative of high serotonin, so i would think antipsychotics/ssri's would make it worse. antipsychotics would indirectly increase serotonin by decreasing dopamine i think? and ssri's obviously will increase serotonin.

maybe peat would suggest a carrot salad based on your ibs issue? high dose caffeine and aspirin and low dose niacinamide work for me personally when trying to combat serotonin. Zinc and magnesium also. Avoiding cold foods/hard to digest foods. Sleeping on your left side will also increase digestive power from what I've heard. Bag breathing is also good for anxiety from personal experience.
I think IBS is more complex than high serotonin and sometimes lowering serotonin can be detrimental to the gut health (because serotonin decreases gut permeability and keeps the endotoxin or bacteria in the gut and not the blood). That said though the only thing you listed that I would disagree with is aspirin, which can help but can also make the issue much worse considering its effects on the gut mucosal barrier. A carrrot salad is definitely helpful. Maybe add some mushrooms to it.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

ya I want to get ondancestron because it lowers serotonin but it also causes constipation. I will see if the pros out weigh the cons.

Constatine

Let me be clear that I don't think increasing serotonin while having gut problems is healthy, it could actually probably give you serotonin syndrome, but I don't think messing around with it is wise.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

will ginger tea is helping and i saw a study that it lowered serotonin so.

Constatine

will ginger tea is helping and i saw a study that it lowered serotonin so.
Yeah it definitely has some antagonizing actions. Do you notice if you feel better after a good amount of sunlight? I've found that sun exposure, but not red light exposure, dramatically helps any gut issues of mine.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

yes it does your not using red light that intense enough is why. If the red light was intense as sunlight then you would notice it.

paymanz

At least one type of ibs ,the ibs-d is caused by high serotonin (most probably).and anti serotonin drugs are shown to be effective to cure it.

nwo2012

Tiny amounts of Tianeptine 3 days on and 2 off should help the IBS and anxiety symptoms of your hyperthyroidism. Anxiety is not caused by IBS, they are both merely symptoms of hypothyroidism.
10mg doses should be sufficient. Small doses and cycling on and off will ensure no dependence.

Merely suggestions and my 2c.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals