PMDD

Phiah

Hi all
I’m really hoping that someone can give me some advice regarding severe pmt, I’ll try and explain as briefly as possible.
For the last 6 years I have been suffering severe symptoms which start exactly 14 days before the first day of my period-these include low mood, irritability, weight gain, water retention, horrendous stomach cramps, hot sweats, painful boobs..the list goes on! I’ve seen several GP’s and tried everything that has been suggested, as well as this I’ve tried progest e, pregnenolone and being consistent with a thyroid supporting diet. Nothing has made a huge difference, initially thought pregnenolone was helping but just had the worst 2 weeks ever. I’ve now been referred to a gynaecologist for the second time and I know that they will offer exactly what they did 2 years ago which is zoladex injections with HRT and then after a few months a hysterectomy-none of these I want as I think I could be in a worse position than I am now but at this point I am desperate as I’m suffering for half the month every month and have recently lost my dad to cancer, which is hard enough to deal with mentally but during these 2 weeks it is near impossible and I’ve had to resort to using diazepam on my worst days as I feel I am on the brink of a breakdown.
Sorry for the longwinded post but can anyone please offer any advice??

lampofred

Are you exposed to any strong electric fields? Do you live near a cell tower, electrical box, large apartment complex, sleep next to a cell phone, etc.?

Have you ever tried methylene blue?

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Are you exposed to any strong electric fields? Do you live near a cell tower, electrical box, large apartment complex, sleep next to a cell phone, etc.?
I live in the countryside so no cell towers, but do use a mobile phone but have done for more than 10 years or so with no issues- these problems began when I went through a pretty crappy breakup exactly 6 years ago

lampofred

I live in the countryside so no cell towers, but do use a mobile phone but have done for more than 10 years or so with no issues- these problems began when I went through a pretty crappy breakup exactly 6 years ago

Oh ok. Did you move houses or have any problem with the AC unit in your house 6 years ago? Reason I'm asking is that I get similar high estrogen/high nitric oxide issues - feeling like I'm burning up - whenever I go a certain location. It's not something I'm doing, there is just something wrong with the area. It gets worse whenever I turn the AC on and shut the windows, it's an old unit and maybe the AC is releasing toxic gas that severely worsens estrogenic symptoms and increases nitric oxide.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Simple Newbie Guide To Peat's Work :

what's your diet, current supplements and lifestyle now ?
Generally diet is good, usual peaty stuff most of the time, tend to relax it a bit on weekends and do have a drink and rubbish food-no supplements but do take aspirin occasionally and have tried niacinamide, B6, progest e-absolutely nothing I’ve tried has made any difference at all

lampofred

Could also be positive ion build-up.

lampofred

What does that mean?

It's just a build-up of air pollution from factories, technology, too much civilization in general and a lack of natural flowing water. And one last possibility I can think of is, if you are drinking tap water or taking frequent showers, you could be absorbing the birth control, SSRI, and other chemicals in the government water

I've heard of a lot of people in the UK (especially in the London area) with similar issues which is why I keep trying to think of things that could be problematic in the environment, instead of dietary/lifestyle issues

OP
Phiah

Phiah

It's just a build-up of air pollution from factories, technology, too much civilization in general and a lack of natural flowing water. And one last possibility I can think of is, if you are drinking tap water or taking frequent showers, you could be absorbing the birth control, SSRI, and other chemicals in the government water

I've heard of a lot of people in the UK (especially in the London area) with similar issues which is why I keep trying to think of things that could be problematic in the environment, instead of dietary/lifestyle issues
Yeh I get all those factors, but I live in the countryside, get plenty of fresh air, don’t drink tap water apart from in coffee-very rarely go into the towns never mind the city-I’m just confused as to why it’s become so horrendous in the last 6 years. I don’t have a stressful job, in fact I haven’t worked for the last couple of years as I was caring for my dad before he passed away and am now caring for my mum. Where I live is really remote, hardly any houses and less than a mile from the canal where I daily walk my dog.
What I’m trying to decide is whether I should just have a hysterectomy-would that solve the problem or just create new ones?

Motif

Hi all
I’m really hoping that someone can give me some advice regarding severe pmt, I’ll try and explain as briefly as possible.
For the last 6 years I have been suffering severe symptoms which start exactly 14 days before the first day of my period-these include low mood, irritability, weight gain, water retention, horrendous stomach cramps, hot sweats, painful boobs..the list goes on! I’ve seen several GP’s and tried everything that has been suggested, as well as this I’ve tried progest e, pregnenolone and being consistent with a thyroid supporting diet. Nothing has made a huge difference, initially thought pregnenolone was helping but just had the worst 2 weeks ever. I’ve now been referred to a gynaecologist for the second time and I know that they will offer exactly what they did 2 years ago which is zoladex injections with HRT and then after a few months a hysterectomy-none of these I want as I think I could be in a worse position than I am now but at this point I am desperate as I’m suffering for half the month every month and have recently lost my dad to cancer, which is hard enough to deal with mentally but during these 2 weeks it is near impossible and I’ve had to resort to using diazepam on my worst days as I feel I am on the brink of a breakdown.
Sorry for the longwinded post but can anyone please offer any advice??

hi! Anything helped meanwhile ?

LUH 3417

Are you single? Katharina dalton says pms is worse for single women as they get older. the tension could be sexual tension related to lack of release, and emotional in nature. Can you see an acupuncturist?

OP
Phiah

Phiah

Are you single? Katharina dalton says pms is worse for single women as they get older. the tension could be sexual tension related to lack of release, and emotional in nature. Can you see an acupuncturist?
Yes I am but haven’t always been over the last 7 years, didn’t see a difference. I could see an acupuncturist..how does that help?

LUH 3417

Yes I am but haven’t always been over the last 7 years, didn’t see a difference. I could see an acupuncturist..how does that help?
There are acupoints that regulate hormones. You could look it up online if you don’t want to want to see someone just yet. In my personal experience it’s been very helpful with pms.

OP
Phiah

Phiah

There are acupoints that regulate hormones. You could look it up online if you don’t want to want to see someone just yet. In my personal experience it’s been very helpful with pms.
Oh brill-thanks will look into that

L_C

Yeh I get all those factors, but I live in the countryside, get plenty of fresh air, don’t drink tap water apart from in coffee-very rarely go into the towns never mind the city-I’m just confused as to why it’s become so horrendous in the last 6 years. I don’t have a stressful job, in fact I haven’t worked for the last couple of years as I was caring for my dad before he passed away and am now caring for my mum. Where I live is really remote, hardly any houses and less than a mile from the canal where I daily walk my dog.
What I’m trying to decide is whether I should just have a hysterectomy-would that solve the problem or just create new ones?
To be honest with you I find caring for someone type of jobs way stressful than normal jobs, especially if they are sick.

Personally, I would do a complete hormonal profile... include cortisol, serotonin, prolactin etc.
How long have you been on progesterone? It can take 6+ months to clear estrogen out of the body. What was the progesterone dose?

To me it just seems like you need to be on progesterone longer but blood work would help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals