Ray Peat On Sex And Relationships

If you deconstruct the truth of a corrupt prison system, why are we assuming that the corruption is bad? Why are we assuming that what will be next is any better? To change that system, we must have values on what makes a system better, and we can throw out justice, healthy living, lack of torture because those are all truth constructions as well. Divorce, along with abortion, murder, theft, all may be good or bad depending on circumstances, and we cannot judge before hand. Even after the fact, we can deconstruct any seeming truth that emerges that would give a value of good or bad in either way.

Reading this, I asked myself "Who would ever consider things like murder and theft good?" And what came to mind was someone who is trying to manipulate the lives of others. Of course, you solidified that initial thought with your conclusion.

Once you tear all these truth constructs down, you are left with the thing that post modernists really want...which is power. All that is left is power.

Great post.

managing

Reading this, I asked myself "Who would ever consider things like murder and theft good?" And what came to mind was someone who is trying to manipulate the lives of others. Of course, you solidified that initial thought with your conclusion.

Great post.
A strong person recognizes that murder and theft are choices . . . and doesn't choose them. Those who insist that murder and theft are bad, and they (the person) is good, therefore they could never do a terrible thing . . . is a candidate for rationalizing an atrocity.

sladerunner69

How many times do I have to email Ray Peat: "what genre of pron is the best for my metabolism?" Before I actually get a response...

Last edited:

Badger

I think this is a splendid, inspiring statement, thanks for sharing Ms. Alywest.

I, for one, would like to apologize to everyone on this forum for continuing to allow myself to get carried away in a battle of wills moreso than a battle of the sexes.

@kyle m ~I want to say one thing to you and then I am officially done. Please don't send back some scathing dissection of every word I say and why they're wrong. This is as honest as I can be with you right now and it's not a debate or argument.

Throughout our "conversation" I have made a lot of assumptions about you, and I realize that I was being a bit hypocritical. For instance, I assumed you were not a PhD. I also would assume that you have a subservient mother who weighed on you hand and foot, coddling you and always letting you have your way. For all I know you had a terrible mom who wasn't there, or that she died. The point is, I don't know you at all. The only thing I think I know is that you are a white male and perhaps a few of your beliefs and I jumped to conclusions accordingly. I don't appreciate the way you relayed some of your opinions, but that doesn't mean that I had to make assumptions about you, and for that I am deeply sorry. I truly hope that you find whatever it is you're searching for in this life. Peace out!

PS i'm also sorry for saying you were being a prick. that was uncalled for.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

How many times do I have to email Ray Peat: "what genre of pron is the best for my metabolism?" Before I actually get a response...
Well, the hardcore interracial incest variety seems to be trending at this time.

Maybe you should ask him about his personal tastes.

The future that feminists want lol

I see you beat me to the punch.

No...he doesn't. Have you read ALL of Ray's articles? Or are you just making an................unfounded sweeping statement?
18170211_BG1.jpg

Kyle M

I don't get what point you're trying to make. Or is this an inside joke?

That was the cover photo of an article trending online a few days ago, about the woman learning to "accept and love my body as perfect." Basically the fat woman decided her body is perfect, like her husbands, who didn't "judge" her and loved her body. Ok fine, but two thoughts:

1) I wonder if she would be so "accepting" and "loving" and find his body "perfect" if he got fat like her, instead of being ripped af, especially if she went out of her way to slim down, and he stopped trying.

2) If that exact same article was written in the reverse, with a super model wife and a fat husband, and the guy was accepting and loving himself, do you think the reaction online would be the same? Or would it be "reeeeeee patriarchy, woman has to be thin and man can be fat and disgusting reeeeeeeee" "patriarchy confirmed!!!!" etc.?

sweetpeat

That was the cover photo of an article trending online a few days ago, about the woman learning to "accept and love my body as perfect." Basically the fat woman decided her body is perfect, like her husbands, who didn't "judge" her and loved her body. Ok fine, but two thoughts:

1) I wonder if she would be so "accepting" and "loving" and find his body "perfect" if he got fat like her, instead of being ripped af, especially if she went out of her way to slim down, and he stopped trying.

2) If that exact same article was written in the reverse, with a super model wife and a fat husband, and the guy was accepting and loving himself, do you think the reaction online would be the same? Or would it be "reeeeeee patriarchy, woman has to be thin and man can be fat and disgusting reeeeeeeee" "patriarchy confirmed!!!!" etc.?

Ok, thanks for explaining. Addressing your thoughts:

1) I hope not. Societal pressure for males to achieve a perfect physique seems to be catching up to women though. And I've read that the number of males being diagnosed with eating disorders is growing. Or do you think the pressure has always been there, but it gets more attention as a “women's issue?” Either way, realizing your partner values you mainly for your outward appearance is... painful.

2) Maybe. Or maybe they would say something like “What did he do to end up with her? Lucky dog!” Or “Why is she with that slob?” Those are the kind of comments I more typically hear in a situation like that.

Tarmander

Great post.
Thanks!

A strong person recognizes that murder and theft are choices . . . and doesn't choose them. Those who insist that murder and theft are bad, and they (the person) is good, therefore they could never do a terrible thing . . . is a candidate for rationalizing an atrocity.

Couldn't you/PM make the other argument? A strong person is really someone who does not balk at doing what is needed, even if it is murder or theft. We make our own values, and why not get what I want all the time?

Thanks!

Couldn't you/PM make the other argument? A strong person is really someone who does not balk at doing what is needed, even if it is murder or theft. We make our own values, and why not get what I want all the time?

Perhaps more importantly: why is a post-modernist using adjectives that render judgment ("strong")? I thought PM was about deconstructing values.

The way you are using "strong" -- it's just a substitute for "good".

(I'm quoting Tarmander in the interest of conversational flow, but this is directed at Managing.)

Kyle M

Ok, thanks for explaining. Addressing your thoughts:

1) I hope not. Societal pressure for males to achieve a perfect physique seems to be catching up to women though. And I've read that the number of males being diagnosed with eating disorders is growing. Or do you think the pressure has always been there, but it gets more attention as a “women's issue?” Either way, realizing your partner values you mainly for your outward appearance is... painful.

Both sexes have always valued outward appearance as it is the best/easiest way to judge reproductive fitness. Well it's the best way to judge it in females, in males their ability to deliver resources is a very good determinant. So it makes perfect sense that women would be more concerned with their appearance than men, and that society would be set up that way. Modern feminists want to have their cake and be fat eating cake too, they want to be able to do their "slut walks" and dress however they want and not be looked down upon for being totally shallow and shopping all day and only caring about shoes and clothes, then on the flip side they don't want to be judged if they completely let their bodies go. They want all of the benefits of being "hot" and "provocative" without the social costs, and then they want none of the negatives of "not being hot." It's hypocritical. Men, for what it's worth, are more even keeled about it and if they want the benefits of being hot, they work out and try to look good, and if they are hugely obese with horrible skin etc. they don't wail and gnash their teeth when women find them unattractive for it.

managing

Thanks!

No. I couldn't.

managing

Perhaps more importantly: why is a post-modernist using adjectives that render judgment ("strong")? I thought PM was about deconstructing values.

The way you are using "strong" -- it's just a substitute for "good".

(I'm quoting Tarmander in the interest of conversational flow, but this is directed at Managing.)
Deconstructing is an act of bringing meaning to. If it were an act of rendering meaningless, post modernists would be mute. My use of "strong" absolutely could be deconstructed. But that wouldn't render it meaningless.

managing

Both sexes have always valued outward appearance as it is the best/easiest way to judge reproductive fitness. Well it's the best way to judge it in females, in males their ability to deliver resources is a very good determinant. So it makes perfect sense that women would be more concerned with their appearance than men, and that society would be set up that way. Modern feminists want to have their cake and be fat eating cake too, they want to be able to do their "slut walks" and dress however they want and not be looked down upon for being totally shallow and shopping all day and only caring about shoes and clothes, then on the flip side they don't want to be judged if they completely let their bodies go. They want all of the benefits of being "hot" and "provocative" without the social costs, and then they want none of the negatives of "not being hot." It's hypocritical. Men, for what it's worth, are more even keeled about it and if they want the benefits of being hot, they work out and try to look good, and if they are hugely obese with horrible skin etc. they don't wail and gnash their teeth when women find them unattractive for it.
Yeah. ********, man.

Kyle M

Yeah. ********, man.

Why don't we just agree to stop interacting on the forum? Your posts are of no value to me, I think you are a pseudo-intellect hack with no redeeming qualities. Snark, your primary attribute, is not a redeeming quality in my eyes.

managing

Why don't we just agree to stop interacting on the forum? Your posts are of no value to me, I think you are a pseudo-intellect hack with no redeeming qualities. Snark, your primary attribute, is not a redeeming quality in my eyes.
Have a blessed day Kyle M.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals