Is This Elevated Afternoon Cortisol? Suggestions?

My typical temps are like this

wake: 97.0
get up and walk around a bit: 97.5
after breakfast: 97.8
before lunch: 98.0
after lunch: 98.6
before dinner: 97.5
after dinner: 97.8
before bed: 97.5

So my temps do go up after meals, but they also tend to go up in the afternoon and come down to 'normal' in the evening. My pulse also goes up about 10 beats in the afternoon. And my glycemic excursions seem to be greater in the afternoon as well, with the same meal giving me a 1hr postprandial glucose of 150 in the afternoon vs 130 in the morning or evening.

All of this seems to me like elevated afternoon cortisol. Thoughts?

I'm still in the data gathering phase and have not started Peating yet. I'm on a high starch, moderate fat, moderate protein diet, similar to SAD but no junk food or sugar. I cut out PUFA a week ago. Do you have any suggestions of what I should be doing or looking out for at this point, as I start to add OJ/milk and drop starch?

wintagal

My temps are also lower in the morning and higher in the evenings. Gradual increase all day. I'm hypothyroid so they usually don't get to 98 unless I'm exercising like a fiend and eating sugar all day. I also have low cortisol and take replacement cortisol in a diurnal pattern; meaning more in the morning and none by dinnertime. So I doubt that I have high evening cortisol levels; in fact, I usually have evening hypoglycemia from low cortisol.
All this is a long way of saying that you may not have elevated afternoon cortisol.
A saliva test would answer your question.

OP
B
My temps are also lower in the morning and higher in the evenings. Gradual increase all day. I'm hypothyroid so they usually don't get to 98 unless I'm exercising like a fiend and eating sugar all day. I also have low cortisol and take replacement cortisol in a diurnal pattern; meaning more in the morning and none by dinnertime. So I doubt that I have high evening cortisol levels; in fact, I usually have evening hypoglycemia from low cortisol.
All this is a long way of saying that you may not have elevated afternoon cortisol.
A saliva test would answer your question.

Why do you think your evening temps are higher?

wintagal

Good question. Maybe food all day? They're higher when I eat sugar and exercise.

OP
B
Good question. Maybe food all day? They're higher when I eat sugar and exercise.

In my case however everything (pre/post-meal pulse, temps, and blood sugar) all come down in the evening, even with regular meals every three hours.

wintagal

A saliva test (look at ZRT labs) will give you reliable data if it's a normal day for you (regular meals, rest, no unusual stress, infections, etc).
However, blood sugar coming down doesn't sound like high cortisol to me. My AM fasting glucose numbers are in the 80s without my cortisol dose; but are 110 if I take my morning cortisol before the blood draw. If I'm hungry and take cortisol, I become not hungry within 30 minutes.
How low does your blood sugar go, and what time of evening?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals