Sinatra‘s Notebook

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Addition of NAC to bile collected from dogs reduces bile viscosity. Therefore, the mucolytic activity of NAC can be used to treat biliary sludge.
Nice find!

Vivin3BC

Hey Sinatra!
Interesting how you’ve changed your ways of eating.

How exactly do you prepare the oats? I’ve been thinking about baking them in the oven.

Thanks!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Hey Sinatra!
Interesting how you’ve changed your ways of eating.

How exactly do you prepare the oats? I’ve been thinking about baking them in the oven.

Thanks!
I often just cook them freshly in a pot with water.
Overnight oats are also very tasty and sometimes more appealing in the hot sommer months! :)

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Just started taking bovine lactoferrin again. I think my liver is helped by it. It is supposed to heal the bile ducts and increase bile secretion into the GI tract.

I haven‘t been taking it for a while now, because it is a pretty expensive supplement and I wanted to test out, how I feel without.

I am having some weird stool lately, but it‘s hard to explain. Basically, with lactoferrin, my stool is perfect - sticky, dark brown, one big piece. Now being off it for a while my stool has become progressively lighter in color, less sticky, falls apart in the toilet water into many pieces. From my experience this happens when there is too little bile secretion in the gut.

I also tried adding small amounts (5-10g) of olive oil to my meals, because my parents recently bought me some really expensive HQ stuff on their italian trip, but without success to me. My upper right abdomen hurts with added oils and my stool gets loose and float. Definitely bile issues present.

Took 400mg of LF dissolved in water with 6g of psyllium husk the last evenings. So far so good.

aniciete

Just started taking bovine lactoferrin again. I think my liver is helped by it. It is supposed to heal the bile ducts and increase bile secretion into the GI tract.

I haven‘t been taking it for a while now, because it is a pretty expensive supplement and I wanted to test out, how I feel without.

I am having some weird stool lately, but it‘s hard to explain. Basically, with lactoferrin, my stool is perfect - sticky, dark brown, one big piece. Now being off it for a while my stool has become progressively lighter in color, less sticky, falls apart in the toilet water into many pieces. From my experience this happens when there is too little bile secretion in the gut.

I also tried adding small amounts (5-10g) of olive oil to my meals, because my parents recently bought me some really expensive HQ stuff on their italian trip, but without success to me. My upper right abdomen hurts with added oils and my stool gets loose and float. Definitely bile issues present.

Took 400mg of LF dissolved in water with 6g of psyllium husk the last evenings. So far so good.
Do you recall if your stool was dark before experimenting with with VA supps and dealing with toxicity? From what I remember, I never had loose stools, pale stools or any other bowel issues before I went on a high dairy/eggs/liver diet in the last 2 years. It sucks because most things don’t help achieve dark and non broken up stools. I think the masa harina I’ve been eating is making it a light green which I’ve seen means it’s going through the digestive track too fast. I just can’t imagine I would’ve had the same reaction say 5 years ago.

David PS

Have you ever tried prunes? I eat 5-10 per day for the boron. They improve bowel movements.

Kram

Is it good bile flow that makes a stool well formed? I have also been using lactoferrin. Think it's giving me detox symptoms.

InChristAlone

Is it good bile flow that makes a stool well formed? I have also been using lactoferrin. Think it's giving me detox symptoms.
For me fiber makes stool well formed because it's the dead bacteria and soluble fiber binding up the bile that makes it that way.

InChristAlone

What kind of fiber do you eat?
I can't handle much soluble fiber without cramping but when I do eat it I get the ideal type of poop that sinks and is perfect color. So things like oats, beans, whole grains, psyllium.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Do you recall if your stool was dark before experimenting with with VA supps and dealing with toxicity? From what I remember, I never had loose stools, pale stools or any other bowel issues before I went on a high dairy/eggs/liver diet in the last 2 years. It sucks because most things don’t help achieve dark and non broken up stools. I think the masa harina I’ve been eating is making it a light green which I’ve seen means it’s going through the digestive track too fast. I just can’t imagine I would’ve had the same reaction say 5 years ago.
I used to have IBS beforehand but my bile & digestion issues definitely skyrocketed on a high vitamin A diet and on retinol supplement.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Yes!

Lactoferrin is definitely strong stuff. If it causes unbearable detox symptoms of retracing of symptoms, back off the dosage or stop for a few days.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

The next thing after lactoferrin that really seems to improve the stools is methylation support.

Things that should improve bile sludge:
1. Methylated B vitamins
2. Taurine
3. Phosphatidylcholine
4. TMG
5. Bitters
6. Glycine

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

What I typically eat in a day:

400g of rice - weighed uncooked (rotating between basmati, jasmine, sushi and brown rice)
2. 800g of chicken filet - weighed uncooked
3. 400g of white button mushrooms - weighed uncooked
4. 400g of beans (rotating between black beans, adzuki and cannelloni beans)

Cook and then mix all together. This is spread into 4 meals.

Snacks:
2 big apples
6. 250g mixed berries

Drinks:
7. Forstetal mineral water (2-3 L)
8. Black coffee

I also ordered another blood test. I requested a large blood panel (hemoglobin, MCV, hematocrit, RBC…), plasma zinc, serum copper, ceruloplasmin and ferritin.
I did this because I am still unable to tolerate any beef or zinc without getting neurological problems.

I will receive the full results at the end of the week probably as zinc and copper are still pending.
Large blood panel looks completely normal, ferritin is 85, hemoglobin 14.8 and ceruloplasmin still hovering at low 0.15 (ref: 0.20-0.40)
I got diagnosed with zinc-induced copper deficiency in april, so 4 months ago. I supplemented with MitoSynergy and copper bisglycinate at 4-8mg/d constistently. Did not budge my copper at all sadly. I still have copper deficiency symptoms.

I have a consultation with Morley Robbins this Friday, discussing the persistent low ceruloplasmin and what to do next. He said that he had many clients with persistent low Cp without Wilson disease and got it corrected, so I am excited to speak to the man directly.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I think the persistent low ceruloplasmin has to do with my impaired liver functioning and Morley suggested so too. (We‘ve emailed many times)

Ah and before I forget: I am still having pretty good results with high dose thiamin HCL (2 x 1g) for stimulating bile flow + soluble fiber (beans) for binding up bile in the GI tract.

I am also using 1000mcg of methylcobalamin (B12) sublingually bc I don‘t have any good B12 source in my diet at the moment.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update! It seems like you are making decent progress.

PeskyPeater

It definitely increases bile secretion, which to me indicates that it is helpful.
I do have concerns tho regarding my thiamine status with the regular coffee consumption. I intentionally switched from white rice to whole grain rice and beans, not only for the added soluble fiber but also to increase thiamine intake, but I tend to drink coffee with most meals, except those after the afternoon. EONutrition, Dr. Lonsdale and the other thiamine experts say that compounds in coffee strongly bind up thiamine, basically making it unavailable.
Dr. Smith says that it is advisable to avoid coffee, polyphenol-rich foods and sulfur-rich foods in meals to improve thiamine status.
about thiamine and coffee https://www.researchgate.net/public...en_dependence_and_inhibition_by_ascorbic_acid

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Interesting. I do not tolerate ascorbic acid well tho unfortunately.

I space my thiamine HCL from the coffee and meals in general and typically take it on an empty stomach like @mostlylurking does.

I have noticed that I don‘t crave coffee much at all lately when I upped my B1 again.
I still have 1-2 cups in the morning and that‘s it. I feel like I won‘t crave it at all in the near future somehow. Before that I was drinking 6-8 espressos a day, spread across the day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals