Ray Peat Intersectional Feminist Facebook Group

BibleBeliever

Right, because "they" are all the same, and you can judge someone purely based on one aspect of their appearance.
There are patterns seen amongst them, that cause people to form these general opinions.
It is the same with women with cover themselves in tattoos or unending piercings.
The stereotypes form because common patterns are seen by others and generally agreed upon.
It is not absolute, but there is a premise to it.

That is one of the many downsides of democracy and the extreme individualism touted; forming any stereotype is seen as offensive, when in fact it is usually very helpful and accurate.

InChristAlone

Meh, I was part of a RP FB group that I had contributed to for many years. I never got into tangles, but I noticed over time how many of the women that had started the feminist group were quick to trigger, condescending, and extremely aggressive to normal guys sharing their personal ideas.

It was concerning that there was a strong double standard with some women (and a couple male apologists), often collectively, allowed to be very nasty while men would be banned for much less. For the women, their actions were always justified. I warned that the group was edging into censoring free speech while endorsing divisive ideologies, but the group think was too strong. Ironically, it felt "unsafe" and only a matter of time until I felt I would be jumped on so I left.
Nathan, which group are we talking about? Were you in the women's group? The ray peat inspired group is mostly run by me and Bella right now. Bella I believe is a feminist. There are also members of the group who get triggered easily and then I get messages asking why such and such hasn't been banned yet. So far we haven't banned anyone in a long time because I feel like everyone is free to say what they want as long as they aren't being abusive. So the group has gotten better. It is hard running a 3000 member group.

keith

There are patterns seen amongst them, that cause people to form these general opinions.
It is the same with women with cover themselves in tattoos or unending piercings.
The stereotypes form because common patterns are seen by others and generally agreed upon.
It is not absolute, but there is a premise to it.

That is one of the many downsides of democracy and the extreme individualism touted; forming any stereotype is seen as offensive, when in fact it is usually very helpful and accurate.

So you have statistics that show women who have colored hair are usually mentally ill? Or did you just read an article by some dude who hates women with colored hair, and decide it was ok to prejudge an entire group of people without any more information than the color of their hair?

InChristAlone

I had pink hair when I was a senior. I was on an SSRI at the time. But I would never judge it to be something exposing mental illness.

Kyle M

You really shouldn't make such a defamatory statement without giving proof. Being class conscious is not the same as being a Marxist.
It was in mind and tissue, a whole section at least talking about dialectic in just the way Hegel and later Marx did. Look, I don't know what Peat's personal politics are no one does. He is notoriously difficult to pin down on anything. I know what everyone else does, that he talks about libertarianism vs. authoritarianism these days, but also criticizes libertarians on the internet, whatever that means. He visited the USSR numerous times through Mexico when that was highly unusual, he had the CIA after him about his college in Mexico, and he wrote like a Marxist in the 70s. If that doesn't suggest he was some kind of Marxism/communist at least in the 60s/70s I don't know what does. Having the CIA on you wasn't like it is today, where everyone is surveilled by the deep state, back then it meant you had probably visited USSR or were getting letters from a known member of the Communist Party etc.

There's nothing defamatory about describing the words in his books. Maybe you should try reading some more so I don't have to explain what libertarianism is or what Peat's dialectical writings are.

InChristAlone

"Loving Traditional Family"? As in, once the woman don't want to play mum and stay home and make their husband happy, then all hell breaks loose? From who's point of view is that .....

WOW.

I grew up in a family where my mum was the dominant force, even as the "stay at home mother". She was a director of a company, and ran the house, and was the boss parent and decision maker. My dad worked full time in his profession, and they had fairly traditional household roles. Mum cleaned and cooked, dad did some outdoor stuff. Mum did lawn mowing because she could see the lines in the lawn and they had to be straight.

I received a ***t tonne of love and happiness as a child, and my parents are still happily married.

I really don't like this anti-feminist thing. I think what people don't like is nasty people, whether women emotionally bashing men, or men physically bashing women.

I think the whole "sexual liberation" thing is less about openly exposing our vaginas proudly to the world, and more about women being physically and emotionally free to enjoy sex... Even in a long term relationship I feel guilt about my partner having to "work" for my pleasure, despite it being perfectly expected for women to **** worship and enjoy it.... Never mind the still huge gap in understanding on how to get a woman to reach climax, even by women...
Very well said!!! :+1

x-ray peat

There's nothing defamatory about describing the words in his books. Maybe you should try reading some more so I don't have to explain what libertarianism is or what Peat's dialectical writings are.
That is my point. You were not just describing the words in his book but were directly defaming Ray without one example to back it up.
Peat is also a notorious communist and believer in Hegelian/Marxist dialectic, one of his books is full of it I forget which title it was.
I've been reading through the Mind and Tissue book and what I see is an honest attempt to describe the political and literary influences on Soviet Psychology. Obviously Marx is going to play a large role in any book about the Soviet Union. That doesn't make him a Communist, nor do any of the other things you cited. So rather than pushing the claim that anyone who doesn't read Murray Rothbard must be an uniformed Communist, maybe you should try working on your reading comprehension.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

So you have statistics that show women who have colored hair are usually mentally ill? Or did you just read an article by some dude who hates women with colored hair, and decide it was ok to prejudge an entire group of people without any more information than the color of their hair?
I know plenty of guys who like women with colored hair; they find it attractive.

Maybe conservative guys weed out women based on tattoos, hair, piercings, purple lipstick, punk hairstyles, smoker lifestyle, etc. as the two would probably not be very compatible anyway. Some girls don't like beards, long hair, piercings, smokers, painted nails, certain dress styles (baggy jeans, fedoras etc.), while others prefer guys with any combination of those. It's more likely for a conservative girl to display a more minimal degree of the aforementioned decorations, so it saves a lot of turmoil, not to mention time on both ends to reference prototypes for dating.

Another example would be a women with a safety pin clipped to her chest, and a man with a "MAGA" hat. These two most likely don't uphold the same values, and their relationship would be destructive, or at the very least, combative unless they're both very tolerant and have other criteria for appreciating one another.

Kyle M

That is my point. You were not just describing the words in his book but were directly defaming Ray without one example to back it up.

I've been reading through the Mind and Tissue book and what I see is an honest attempt to describe the political and literary influences on Soviet Psychology. Obviously Marx is going to play a large role in any book about the Soviet Union. That doesn't make him a Communist, nor do any of the other things you cited. So rather than pushing the claim that anyone who doesn't read Murray Rothbard must be an uniformed Communist, maybe you should try working on your reading comprehension.

Why are you saying suggesting someone was a communist, or has sympathies in that area, is defaming? That means you think that thing is bad right? What if you found out it was true? Would you then dislike Peat? Or are you just using the word defame over and over again at me to try and make it look like I'm committing microaggressions lol?

Peat said his parents were anarchists in the 50s, as was he. Back then, there wasn't anarchocapitalism as there is now, Murray Rothbard hadn't invented it yet. Almost all anarchists were basically communists, as Marx himself said the final stage of communism was anarchy. There were also anarcho-syndacalists in the tradition of Kropotkin or Bakunin.

You believe what you like, it makes absolutely no difference to me whether Peat was or is a communist or sympathizer, because I don't have an emotional attachment to his opinions on everything under the sun. I acknowledge his brilliance in synthesizing a lot of biological science concepts, and I don't have to lionize or deify the guy for it. Hope that clears things up for you vis a vis this retarded conversation about defamatory pearl clutchy damsel nonsense.

Kyle M

"Loving Traditional Family"? As in, once the woman don't want to play mum and stay home and make their husband happy, then all hell breaks loose? From who's point of view is that .....

WOW.

I grew up in a family where my mum was the dominant force, even as the "stay at home mother". She was a director of a company, and ran the house, and was the boss parent and decision maker. My dad worked full time in his profession, and they had fairly traditional household roles. Mum cleaned and cooked, dad did some outdoor stuff. Mum did lawn mowing because she could see the lines in the lawn and they had to be straight.

I received a ***t tonne of love and happiness as a child, and my parents are still happily married.

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you trying to refute the "loving traditional family" narrative by saying you had a stay at home mother, working father, and were shown a lot of love as a kid, they are still married, and your childhood was great? Am I missing something? Or was it that your mom was a "dominant force" as a home maker? I don't see how anything you wrote does anything other than defend the benefits of a "loving traditional family."

walker_in_aus

Correct me if I am wrong, but are you trying to refute the "loving traditional family" narrative by saying you had a stay at home mother, working father, and were shown a lot of love as a kid, they are still married, and your childhood was great? Am I missing something? Or was it that your mom was a "dominant force" as a home maker? I don't see how anything you wrote does anything other than defend the benefits of a "loving traditional family."
Nope I should have clarified more. My mum is a raging feminist boss lady who wore the pants in every way, and I still had a happy traditional family.

Trying to say being a feminist does not mean death of happy family life.

InChristAlone

The traditional family would mean the wife is more submissive to her husband. So definitely not leader of the house. But you can still cook and clean and not be considered housewife.

x-ray peat

Why are you saying suggesting someone was a communist, or has sympathies in that area, is defaming? That means you think that thing is bad right? What if you found out it was true? Would you then dislike Peat? Or are you just using the word defame over and over again at me to try and make it look like I'm committing microaggressions lol?

Peat said his parents were anarchists in the 50s, as was he. Back then, there wasn't anarchocapitalism as there is now, Murray Rothbard hadn't invented it yet. Almost all anarchists were basically communists, as Marx himself said the final stage of communism was anarchy. There were also anarcho-syndacalists in the tradition of Kropotkin or Bakunin.

You believe what you like, it makes absolutely no difference to me whether Peat was or is a communist or sympathizer, because I don't have an emotional attachment to his opinions on everything under the sun. I acknowledge his brilliance in synthesizing a lot of biological science concepts, and I don't have to lionize or deify the guy for it. Hope that clears things up for you vis a vis this retarded conversation about defamatory pearl clutchy damsel nonsense.
You can call Ray whatever you want. I was only asking for some evidence as I had never heard anyone claim he was a communist, and of course I still haven't seen any evidence. Unfairly labeling someone as a Communist sympathizer is a bit dated.

You really shouldn't make such a defamatory statement without giving proof. Being class conscious is not the same as being a Marxist.
At least he doesn't make him out to be some kind of /pol/ack as others here do.

Kyle M

Nope I should have clarified more. My mum is a raging feminist boss lady who wore the pants in every way, and I still had a happy traditional family.

I'm sorry but there is nothing non-traditional about a woman who stays at home, takes care of the house, and bosses around the man when he gets home from work. That was the stereotype of the bossy housewife during the early days of television.

A modern feminist would call the situation you describe rank patriarchy. If you don't think so, go ahead and post what you wrote on Jezebel or everydayfeminism.com and see what they say about it.

InChristAlone

Didn't she say her Mom was a director of a company? Was that before she raised kids?

Kyle M

You can call Ray whatever you want. I was only asking for some evidence as I had never heard anyone claim he was a communist, and of course I still haven't seen any evidence. Unfairly labeling someone as a Communist sympathizer is a bit dated.
It's dated because he's old af and was making trips to USSR and starting renegade colleges in Mexico at the same time confirmed communists were doing that. He certainly couldn't have been described as an unlikely communist sympathizer. I'm trying to figure out what is unfair about this assessment, he wrote about Marxist dialectic as a positive literary force, traveled back and forth to USSR, what exactly would you want to know to suggest someone might have been a communist sympathizer? Their confession? That takes it past the point of "likely" doesn't it?

DaveFoster

This is what I thought of when I read your post:

Kyle M

Didn't she say her Mom was a director of a company? Was that before she raised kids?
If you were directing a company from home at the time she must have been doing it for walker_in_aus to be a child (pre-internet boom) then it must have been a smallish kind of thing. Before recently you couldn't direct a large venture as a stay-at-home mother unless you were given a thriving company to start with.

EVEN SO, modern feminists would call that patriarchy. Maybe you gals haven't been around a college campus or feminist website lately. I find that last generation's feminists are the most naive about the current generation's feminism, I think because they don't want to realize they are responsible for laying the ground work to such a horrible social phenomenon. Not unlike how baby boomers want to pretend like they didn't create the crappy situation that they criticize millennials for being in now due to their consistent voting to borrow against our time for their consumption.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals