Sinatra‘s Notebook

PeskyPeater

Don't want to alarm you too much but..

Psyllium husk is not oke. Dr Peat said in scratches the intestines, can release serotonin.

NAC feeds into the methionine pathway, sparing it and cysteine, which are antithyroid

Prunes contain much sorbitol, that can improve stools but it reduces absorption of fructose and can cause bloating. While it is the chlorogenic acid in prunes that is actually so good, like coffee, is anti inflammatory for the gut and dopaminergic, retains electron transport chain function.

PeskyPeater

Interesting. I do not tolerate ascorbic acid well tho unfortunately.
Oh no I would not take the ascorbic acid, that is not really vitamin C and comes with contaminants from the factory that can be allergenic.

No just vitamine C from broccolli, brussel sprouts or fruits of course

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Don't want to alarm you too much but..

Psyllium husk is not oke. Dr Peat said in scratches the intestines, can release serotonin.

NAC feeds into the methionine pathway, sparing it and cysteine, which are antithyroid

Prunes contain much sorbitol, that can improve stools but it reduces absorption of fructose and can cause bloating. While it is the chlorogenic acid in prunes that is actually so good, like coffee, is anti inflammatory for the gut and dopaminergic, retains electron transport chain function.
I stopped psyllium husk because I eat beans and well-cooked oats and don‘t need any additional fiber.

I had pretty good experience with it though, when I grinded them into a very fine powder. Made it much more gentle on the GI tract.

I also don‘t use NAC anymore because it makes me completely anhedonic. I‘ve read that it blunts dopaminergic and adrenergic activity. People on reddit reported that NAC completely annihilated the effects of Adderall and stimulants in general, so not something desirable.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Oh no I would not take the ascorbic acid, that is not really vitamin C and comes with contaminants from the factory that can be allergenic.

No just vitamine C from broccolli, brussel sprouts or fruits of course
Yeah I eat kiwi‘s, broccoli, currants and so on. 👍🏼

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It‘s been a while… so here is a quick update!

Latest blood work:

Serum copper: 77μg/dl (Ref: 70-140ug/dl)
Ceruloplasmin: 15mg/dl (Ref: 20-40mg/dl) L
Zinc: 121μg/dl (Ref: 60-120ug/dl) E
Ferritin: 85 μg/L (Ref: 25-250μg)
Hemoglobin: 14.8g/dl (Ref: 13.8 to 17.2g/dl)

So my serum copper finally got up from the mid 50s to at least the bottom of the reference range after almost 4 months of taking 6-8mg of copper bisglycinate + one month of taking 2-4 mg of cuprous nicotinic acid. (Mitosynergy)
I was suprised that my zinc only came down 20 points in almost 5 months where I consciously avoided red meat (zinc-rich) and all zinc supplements. This supports the case reports I‘ve read on zinc-induced copper deficiency, that zinc is excreted slowly and the normalization can take up to 6-12 months.
I am a bit disappointed that my ceruloplasmin did not go up, tho.

I completely switched to Mitosynergy‘s cuprous nicotinic acid as this is the form where I feel the best resolution of symptoms (neuropathy, balance/gait/ataxia issues, paleness, greying of hair, dry skin, low adrenaline)
Copper-bisglycinate chelate does not really achieve that fullness of effects and it messes with my gallbladder/digestive function.

On 2mg of cuprous nicotinic acid in the morning, I feel absolutely no symptoms of copper deficiency and the crazy thing is that it lately normalized my gallbladder function. I took literally no other supplements in the last 2-3 weeks except it.

I literally crave fatty foods so much and ate like 100g+ of fats per day from olive oil, salmon, fatty chicken and good amount of nuts. Before that, even moderate amounts of fats (like 1 tbsp) added to a meal would cause me a gallbladder attack.
My gallbladder pain is gone and my poop is normally colored again plus I poop quality stool 3-4 times a day.
So happy that my fat malabsorption and gallbladder is improving so so much.

Energy up, mood is lifted, outlook on life so much better.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It‘s been a while… so here is a quick update!

Latest blood work:

Serum copper: 77μg/dl (Ref: 70-140ug/dl)
Ceruloplasmin: 15mg/dl (Ref: 20-40mg/dl) L
Zinc: 121μg/dl (Ref: 60-120ug/dl) E
Ferritin: 85 μg/L (Ref: 25-250μg)
Hemoglobin: 14.8g/dl (Ref: 13.8 to 17.2g/dl)

So my serum copper finally got up from the mid 50s to at least the bottom of the reference range after almost 4 months of taking 6-8mg of copper bisglycinate + one month of taking 2-4 mg of cuprous nicotinic acid. (Mitosynergy)
I was suprised that my zinc only came down 20 points in almost 5 months where I consciously avoided red meat (zinc-rich) and all zinc supplements. This supports the case reports I‘ve read on zinc-induced copper deficiency, that zinc is excreted slowly and the normalization can take up to 6-12 months.
I am a bit disappointed that my ceruloplasmin did not go up, tho.

I completely switched to Mitosynergy‘s cuprous nicotinic acid as this is the form where I feel the best resolution of symptoms (neuropathy, balance/gait/ataxia issues, paleness, greying of hair, dry skin, low adrenaline)
Copper-bisglycinate chelate does not really achieve that fullness of effects and it messes with my gallbladder/digestive function.

On 2mg of cuprous nicotinic acid in the morning, I feel absolutely no symptoms of copper deficiency and the crazy thing is that it lately normalized my gallbladder function. I took literally no other supplements in the last 2-3 weeks except it.

I literally crave fatty foods so much and ate like 100g+ of fats per day from olive oil, salmon, fatty chicken and good amount of nuts. Before that, even moderate amounts of fats (like 1 tbsp) added to a meal would cause me a gallbladder attack.
My gallbladder pain is gone and my poop is normally colored again plus I poop quality stool 3-4 times a day.
So happy that my fat malabsorption and gallbladder is improving so so much.

Energy up, mood is lifted, outlook on life so much better.
Great update! Thank you

aniciete

1. 400g of rice - weighed uncooked (rotating between basmati, jasmine, sushi and brown rice)
Which rice do you find most easily digested? Lately I switched from basmati to Jasmine and I feel like it digests much faster. A fatty ribeye, rice and mushrooms is absolutely delicious. I’ve been eating this multiple times a day the last couple days.

Vanset

Which rice do you find most easily digested? Lately I switched from basmati to Jasmine and I feel like it digests much faster. A fatty ribeye, rice and mushrooms is absolutely delicious. I’ve been eating this multiple times a day the last couple days.
Jasmine will be digested quicker because of higher amylopectin to amylose ratio. Basmati rice has more amylose which takes longer to digest and therefore is lower GI than jasmine.

Basmati is better for people with blood sugar issues, but jasmine is easier on digestion. Less potential for fermentation etc.

aniciete

Jasmine will be digested quicker because of higher amylopectin to amylose ratio. Basmati rice has more amylose which takes longer to digest and therefore is lower GI than jasmine.

Basmati is better for people with blood sugar issues, but jasmine is easier on digestion. Less potential for fermentation etc.
I didn’t know that, thanks for the info. I assume sushi rice is similar to Jasmine because I also digest it a lot faster.

Vanset

I didn’t know that, thanks for the info. I assume sushi rice is similar to Jasmine because I also digest it a lot faster.
Yes. Sushi rice and glutinous rice are the easiest to digest, but tbh I felt odd on them. I could definitely feel the insulin hit from them which I can't say for jasmine or basmati. It manifested as sleepy feeling in eyes, tiredness, brain fog.

My rice of choice is basmati, but that's just because I prefer the texture.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I definitely digest jasmine rice the best. But I definitely feel a different kind of surge of blood sugar when eating it consistently in comparison to basmati.

+ I can easily eat 200g of jasmine rice while 100g basmati rice (uncooked weight) in one meal seems to make me feel pretty full.

If I‘d be a bodybuilder or high-carbohydrate demanded athlete then I‘d use jasmine rice. :D

PeskyPeater

I definitely digest jasmine rice the best. But I definitely feel a different kind of surge of blood sugar when eating it consistently in comparison to basmati.

+ I can easily eat 200g of jasmine rice while 100g basmati rice (uncooked weight) in one meal seems to make me feel pretty full.

If I‘d be a bodybuilder or high-carbohydrate demanded athlete then I‘d use jasmine rice. :D
But jasmine rice is yet another long grain rice. the shorter the grain the less amylose and stickier.

The short grain rice that are highest in amylopectin:
best are the japanese sushi, indonesian ketan or pulut from sumatra, Italian arborio rice for risotto, but not the medium-short Bahia, Senia and Bomba.

Pro-tip: do not cook the rice together with fats, for it results in more resistant starch having formed, just like the cooking and cooling process. So never reheat the left overs. And the sushi rolls should always be made fresh and served warm.
Add butter right before serving, it can help to prevent persorption of starch granules (in the case of some are under cooked)

PeskyPeater

I stopped psyllium husk because I eat beans and well-cooked oats and don‘t need any additional fiber.
I find oats to have considerable amounts of PUFA and tend to increase SCFA like other cereals. Which have some pesky overlapping effects on the gut health.
I had pretty good experience with it though, when I grinded them into a very fine powder. Made it much more gentle on the GI tract.
Nice that worked out, alas the soluble fiber that may improve gut motility is driven by it's serotonin and water attracting effects, dr Peat is not fond of that.
I also don‘t use NAC anymore because it makes me completely anhedonic. I‘ve read that it blunts dopaminergic and adrenergic activity. People on reddit reported that NAC completely annihilated the effects of Adderall and stimulants in general, so not something desirable.
aha, that could be from the NAC affecting the glutamate transporter function in the brain, reducing the transmit rates of processes, reducing cognitive performance. That's probably why it made me feel so darn sleepy lol.

Interestingly NAC seems to have been used successfully for cocaine addicts to restore the glutamic function by the chronic blockade of the reuptake of serotonin and dopamine. "NAC reverses the disruption of glutamate homeostasis caused by long-term cocaine use restoring function of the cystine-glutamate exchanger in glial cells and reversing the downregulated GLT-1 receptor. link "

Another danger of using uptake transporter blocking drugs (ssri), they have effect on downstream systems that dont even operate with transporters. Im still trying to figure that out to improve PSSD

Vanset

What do you cook your jasmine rice in? It just sticks to everything. So annoying. I was thinking about getting a pot with ceramic coating, but apparently that's toxic too. Stainless steel is only good for meat or soups imo. Everything else sticks to it.

InChristAlone

I just soak the pan after making rice, makes it easy to clean.

Sitaruîm

What do you cook your jasmine rice in? It just sticks to everything. So annoying. I was thinking about getting a pot with ceramic coating, but apparently that's toxic too. Stainless steel is only good for meat or soups imo. Everything else sticks to it.
One way to stop rice from sticking is to cook it with extra water and straining it as opposed to using the exact amount of water it needs

Vanset

One way to stop rice from sticking is to cook it with extra water and straining it as opposed to using the exact amount of water it needs
Yeah this is exactly what I'm gonna go from now on. Even bought myself a pot with a strainer lid.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

It‘s been a while — roughly one month or so since updating you, ladies and gentlemen.

I‘ve been very busy with work and life in general and it‘s been pretty stressful to me. I had weeks of bad luck where my car broke down, accidentally left my electronic devices in my pants washing them in the laundry, had to work extra hours as a majority of my team at work was missing due to infectious diseas and illness. I was the „Last Man Standing“ so to speak and now all that is catching up with me and I am laying in bed, being sick with the common cold.

I honestly enjoy the bliss of just resting and sleeping at the moment.

Diet wise I changed up substantially. A month or two ago (or so) I noticed that my bile flow is way better when I include a good amount of dietary fat into my diet, especially extra-virgin olive-oil.
Digestion, stool quality improved dramatically. Gallbladder pain subsided and I felt pretty relieved of that constant gallbladder tension.

But I noticed that increasing dietary fats worsens my carbohydrate tolerance and makes me feel pretty damn sluggish after eating and that would last for 2-3h after esting a meal.

So I tried cutting back on the starches and only left some fruits as desert after meals and tried that. Still felt not so good on that, so I cutted out all the carbohydrates basically and ate predominantly non-starchy vegetables and meats, with additional mineral water, coffee, seasonings.

Brain fog lifted, fatigue improved significantly, vision improved a ton (finally feeling like switching from 360p to 1080p on YouTube) and my memory and verbal fluency is better. Digestion good, mood good.

Not saying this will be the template forever, but for now, it feels right.

Here is an example of what I ate today for lunch.
Not shown: A big portion of well-cooked broccoli mixed into it.

561254C1-94BE-43CE-8AB2-20470C502CD1.jpeg

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I reintroduced carbohydrates and reduced fats again, because I felt excessively stressed from eating that little carbohydrates.

But all that time I noticed that I got very constipated and my gut did not move at all basically. Loaded up on magnesium, but that felt bad and just lead to weird stool.

Took 500mg thiamine HCL and my gastroparesis resolved in an hour and had 2-3 bowel movements that day. B1 works like magic for the gut somehow. Also heavily reliefs my gallbladder tension and promotes bile flow.

Last sunday, I got to the ER with the ambulance because I had a hypertensive crisis (>180/100 mmHg) with tachycardia (> 120 bpm HR) and neurological symptoms such as balance issues, tingling in hands, seeing my pulse in my eyes, blurry vision and extremely marbled skin, due to lack of oxygenation.

In the ER they gave me IV ebrantil, drew blood for tests and monitored me for 8h until they were confident to send me home. Blood pressure settled to around 120/70.

I now have an emergency medication called „Nitro Spray“ which you take sublingually and it powerfully lowers blood pressure acutely.

I will get an 24h blood pressure monitoring tomorrow, on wednesday, and will consult with my GP to alter my medication.

What happened on sunday?
Well, I took a big dose of lactoferrin on an empty stomach and I think it caused a hell of a bile dump, and caused stored retinol to leak into the blood stream.
My bilirubin, ALT, cholinesterase, lactate, CO2, were mildly elevated on blood tests and I had gallbladder tension while in the ER.

I am wondering which medication might blunt the effects of hypervitaminosis A. Calcium channel blockers?

The 80mg telmisartan isn‘t doing much for my BP unfortunately. The IV medication worked pretty well in the ER, and I think it‘s mechanism of work is similar to a beta blocker. I will ask my doctor about trying nebivolol or something with my telmisartan, experimentally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals