Sinatra‘s Notebook

peter88

Definitely B vitamins. Thyroid had a stimulating effect on motility in the beginning, but that quickly subsided.
Do you still feel the need to take thyroid while taking b vitamins? I feel like I’ve tried everything to increase body temp and bowel frequency except b vitamins. The amount of food allergies I’ve developed is alarming. Can’t eat grains, dairy, eggs, no fiber. Only things that don’t slow motility and cause severe stomach issues is juice and meat.

FitnessMike

Definitely B vitamins. Thyroid had a stimulating effect on motility in the beginning, but that quickly subsided.
what b vitamins did you notice had the most effecton the motility?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

what b vitamins did you notice had the most effecton the motility?
Hard to say. I would think thiamine, but riboflavin, niacin and B5 also play into it. We need all cofactors (TPP, FAD, NAD, CoA + Mg) for proper pyruvate dehydrogenase activity to turn pyruvate into Acetyl-CoA, which then joins together with choline and synthesizes acetylcholine which is used by the vagus nerve for stomach acid production, bile flow, digestive and pancreatic enzyme secretion, motility…

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Feeling great with the addition of nicotinic acid.

Holding it at 120mg a day currently. (4x30mg after each meal)

It seems to resolve my long-term problem of dry scaly hands that often even bleed when the skin stretched. Somehow dry skin isn’t a problem on other body area? :D

That hand problem used to come and go, but never fully. Now seems like it’s 90% better, for multiple days consistently.

FitnessMike

Feeling great with the addition of nicotinic acid.

Holding it at 120mg a day currently. (4x30mg after each meal)

It seems to resolve my long-term problem of dry scaly hands that often even bleed when the skin stretched. Somehow dry skin isn’t a problem on other body area? :D

That hand problem used to come and go, but never fully. Now seems like it’s 90% better, for multiple days consistently.
Dry hands are a common symptom of low metabolism, but you know that I'm sure.

It comes and goes in my case too, but it comes when I urinate at night many times, this is typically due to different reasons and it takes me a week or so to figure out what that is and sort it out.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Updated stack:

• 50 mcg LT4 (30min before coffee, on an empty stomach in the AM) to keep TSH down to ~1.0
• 10 mg thiamine pyrophosphate (B1)
• 30 mg riboflavin (B2) for FMN/FAD
• 60-120 mg nicotinic acid (B3) for NAD+
• 50 mg calcium pantothenate (B5) for CoA
• 1-5 mg biotin (B7) to support B12 activation
• 1 mg methyl-/adenysl-B12 for methylation, energy metabolism and lowering NO
• 0.5 mg methylfolate to support B12 activation
• 240 mg (elemental Mg) from magnesium citrate powder for ATPase-dependent activation of all B‘s

Last edited:

FitnessMike

still happy with niacin? big difference between niacinamide and nicotinic acid?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

still happy with niacin? big difference between niacinamide and nicotinic acid?
I noticed much better alcohol clearance (tolerance) while taking niacin, hehe. I think it helps, but may need to up the dose to „feel“ it, if you know what I mean. I am just taking a low dose after each meal.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

My bile flow / digestion has been wonky recently. Esp. riboflavin seemed to cause some bile flow problems. But I am taking just a low dose. Curious.

Added back white cannellini beans (3 cups a day) and bile flow all fixed. And it’s been a week consistently and having 2-3 well formed BM a day. I don’t know if it’s the fiber, molybdenum, folate or else, but very powerful food for detox.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Currently at 50 mg nicotinic acid four times a day — so 200mg total. Slowly but surely increasing it. Feeling energized from that.

Also currently trying a reintroduction of 95% lean ground beef to my diet. Not much; around 200g a day. I think lean beef strongly supports detox —had intense dark brown, almost greenish stool after just one day of eating it, but digestion feels good. Feels similar to a big dose of thiamine. I think I used to feel sick from eating beef because of intense bile dumping. Need to be careful with it because my liver is still toxic.

I get very similar side effects from all detox-promoting agents (like supplemental and dietary zinc, supplemental lactoferrin, high dose B1, selenium and molybdenum etc etc) so I am very sure that it’s due to bile dumping. (Motility speeds up, stool form and quality increases massively, stool color gets dark brown to green-ish, stool gets sticky, absolutely no undigested food — that can go along with (mild to moderate) dizziness, lower body temperature, headache, mild cold symptoms, red eyes, dark eye bags, body aches, when detox is pushed too heavily)

Need to remind myself that it is a marathon, not a race… slow and steady wins in the end…

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think lean beef strongly supports detox
I agree. Sometimes even too strong for me and I have to back down to turkey.
Need to remind myself that it is a marathon, not a race… slow and steady wins in the end…
:+1

This definitely takes discipline, so this entire process makes a person better all around.

FitnessMike

50 mcg LT4 (30min before coffee, on an empty stomach in the AM) to keep TSH down to ~1.0
did you feel very hypothyroid before starting 50cg T4?

FitnessMike

FitnessMike

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I'm honestly surprised that you can get such good effect from 50 mcg t4
Pulse isn’t that high on T4 but 60-70 at least, but I tend towards low acetylcholine rather than high these days and prefer to keep HR a bit more down.

Bodytemp in normal 36.6-37.0 C during the day.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Never really spoken about it here, but I have a bad habit on weekends and this is smoking cigarettes and a lot of them. Like 1-2 packs. Really just became a habit to let loose and enjoy weekends with friends, go out etc. I just made the switch to nicotine pouches and already feel so much better with that. Feels much cleaner too.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I continue to eat 200-400g of lean beef each day. No temperature crash, no neuro symptoms, no high blood pressure. I am amazed.. I think nicotinic acid fixed my zinc issues.

Thanks for your recommendation to try niacin for my issues with zinc, copper etc. <3 @charlie

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals