Sex Hormones Labs In Need Of Some Guidance Please :)

OP
Cecilia L.

Cecilia L.

It's a methyl donor. A lot of people in the alternative medicine world swear by it for joint and muscle support. I was taking 3g/day for the past few weeks, but I've decided to drop it down to 500mg-1g/day based off of info generated by NutraHacker from my genetic raw data file.

I've got hetero C677T and A1298G and homo MTRR. I'm still working with the data tweaking stuff here and there trying to optimize my health. I've got fast COMT enzymes and suspect I have fast MAO enzymes so I need to support the methionine/homocysteine pathway with the methylated b9/b12, but I need to slow down the COMT and MAO I feel to increase my neurotransmitters INCLUDING serotonin. That's why I'm dropping down my MSM supplementation. NutraHacker suggested avoiding methyl donors (except b9/b12) to support a couple VDR polymorphisms I have and I realized it should help slow down the COMT and MAO as an added benefit.

So basically my suggestion to you was to drop the methyl sponge niacin/niacinamide and increase methyl groups with the Jarrow "B-Right" (good for your C677T polymorphism) and some MSM in hopes that it supports your liver to detox more of the excess estrogen. :2cents:

Thank you so much .. yes that is my suspicions my liver is as sluggish as can be :( -- i do not drink any alcohol - never been a drinker of alcohol either and i still cant have a good functioning liver! I ordered the Jarrow B - waiting for that to come in!
What could my hands falling asleep at night time mean? does that ring a bell to anything?

I cant lose a single pound and my entire body is now full of cellulite / bumps everywhere .. Grew up slim and defined and now i want even get in a decent shape.. i am committed to my health, i am very cautions, i dont overdo anything, but it does not show on the outside at all! Its frustrating!

marcar72

What could my hands falling asleep at night time mean? does that ring a bell to anything?

I've had that happen a couple times and both times it seemed like high dose b12 resolved the issue. Could be low potassium causing it as well I would think. I'm a "secretor" with a couple polymorphisms negatively affecting b12, and I also work in a factory in southern AZ so I tend to sweat a lot. That all adds up to me needing extra b12 supplementation and potassium as well because of the losses through sweat. :2cents:

OP
Cecilia L.

Cecilia L.

I've had that happen a couple times and both times it seemed like high dose b12 resolved the issue. Could be low potassium causing it as well I would think. I'm a "secretor" with a couple polymorphisms negatively affecting b12, and I also work in a factory in southern AZ so I tend to sweat a lot. That all adds up to me needing extra b12 supplementation and potassium as well because of the losses through sweat. :2cents:

Again Thank you! I am suspecting potassium for sure -- i do not get the 5,000mgs daily recommendation at all... do you have to supplement? whats a fav supplement .. I jsut added coconut water to my daily drink and i feel that could help me some :)

marcar72

i do not get the 5,000mgs daily recommendation at all... do you have to supplement? whats a fav supplement ..

Well for the most part I try to get the potassium through food, and I probably do hit the RDA with just that. I did buy some Carlyle Potassium Chloride powder a couple of months ago and have used some. I also bought some Now Foods Potassium Citrate powder and have been mostly using that to top off my levels nowadays. :2cents:

OP
Cecilia L.

Cecilia L.

Well for the most part I try to get the potassium through food, and I probably do hit the RDA with just that. I did buy some Carlyle Potassium Chloride powder a couple of months ago and have used some. I also bought some Now Foods Potassium Citrate powder and have been mostly using that to top off my levels nowadays. :2cents:

yes for sure get it from food but I prob need a little more daily to get to the needed goal. ;)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals