Recommendations For Anemia/low Iron?

I know peat is against iron supplementation largely.

the doctor may insist on iron though with these recent labs.

HGB (anemia test): 13.0 Low
HCT (anemia test): 37.6 Low

what's some other ways to bring these numbers up? already very sick so I don't want to poison myself with iron

tankasnowgod

I know peat is against iron supplementation largely.

the doctor may insist on iron though with these recent labs.

HGB (anemia test): 13.0 Low
HCT (anemia test): 37.6 Low

what's some other ways to bring these numbers up? already very sick so I don't want to poison myself with iron

Well, first off, both Hemoglobin and Hematocrit appear to be in most normal lab ranges, though on the low end (for what lab ranges are worth). I actually just donated blood today, and a HGB level of 13.0 would not disqualify you from donation.

While both are iron related numbers, neither is a direct measure of iron stores. If you wanted more information, you could demand a full iron panel, including TSAT and Ferritin.

Folate, B6, and B12 are all involved in making Hemoglobin. When I was getting de-ironed, I used a B Complex and an Iron Free Multivitiamin to boost Hemoglobin while Ferritin was steadily falling. It worked rather well for me.

Desiccated Liver could be another option, as would simply eating more red meat.

OP
energyandstruct
Well, first off, both Hemoglobin and Hematocrit appear to be in most normal lab ranges, though on the low end (for what lab ranges are worth). I actually just donated blood today, and a HGB level of 13.0 would not disqualify you from donation.

While both are iron related numbers, neither is a direct measure of iron stores. If you wanted more information, you could demand a full iron panel, including TSAT and Ferritin.

Folate, B6, and B12 are all involved in making Hemoglobin. When I was getting de-ironed, I used a B Complex and an Iron Free Multivitiamin to boost Hemoglobin while Ferritin was steadily falling. It worked rather well for me.

i got ferritin done back in march and it was slightly on the low end but not very low. don't have the labs in front of me but that was remarked on, as was my small red blood cells?

OP
energyandstruct

i can eat some more red meat. have a psychological barrier to eating liver, since i grew up vegetarian, organ meats are the hardest to adjust to eating. thought that desiccated liver pills don't really match it, may try to make frozen liver pieces that i swallow like pills?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals