Protection Against Neurodegeneration With Low-dose Methylene Blue And Near-infrared Light (

Discussion in 'Scientific Studies' started by you, Jun 8, 2015.

1. you

you Member

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4428125/

:!:

2. Peatit

Peatit Member

In this study, what they are referring to when they talk about low dose is pretty high compared to the dosage on which I came across on this forum (a few hundred µg/day):
    But it is a very interesting read, thank you² (thank you you :? :lol: )

3. jyb

jyb Member

There are quite a few studies involving Methylene Blue and red light combination. The MB is to make cells (or pathogens) more sensitive to light and die from the light exposure. Your own cells will take a hit too - but the weaker ones in diseased tissue will die. I don't think it's how Ray uses MB, which is to keep NO low and help all cells.

4. Stuart

Stuart Member

At the dose and for the purpose that Dr. Peat uses MB is transdermal administration effective? I would have thought a few micrograms would get through the skin easily.

5. Soren

Soren Member

I've posed the question in another thread if this could be a method to treat lyme disease:

Methylene Blue And Light For Lyme Disease/Parkinson's?

6. 2thecloudsabove

2thecloudsabove Member

The tiny doses some people use are ridiculous, on the mcg level. Im not saying to use the highest doses the studies suggest (even if proven safe), but I see 0.05mg/kg day pretty safe. I think the fear to serotonin syndrome because MB is totally unfounded, unless outrageously high doses or when concomitant taken with SSRI or other potent serotonergic drugs.