Shill me best elimination diets for identifying allergens

Sam321

Thinking insomnia could be a result of allergic responses and inflammation. Trying to figure out the best approach at pairing down allergens.
Thoughts?

boris

Thinking insomnia could be a result of allergic responses and inflammation. Trying to figure out the best approach at pairing down allergens.
Thoughts?
I would remove vegetables/roots/tubers/leaves/mushrooms first. They can be very tricky. Even a vegetable that you normally tolerate can cause problems if it isn't perfectly grown. I tolerate a sweet carrot very well, but if the carrot is slightly bitter I get disturbed sleep with intense night sweats and acne flare ups when the carrot moves in the intestine.

Another problem for me are juices made with enzymes. Certain orange juices with dissolved pulp, apple juice, grape juice...

Old liver is another one causing problems, I suppose it's from endotoxin or oxidized vitamins. Sometimes it's hard to identify an old liver, sometimes you recognize it immediately from the dark spots, but it can still smell good and look good if it's bad. When the liver is sticky to the touch it's often bad.

Last edited:
OP
Sam321

Sam321

I would remove vegetables/roots/tubers/leaves/mushrooms first. They can be very tricky. Even a vegetable that you normally tolerate can cause problems if it isn't perfectly grown. I tolerate a sweet carrot very well, but if the carrot is slightly bitter I get disturbed sleep with intense night sweats and acne flare ups when the carrot moves in the intestine.

Another problem for me are juices made with enzymes. Certain orange juices with dissolved pulp, apple juice, grape juice...

Old liver is another one causing problems, I suppose it's from endotoxin or oxidized vitamins. Sometimes it's hard to identify an old liver, sometimes you recognize it immediately from the dark spots, but it can still smell good and look good if it's bad. When the liver is sticky to the touch it's often bad.
Good points. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ray was saying just start with a milk diet and go from there... but what if milk is the problem? lol.

boris

Good points. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ray was saying just start with a milk diet and go from there... but what if milk is the problem? lol.

Same as the juices and vegetables applies to the milk. A cow that eats something bad can create bad milk. I would focus on finding a good juice or fruit and milk that you tolerate + parmiggiano reggiano + meat/fish and go from there. If milk is a big problem it could be a thyroid issue that's limiting the ability to digest it (low stomach acid causing bacterial infection and subsequent loss off enzymes).

I started my last elimination diet with juice, parmiggiano reggiano and meat.

nikotrope

I have so many intolerances (almost everything with soluble fiber) I had to go carnivore for a short time (fresh ruminant meat only). Then I added back dairy products and sourdough bread which seem fine to me. I still have doubts about possible fructose malabsorption but plan to switch bread for juice and honey in the near future.

It's definitely not an easy transition. You can go for meat and some simple carbs and tapered down carbs over a few days to make it easier.

Red meat and water. Add honey and go from there. Grains, nightshades, nuts, eggs, shellfish, and dairy (cow dairy for the most part) tends to be the most problematic. Keep in mind that fruits which are not ripe can cause problems.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Red meat and water. Add honey and go from there. Grains, nightshades, nuts, eggs, shellfish, and dairy (cow dairy for the most part) tends to be the most problematic. Keep in mind that fruits which are not ripe can cause problems.
That’s what I did for a year and it really helped. I sometimes go back to it for a few days periodically if I reintroduce something that doesn’t agree with me just to get back to baseline rapidly.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

Same as the juices and vegetables applies to the milk. A cow that eats something bad can create bad milk. I would focus on finding a good juice or fruit and milk that you tolerate + parmiggiano reggiano + meat/fish and go from there. If milk is a big problem it could be a thyroid issue that's limiting the ability to digest it (low stomach acid causing bacterial infection and subsequent loss off enzymes).

I started my last elimination diet with juice, parmiggiano reggiano and meat.
I def have bacterial infection. Methane sibo. T4/T3 doesn't raise my temp and pulse either. I think liver is overburdened and cant convert t4 to t3. If I take a large amount of t3 I can get my temp and pulse up for a little bit...

boris

@Sam321 I don't have a quote right now, but I think Peat and Danny talked about how a bacterial infection can keep thyroid supplements from working properly and suggested an antibiotics course.

LUH 3417

Sis, I was being serious. Wait until you’re actually hungry and see what your body finds repulsive and what it could handle. Your stomach with either growl or feel full depending on your food. Use a little imagination ?

OP
Sam321

Sam321

@Sam321 I don't have a quote right now, but I think Peat and Danny talked about how a bacterial infection can keep thyroid supplements from working properly and suggested an antibiotics course.
Yeah I went that route. Thats what got me into that mess. That is how my insomnia started. Penecillin for 2 weeks.
Even went with Neomycin. ***t didn't work and now I have permanent ringing in my ears.

Wondering if just a lot of T3 would do the trick or supporting your liver really well on t4/t3.

YourUniverse

Years ago I went to a naturopath, and he recommended an elimination diet which was basically just basmati rice. I think anything you know for sure that does not cause an allergic response would be fine. The Kempner diet of white rice and sugar comes to mind (sounds like an endotoxin nightmare though).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I read of one years ago that was lamb, white rice and pears.

OP
Sam321

Sam321

I am a prime example of stress over a period of time causing all sorts of issues not had a year or so ago. Such as insomnia, sibo, and maybe food allergies.
One can only take so much bull s h i t before the body falls apart. Lockdown wiped me out.

mostlylurking

Thoughts?
The first doctor who helped me with food sensitivities put me on a very strict diet which he described as "The If It Tastes Good, Spit It Out" diet. It was an extremely strict no carb diet that also excluded everything I tested sensitive to on the Alcat food sensitivity test. That was back in 1994. The diet was part of the detox protocol he put me on so I wouldn't die from organo-phosphate poisoning. I think it was helpful because I'm still here.

This diet did NOT solve my multiple food sensitivities and I continued to have high inflammation and insomnia problems. I stumbled along for years with SIBO, leaky gut, gut disbiosis. Last year I got very sick after taking some Bactrim antibiotic for an infection. I researched and learned that Bactrim blocks thiamine function. I started taking thiamine hcl a year ago. I slowly increased the dose over 3 months and wound up taking 2 grams of thiamine hcl daily, along with some magnesium and a good b-complex supplement. Guess what? The high dose thiamine hcl and magnesium healed my gut! My food allergies/sensitivities and my high inflammation are pretty much gone now.

Multiple food sensitivities/food allergies (and high inflammation) are caused by leaky gut. Leaky gut is when partially digested food molecules get into your blood stream where your body reacts to it like it's a foreign invader. It is important to avoid these foods at least for a while. The Alcat test is helpful for learning which foods these are. link: Identify Food Sensitivities with the Best Food Sensitivity Test - Get Results! | Cell Science Systems

The key to getting well was healing my gut. Healing leaky gut resolves food sensitivities. For me, high dose thiamine hcl and magnesium did the job. I've been taking 2 grams/day of thiamine hcl for 8 months. I no longer have high inflammation and I'm sleeping great. It is important to take the thiamine no later than 3:00pm; if you do that, it improves sleep. If you take it later in the day, it can cause sleep disturbances.

Insomnia can be caused by your liver not being able to store enough glycogen to maintain your blood sugar through the night. Thiamine is needed for good liver function. Thiamine deficiency can impair the liver's ability to do its jobs.

Lactic acid causes inflammation. Thiamine clears lactic acid and keeps it from being formed as the end product of faulty metabolism.

You will read a lot of posts here extolling the benefits of tweaking your gut bacteria with antibiotics. It has been my personal experience that antibiotics can make things a whole lot worse because they kill off the gut bacteria which make b vitamins and many antibiotics block thiamine function which is vital for many body functions including oxidative metabolism.

Oh, and eat carrot salad! Everyday!! It helps a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals