Shill me best elimination diets for identifying allergens

OP
Sam321

Sam321

i did 600mg of b1 and literally started to smell like a b vitamin lool
The first doctor who helped me with food sensitivities put me on a very strict diet which he described as "The If It Tastes Good, Spit It Out" diet. It was an extremely strict no carb diet that also excluded everything I tested sensitive to on the Alcat food sensitivity test. That was back in 1994. The diet was part of the detox protocol he put me on so I wouldn't die from organo-phosphate poisoning. I think it was helpful because I'm still here.

This diet did NOT solve my multiple food sensitivities and I continued to have high inflammation and insomnia problems. I stumbled along for years with SIBO, leaky gut, gut disbiosis. Last year I got very sick after taking some Bactrim antibiotic for an infection. I researched and learned that Bactrim blocks thiamine function. I started taking thiamine hcl a year ago. I slowly increased the dose over 3 months and wound up taking 2 grams of thiamine hcl daily, along with some magnesium and a good b-complex supplement. Guess what? The high dose thiamine hcl and magnesium healed my gut! My food allergies/sensitivities and my high inflammation are pretty much gone now.

Multiple food sensitivities/food allergies (and high inflammation) are caused by leaky gut. Leaky gut is when partially digested food molecules get into your blood stream where your body reacts to it like it's a foreign invader. It is important to avoid these foods at least for a while. The Alcat test is helpful for learning which foods these are. link: Identify Food Sensitivities with the Best Food Sensitivity Test - Get Results! | Cell Science Systems

The key to getting well was healing my gut. Healing leaky gut resolves food sensitivities. For me, high dose thiamine hcl and magnesium did the job. I've been taking 2 grams/day of thiamine hcl for 8 months. I no longer have high inflammation and I'm sleeping great. It is important to take the thiamine no later than 3:00pm; if you do that, it improves sleep. If you take it later in the day, it can cause sleep disturbances.

Insomnia can be caused by your liver not being able to store enough glycogen to maintain your blood sugar through the night. Thiamine is needed for good liver function. Thiamine deficiency can impair the liver's ability to do its jobs.

Lactic acid causes inflammation. Thiamine clears lactic acid and keeps it from being formed as the end product of faulty metabolism.

You will read a lot of posts here extolling the benefits of tweaking your gut bacteria with antibiotics. It has been my personal experience that antibiotics can make things a whole lot worse because they kill off the gut bacteria which make b vitamins and many antibiotics block thiamine function which is vital for many body functions including oxidative metabolism.

Oh, and eat carrot salad! Everyday!! It helps a lot.

mostlylurking

i did 600mg of b1 and literally started to smell like a b vitamin lool
I'd like to suggest reading the article I posted. Your history you posted about taking multiple antibiotics point to a likely thiamine functional blockage.

Last year, when I had the antibiotic induced thiamine functional blockage, I also experienced a blockage in my body's ability to utilize T3. I had taken 3 grains (180mg) of natural desiccated thyroid (prescription via endocrinologist) for at least 6 years. The doctor had to lower my medication twice because my T3 level had gone through the roof to dangerously high while at the same time, I experienced severe hypothyroid symptoms including below normal temperature and severe inflammation.

Both thyroid AND thiamine are required for oxidative metabolism.

OccamzRazer

Thinking insomnia could be a result of allergic responses and inflammation. Trying to figure out the best approach at pairing down allergens.
Thoughts?
Homemade bone broth fast, then a few days zero-carb carnivore.

No, it won't make your thyroid gland spontaneously combust. Just refeed on some raw honey afterward :)

boris

I did. Over 6 months. Started at half a grain.

That amount was way too much for me. I only had success when I started with around 3mcg of T3 and 6mcg of T4, that's about the 1/8th of a cynoplus that Peat recommends as a starting dose (looking at the amount of T3). Also paying attention to getting enough nutrients for the thyroid to work. Magnesium, liver, oysters, b vitamins.

laleto12

h
I'd like to suggest reading the article I posted. Your history you posted about taking multiple antibiotics point to a likely thiamine functional blockage.

Last year, when I had the antibiotic induced thiamine functional blockage, I also experienced a blockage in my body's ability to utilize T3. I had taken 3 grains (180mg) of natural desiccated thyroid (prescription via endocrinologist) for at least 6 years. The doctor had to lower my medication twice because my T3 level had gone through the roof to dangerously high while at the same time, I experienced severe hypothyroid symptoms including below normal temperature and severe inflammation.

Both thyroid AND thiamine are required for oxidative metabolism.
how do youtake thiamine!
throughout the day? doses etc. thanks

mostlylurking

h

how do youtake thiamine!
throughout the day? doses etc. thanks
I take 1 gram of thiamine hcl in the morning and 1 gram of it around 3:00-4:00pm. If I forget to take it in the afternoon, I skip the dose because if I take it in the evening it messes with my sleep I think by lowering my blood sugar, then I wake up and have to have some milk with maple syrup and gelatin in order to get back to sleep. I put the pure powder in plain water and drink it down. It's an acquired taste. I try to space it 1 hour before or after sweet things. Also coffee and tea. But I just gave up coffee and tea entirely.

I spent 3 months slowly increasing my dose. I didn't just start taking 2 grams a day on my own. If you are working with a doctor who is familiar with high dose thiamine and possible side effects, you might do that but I did this on my own.

Last edited:

laleto12

I take 1 gram of thiamine hcl in the morning and 1 gram of it around 3:00-4:00pm. If I forget to take it in the afternoon, I skip the dose because if I take it in the evening it messes with my sleep I think by lowering my blood sugar, then I wake up and have to have some milk with maple syrup and gelatin in order to get back to sleep. I put the pure powder in plain water and drink it down. It's an acquired taste. I try to space it 1 hour before or after sweet things. Also coffee and tea. But I just gave up coffee and tea entirely.

I spent 3 months slowly increasing my dose. I didn't just start taking 2 grams a day on my own. If you are working with a doctor who is familiar with high dose thiamine and possible side effects, you might do that but I did this on my own.
do you take it on your own?
or with meals?
and do you take thiamine hcl + b complex at the same time? please elaborate a little bit. Thank you.

Jerkboy

Rice, meat, fish. With some well cooked vegetables. Soups also possible.

mostlylurking

do you take it on your own?
or with meals?
and do you take thiamine hcl + b complex at the same time? please elaborate a little bit. Thank you.
I take the thiamine hcl in water by itself around 10:00am. Before that, around 8:00am, I take:
a b-complex capsule
my thyroid med (135mg)
about 90mg niacinamide
about 90mg riboflavin
about 20-25mg biotin
about 600mg magnesium glycinate
about 600mg pregnenolone
with 12 oz orange juice and a cup of mint tea with some sugar, cream, and 11 grams of hydrolized gelatin when I get up in the morning.

If I feel the need, I also drink 1 gram of aspirin dissolved in water in the microwave.

I wait an hour, then have about 20oz 1%organic milk with maple syrup (for the manganese) and gelatin. I wait this long because I've learned that, at least for me, having a calcium food closer to my thyroid med blocks the thyroid med. see here: Hypothyroidism: Can calcium supplements interfere with treatment? This became a problem for me when my thiamine function became blocked about a year ago.

Around 9:00am, I take 10,000iu vitamin D3 sublingually, 4mg vitamin k2 sublingually, plus 4 drops of vitamin A transdermally (=5X the amount I'm trying to get absorbed).

I wait another hour after the milk and take the thiamine hcl around 10:00am.

I have the second dose of thiamine hcl in the afternoon by itself dissolved in water.

Around 9:00 pm I take about 40mg progesterone.

I also take 90mg niacinamide and 600mg magnesium glycinate in orange juice around 10:00pm, along with 1 gram of aspirin dissolved in water in the microwave.

I'm providing this because you asked. The above is what I have found that works for me. This list is certainly not recommended for anyone else; this is what seems to work best for my body chemistry. My body chemistry has been made more complicated due to heavy metal toxicity. As people age, they accumulate more and more heavy metals.

mostlylurking

Thinking insomnia could be a result of allergic responses and inflammation. Trying to figure out the best approach at pairing down allergens.
Thoughts?
I found a video I'd like to offer for your consideration. Insomnia is mentioned as well as inflammation. I think that allergic responses are exacerbated by increased inflammation.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals