Everything Messes Me Up

Mhtro

So I recently got diagnosed with Chrons disease, I had severe inflammation blood and all that jazz.
I did a moderate keto and I ameam trying to re introduce food but;

When I eat cakes, bread or anything made out of flour I get swollen up, in my lips like a botched lip surgery or even my eyes and I get grumpy. I did some intense thinking so I thought it was gluten, I'm doing gluten free eating and so far no swollen lips however I am still grumpy and get angry at anything and I have fog.

Milk gets me the grumpiest of all and makes everything crack 10x (like when you crack your fingers), so I did lactose free but it's still the same. I guess the lactose isn't the issue(I am aware that lactose free isn't lactose free it has lactose enzymes to ease digestion).

When I eat fruits especially Bananas I get foggy or intense gas.

Any opinions? I cannot live only eating meat, I've come to hate it but when I was doing just that I felt the best I had my entire life
I've been thinking of fasting but not aware how long or how I should go about jt

Sofia

You might get bebetter results combining Ray's ideas with refeeding theory , user kelj wrote about it.

M

metabolizm

That's a tough situation. I'm in a similar boat, in that most foods don't agree with me, although I can get away with most fruit. What about oranges and tropical fruits and juices? You also didn't mention eggs, cheese, seafood?

Zpol

The Specific Carbohydrate Diet is great for inflammatory bowel disease. Stage 1 uses grape juice as the primary carb. I wouldn't follow the whole diet, just eliminate starches, gums, additives, etc. You can try over-ripe bananas, they might work for you. Also soaked dates are a great high carb source. Also, perhaps get your vit D checked, that can get depleted with gut issues especially autoimmune.

Definitely search for @Kelj posts, this forum member has some great tips.

ivy

So I recently got diagnosed with Chrons disease, I had severe inflammation blood and all that jazz.

When I eat cakes, bread or anything made out of flour I get swollen up, in my lips like a botched lip surgery or even my eyes and I get grumpy. I did some intense thinking so I thought it was gluten, I'm doing gluten free eating and so far no swollen lips however I am still grumpy and get angry at anything and I have fog.

Milk gets me the grumpiest of all and makes everything crack 10x (like when you crack your fingers), so I did lactose free but it's still the same. I guess the lactose isn't the issue(I am aware that lactose free isn't lactose free it has lactose enzymes to ease digestion).

Any opinions? I cannot live only eating meat, I've come to hate it but when I was doing just that I felt the best I had my entire life
I've been thinking of fasting but not aware how long or how I should go about jt

I would recommend you investigate FODMAPS.

biggirlkisss

D is big for ibs if you can increase D not a fan of supple-mention I can handle lots more foods and my ibs is a lot better.

Runenight201

Try breaking out of the current dietary scheme you're doing. I see any gut issue as demonstrating that the set of foods being consumed are inappropriate and causing problems. This doesn't mean that any single component is wrong, but that the sum of all the foods is wrong. Certain foods may never be correct, while others are just incorrect given the combination with the other foods and the current state of affairs within the body. If you cook your own foods, try experimenting with different cuisines from different cultures prepared from different hands. With each meal, be vigilant to how the food is interacting with your body, and take things into consideration such as taste, texture, digestibility, and satiety. A knock out dish is one that tastes great, digests great, and leaves you perfectly full. In my own opinion this is usually some combination of protein (requiring at least some type of animal source, but could also include legumes/vegetables as well), fat, and carbohydrate.

Nnanuu

Why are you messing around with your diet if you are diagnosed with crohns?
You think implementing a ray peat inspired diet will get rid of crohns?
Forget diet. Treat your illness.
You have to figure out the root cause.
Probably fungal origin.
Get on some protocol.
You are not the first person in the world who has crohns disease.
Good luck!

mrchibbs

Have you tried cyproheptadine? Ray just this month on One Radio Network reiterated its use in the case of intestinal irritation/inflammation.
Any food with fermentable fibers gets eaten by bacteria and they produce toxins which cause release of serotonin into the platelets.
Cypro deals with all of this, and prevents the allergy-like reaction (I too experienced swollen lips/mouth from irritating foods)
(being an anti-histamine, anti-serotonin compound) For many people, it solves their digestive issues.

At the core, stress-induced hypothyroidism is causing all of this by lowering the efficiency of the digestion process and deenergizing
the bowels.

To put things in perspective, you're not alone in getting inflammation, there is a reason why Ray avoids all of the foods you mentioned.
Bananas are allergenic for a lot of people, so they're one of the worst example. Ripe fruits typically don't give bad symptoms, but ripe fruits are
almost like unicorns, they seldom exist in the northern hemisphere. Cooked or canned fruits are a safe alternative.
I eat a lot of canned peaches and applesauce. No adverse symptoms whatsoever.

Milk is problematic for many, many, many people on here. I've solved my issues with it, by reintroducing it very slowly, and finding a better brand.
Many seem to feel better when warming the milk, and taking it with honey. Making a hot cocoa with it is an option I like very much.

Tarmander

I would shift your focus from your diet to your environment. Look into EMF, Mold, Dust, chemicals...get your environment to super clean...then do another 2 weeks of research and get it even more clean

When you are down to just meat and can't eat anything else, you only have a few options really. Antibiotics is one. Changing your environment is another

Check out shoemaker's protocol

Check out different protocols for MCS

I've been thinking of fasting but not aware of how long or how I should go about jt
You are clearly mineral deficient and are not making enough enzymes. I see a lot of people end up on a carnivore diet for this very reason. Some of them I worked as clients and they now tolerate carbs & it was a challenge for them so it can take some time and patience. Please remember it is not the food it is your LIVER.

zarrin77

Please, please try niacin. Regular or time released flushing kind. Not niacinamide, and not inositol hexanicotinate. Doctor’s best makes a good time released one.

Until the damage in your colon heals (from the Crohn’s), you will continue to have intestinal permeability and many foods will cuase issues. While you can definitely limit problematic foods, that should not be your first focus. Your first focus should be on reducing the inflammation of the colon and allowing it to heal. Once your colon heals, you will be able to tolerate many more foods.

Effect of Niacin on Inflammation and Angiogenesis in a Murine Model of Ulcerative Colitis

Niacin ameliorates ulcerative colitis via prostaglandin D2‐mediated D prostanoid receptor 1 activation
^^
“stimulating pro‐inflammatory cytokine secretion of macrophages, respectively. Niacin treatment improved vascular permeability, reduced apoptotic epithelial cells, promoted epithelial cell update, and suppressed pro‐inflammatory gene expression of macrophages. Moreover, treatment with niacin‐containing retention enema effectively promoted UC clinical remission and mucosal healing in patients with moderately active disease.”

Niacin activates the same receptor that butyrate activates (GPR109A), and is PROFOUNDLY anti-inflammatory for the colon.

After trying multiple pharmaceuticals, my best friend cured his Crohn’s and U.C (he had both) with time released niacin after I begged him to try it:

I’m currently creating an online course for Crohn’s disease. Obviously, there is a lot more to it than niacin, but that supplement is the most important to start with. (High dose white willow bark is the next most important [NOT aspirin, that will reduce the effect of niacin]). Here is an exerp:

“I’ve witnessed one of my best friends struggle with both Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis flair-ups and symptoms in grad school firsthand. He ended up losing 30 lbs in a short period of time and had such profuse bleeding that he would pass blood and puss uncontrollably without warning. He would be in so much abdominal pain that he would lie curled up on the bathroom floor, have perfuse night sweats, and run to the bathroom every 3-15 min. When he finally found a medication to treat his symptoms, his insurance didn't cover it and it was $1,200 a month (3 weeks later he found a diff brand in the same family for $150 / month, which was still quite a bit of money). Because of all this, he started fighting depression, and he thought he would never be normal again. He thought he might even lose his life.”

“Luckily, my best friend happened to be one of the first beta-testers of the earliest version of this course. Through implementing just some of the information that I will outline for you, he was able to achieve *complete* remission in less than two months and has stayed virtually symptom-free since Fall of 2017.”

My course isn’t finished yet and isn’t for sale yet. In the meantime, please try time-released niaicn and then after a few weeks, add in white willow bark 15% salicin.

OP
M

Mhtro

Please, please try niacin. Regular or time released flushing kind. Not niacinamide, and not inositol hexanicotinate. Doctor’s best makes a good time released one.

Until the damage in your colon heals (from the Crohn’s), you will continue to have intestinal permeability and many foods will cuase issues. While you can definitely limit problematic foods, that should not be your first focus. Your first focus should be on reducing the inflammation of the colon and allowing it to heal. Once your colon heals, you will be able to tolerate many more foods.

Effect of Niacin on Inflammation and Angiogenesis in a Murine Model of Ulcerative Colitis

Niacin ameliorates ulcerative colitis via prostaglandin D2‐mediated D prostanoid receptor 1 activation
^^
“stimulating pro‐inflammatory cytokine secretion of macrophages, respectively. Niacin treatment improved vascular permeability, reduced apoptotic epithelial cells, promoted epithelial cell update, and suppressed pro‐inflammatory gene expression of macrophages. Moreover, treatment with niacin‐containing retention enema effectively promoted UC clinical remission and mucosal healing in patients with moderately active disease.”

Niacin activates the same receptor that butyrate activates (GPR109A), and is PROFOUNDLY anti-inflammatory for the colon.

After trying multiple pharmaceuticals, my best friend cured his Crohn’s and U.C (he had both) with time released niacin after I begged him to try it:

I’m currently creating an online course for Crohn’s disease. Obviously, there is a lot more to it than niacin, but that supplement is the most important to start with. (High dose white willow bark is the next most important [NOT aspirin, that will reduce the effect of niacin]). Here is an exerp:

“I’ve witnessed one of my best friends struggle with both Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis flair-ups and symptoms in grad school firsthand. He ended up losing 30 lbs in a short period of time and had such profuse bleeding that he would pass blood and puss uncontrollably without warning. He would be in so much abdominal pain that he would lie curled up on the bathroom floor, have perfuse night sweats, and run to the bathroom every 3-15 min. When he finally found a medication to treat his symptoms, his insurance didn't cover it and it was $1,200 a month (3 weeks later he found a diff brand in the same family for $150 / month, which was still quite a bit of money). Because of all this, he started fighting depression, and he thought he would never be normal again. He thought he might even lose his life.”

“Luckily, my best friend happened to be one of the first beta-testers of the earliest version of this course. Through implementing just some of the information that I will outline for you, he was able to achieve *complete* remission in less than two months and has stayed virtually symptom-free since Fall of 2017.”

My course isn’t finished yet and isn’t for sale yet. In the meantime, please try time-released niaicn and then after a few weeks, add in white willow bark 15% salicin.
Thanks, I ordered Niacin, I got regular one and I got the flushing so hopefully, it's the one I was aiming for. Will do daily testing for 1-2 weeks and see.

You are clearly mineral deficient and are not making enough enzymes. I see a lot of people end up on a carnivore diet for this very reason. Some of them I worked as clients and they now tolerate carbs & it was a challenge for them so it can take some time and patience. Please remember it is not the food it is your LIVER.
What can I do to combat this? I cant grow my own food since I live in a city, would mineral vitamins do the trick?
I had tablets that ease with digestion before that contained enzymes and they did wonders so this might be it.

I would shift your focus from your diet to your environment. Look into EMF, Mold, Dust, chemicals...get your environment to super clean...then do another 2 weeks of research and get it even more clean

When you are down to just meat and can't eat anything else, you only have a few options really. Antibiotics is one. Changing your environment is another

Check out shoemaker's protocol

Check out different protocols for MCS
I keep my house and room clean, although I do get my room dirty I am not much of a clean freak. Should I do hardcore cleaning? There is no mold or anything like that in my house

Tarmander

Thanks, I ordered Niacin, I got regular one and I got the flushing so hopefully, it's the one I was aiming for. Will do daily testing for 1-2 weeks and see.

What can I do to combat this? I cant grow my own food since I live in a city, would mineral vitamins do the trick?
I had tablets that ease with digestion before that contained enzymes and they did wonders so this might be it.

I keep my house and room clean, although I do get my room dirty I am not much of a clean freak. Should I do hardcore cleaning? There is no mold or anything like that in my house
If you haven't read up on Mold, check out this link: Mold | Travis Burch

It is good to really make sure you don't have it

You can also listen to this podcast, episodes 7-9 to learn about EMF radiation: www.quaxpodcast.com

When I say get your environment clean...I don't so much mean dirt, but chemicals, endocrine disruptors, EMF, that kind of thing. The other recommendations about niacin are good