Slow-Release Cortisol Inhibitor?

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Is there any supplement or idealabs product that acts as a - slow-release - cortisol inhibitor?

My cortisol starts to go up after about three hours of sleep (something that Peat wrote about as being common), and then I wake up and have to go to the bathroom (I have read that too much cortisol makes the kidneys "overproduce").

So, is there anything that will lower cortisol, over a period of hours, not just for an hour or so?
I have not found anything on this forum about this.
Thanks.

Ismail

Is there any supplement or idealabs product that acts as a - slow-release - cortisol inhibitor?

My cortisol starts to go up after about three hours of sleep (something that Peat wrote about as being common), and then I wake up and have to go to the bathroom (I have read that too much cortisol makes the kidneys "overproduce").

So, is there anything that will lower cortisol, over a period of hours, not just for an hour or so?
Thanks.
Have you looked into phosphatidylserine?

Ismail

I have this, but have never noticed any cortisol lowering benefit, slow or rapid.
How much have you taken? And which type?

600-800mg a day (spread out) is meant to help with cortisol.

I’ve personally found the soy derived one more effective than the sunflower lecithin derived version.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
How much have you taken? And which type?

600-800mg a day (spread out) is meant to help with cortisol.

I’ve personally found the soy derived one more effective than the sunflower lecithin derived version.
Ismail,
I was taking the sunflower type (Long Life Nutri) , 125 mg 2x a day, but not at supper.

I will try 250 mg 2x a day, lunch and supper.

What soy brand do you use?

Ismail

Ismail,
I was taking the sunflower type (Long Life Nutri) , 125 mg 2x a day, but not at supper.

I will try 250 mg 2x a day, lunch and supper.

What soy brand do you use?
I also tried the sunflower type, it did absolutely nothing for me - even when I tried the 600-800mg dosage.

I used to have really high cortisol and stress. My traps and neck were always tights and extremely uncomfortable.

I used to buy the phosphatidylserine powder from Myprotein.com, however I think they changed suppliers as the PS tastes absolutely vile now, as if it has a chemical in it.

Currently I’m using this brand from amazon:

Phosphatidylserine 150mg 120... Amazon.co.uk

PS.png

When I first started using PS, I took the recommend dose on the back of the pack (thing it was 150 - 200mg) - it did nothing for me, so I stopped using it. I then started seeing PS popping up again in places where I was reading about cortisol and stress, so I somehow ended up on bulk.com or Myprotein.com reviews or PS, and lo and behold there was a testimonial stating that stress and cortisol reducing benefits would not be experienced unless one takes 800mg of PS a day.

So that’s what I tried and I truly couldn’t believe how amazing I felt after doing this (I took 300mg in the morning, 300mg around lunch and 200mg before bed).

Hope this help.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I also tried the sunflower type, it did absolutely nothing for me - even when I tried the 600-800mg dosage.

I used to have really high cortisol and stress. My traps and neck were always tights and extremely uncomfortable.

I used to buy the phosphatidylserine powder from Myprotein.com, however I think they changed suppliers as the PS tastes absolutely vile now, as if it has a chemical in it.

Currently I’m using this brand from amazon:

Phosphatidylserine 150mg 120... Amazon.co.uk

When I first started using PS, I took the recommend dose on the back of the pack (thing it was 150 - 200mg) - it did nothing for me, so I stopped using it. I then started seeing PS popping up again in places where I was reading about cortisol and stress, so I somehow ended up on bulk.com or Myprotein.com reviews or PS, and lo and behold there was a testimonial stating that stress and cortisol reducing benefits would not be experienced unless one takes 800mg of PS a day.

So that’s what I tried and I truly couldn’t believe how amazing I felt after doing this (I took 300mg in the morning, 300mg around lunch and 200mg before bed).

Hope this help.
Thanks.
This product is not available here in the US.
I cannot find a soy based product here without nasty additives like silica or silicon dioxide.

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Thanks.
Emodin inhibit cortisol production and its in idealabs lapodin and there are other products out there with emodin in it or just emodin.

OP
A

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
Emodin inhibit cortisol production and its in idealabs lapodin and there are other products out there with emodin in it or just emodin.

Area,
Thanks.
Yes, I have lapodin.
I was hoping to find something that would lower cortisol for several hours, overnight.
I think lapodin works for a couple of hours, but I have never seen any details about how long it actually lasts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals