Sedation from Cynoplus?

I'm.No.One

I just started using small amounts of Cynoplus yesterday, 1/4 of a tablet each morning.

The first day I thought maybe it was unrelated, but it hit me again this afternoon.

It's almost like I feel sedated to the point of sleepiness, but I don't physically feel tired?

Thought it might be a drop in blood sugar but if anything I'm over eating daily for my size (2500-3000 calories daily) & there's plenty of carbs in those numbers.

Prior to taking Cynoplus I actually had gotten to the point I have decent stamina throughout the day.

Was hopeful this would give my body a the last little push it needed to recover from burn out (I've come a long way already!)as ideal labs thyromix does nothing for me.

Anyone experience this? Have an idea why thyroid would make me sleepy versus energetic?

I'll also note it feels like my motivation is zapped & that I'll for sure not continue this until I figure out what's going on.

sweetpeat

Could be too high of a starting dose. Peat recommends an eighth of a tablet to start.
If you have low daytime cortisol issues, it helps to start low and go slow with thyroid.
Another thing to try as you experiment might be the timing of the dose. Some people feel best taking thyroid in the evening or even before bed.

Beastmode

Thyroid (T3) made me take a 2-3 hour nap each day for the first week after taking my morning dose with breakfast.

I never really napped before that, but I also didn't know how much of my energy/motivation was driven from a stressed state, until I started T3.

I took too much most likely and eventually "dialed in" my dose to an appropriate range.

Though mine was with T3, I know others who had a similar experience with T3/T4 combo,

Might be worth keeping track of your morning temps and pulse to see what the thyroid dose is doing to them. Also, consider T3 alone, as many have issues converting T4 to T3 which can create energy challenges.

I only take it at night before bed, cynoplus, as it definitely improves my overall sleep quite consistently.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Could be too high of a starting dose. Peat recommends an eighth of a tablet to start.
If you have low daytime cortisol issues, it helps to start low and go slow with thyroid.
Another thing to try as you experiment might be the timing of the dose. Some people feel best taking thyroid in the evening or even before bed.
Crazy because the first day I took 1/8 maybe even a little less.

Thankfully I know my cortisol levels are good (something I've been working on for two years now) as I just got testing back not to long ago & did a happy dance when it was perfect as I had been severely flipped.

Thyroid (T3) made me take a 2-3 hour nap each day for the first week after taking my morning dose with breakfast.

I never really napped before that, but I also didn't know how much of my energy/motivation was driven from a stressed state, until I started T3.
A year ago I would have thought it was this but I've done a pretty good job of regulating my stress/pushing down serotonin/monitoring my cortisol.

I'll also say it's only been in the last 2 months that my energy has returned once I address my low T as a woman, so it for sure felt more like an crash than it did lowering of stress hormones.
I took too much most likely and eventually "dialed in" my dose to an appropriate range.

Though mine was with T3, I know others who had a similar experience with T3/T4 combo,

Might be worth keeping track of your morning temps and pulse to see what the thyroid dose is doing to them. Also, consider T3 alone, as many have issues converting T4 to T3 which can create energy challenges.
I did see a bump in temps but only like .1 .2 of a difference. The other day I had some black tea (stepping into caffeine very very slowly) & my temps shot up almost to 99. I'll look into the t3 only.
I only take it at night before bed, cynoplus, as it definitely improves my overall sleep quite consistently.
I'll start taking super tiny amounts before bed & see how that goes, although I already sleep great so I think I'll probably have to gauge how I feel the next day more so than quality of sleep.

Thank you both for replying, glad to know it wasn't just me!

Beastmode

Crazy because the first day I took 1/8 maybe even a little less.

Thankfully I know my cortisol levels are good (something I've been working on for two years now) as I just got testing back not to long ago & did a happy dance when it was perfect as I had been severely flipped.

A year ago I would have thought it was this but I've done a pretty good job of regulating my stress/pushing down serotonin/monitoring my cortisol.

I'll also say it's only been in the last 2 months that my energy has returned once I address my low T as a woman, so it for sure felt more like an crash than it did lowering of stress hormones.

I did see a bump in temps but only like .1 .2 of a difference. The other day I had some black tea (stepping into caffeine very very slowly) & my temps shot up almost to 99. I'll look into the t3 only.

I'll start taking super tiny amounts before bed & see how that goes, although I already sleep great so I think I'll probably have to gauge how I feel the next day more so than quality of sleep.

Thank you both for replying, glad to know it wasn't just me!
I forgot to ask your gender. Knowing this now, I definitely suggest playing with T3 more than T3/T4. As you probably know, women tend to have a harder time converting T4 to T3 compared to men.

supercoolguy

I took 1/2 tab of CynoPlus for a few days and experienced malaise. Backed away for awhile then started over. Cynomel 1/4 tab was fine. Then I included Cplus 1/4 tab ever third day. Much better. I find it hard to split a 1/4tab into 1/8. It pisses me off, Thats when i decided to go Every Other day or 3rd day with Cplus. T3 by itself feels more predictable & pleasant to me.

I need more info on how rT3 values play out in a +/- reaction to the flux of our biology.

As I understand it. Getting that TSH as low a possible would reap favorable results. Theres going to be some TSH, but .5 or less is what ive learned via RP interviews.

Last edited:
OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Isn't it just the lowering of stress hormones?
I think it can be this if the person is already slammed with cortisol/serotonin etc.

That's not my case though as it's something I've been working on for a long while/monitor often.

For me it genuinely felt like sedation/killing motivation/almost distressing, versus the calming/focused thoughts/safe feeling that can come from lowering stress hormones (for me anyhow/probably just described dopamine).

I switched to NDT from life giving store until I can get some pure T3 when mexipharm restocks.

So far on the NDT I feel upbeat & motivated.

Birdie

I take 45mg of natural thyroid (has T3 & T4) at bedtime to help sleep. Ray recommended it to help sleep through the night by keeping the PTH low. I also take some in the morning. And I take bits of T3 about 3 times a day.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals