Lifestyle and Supplement suggestions to help stabilize mood?

BalkanPeater

Hey guys, I deal with severe anger issues due to CPTSD. I’m currently taking Vraylar, Wellbutrin, Sertraline (more on the Sertraline later), Propranolol ER, Prazosin, and Clonidine. I feel stable on this up until I remove the Sertraline. I’ve tried to stop the Sertraline so I am more in line with Peat’s ideology, but I deal with mood swings and panic attacks when I try to. I’m also on TRT and Adex, (no HCG or Clomid, that ***t sucks.). I have stopped ingesting Fish oil pills after reading some of Haidut’s threads on PUFAs and mental illness. I supplement with B Vitamins, Niacinamide, Aspirin and MCT Oil.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, my ultimate goal is to stop taking Anastrozole and Sertraline. I think both of the meds are bad for me in the long term. The problem is, is that when I try to stop the Adex, I get E2 rebound and it seems like I aromatize easily. I’ve tried eating more carbs, and supplementing with what’s usually recommended around here to lower my estrogen, but it seems to not be helping. I am at a loss and am looking for some suggestions to get off these two Meds.

Thank you guys.

Peater

As you mentioned lifestyle i would love to know if you got any results from the trauma release exercises, there is a recent thread.

Greg says

Hey guys, I deal with severe anger issues due to CPTSD. I’m currently taking Vraylar, Wellbutrin, Sertraline (more on the Sertraline later), Propranolol ER, Prazosin, and Clonidine. I feel stable on this up until I remove the Sertraline. I’ve tried to stop the Sertraline so I am more in line with Peat’s ideology, but I deal with mood swings and panic attacks when I try to. I’m also on TRT and Adex, (no HCG or Clomid, that ***t sucks.). I have stopped ingesting Fish oil pills after reading some of Haidut’s threads on PUFAs and mental illness. I supplement with B Vitamins, Niacinamide, Aspirin and MCT Oil.

Now that I’ve got that out of the way, my ultimate goal is to stop taking Anastrozole and Sertraline. I think both of the meds are bad for me in the long term. The problem is, is that when I try to stop the Adex, I get E2 rebound and it seems like I aromatize easily. I’ve tried eating more carbs, and supplementing with what’s usually recommended around here to lower my estrogen, but it seems to not be helping. I am at a loss and am looking for some suggestions to get off these two Meds.

Thank you guys.
i too get intense anger/rage from cptsd, it’s a key aspect of emotional dysregulation from emotional flashbacks, which is at the heart of cptsd. I found the 4 part tutorial by Richard Grannon on his fortress mental health YouTube channel helpful for separating the real me and the dysregulated me. No amount of medication or diet will help unless you also reprogram your thoughts and get on top of your emotional flashbacks. You’ll understand that the rage outbursts are actually your brain trying to help and protect you albeit in a very primitive way. Don’t medicate away these feelings.

“One of the most difficult features of cPTSD is extreme susceptibility to painful emotional flashbacks. Emotional flashbacks are sudden and often prolonged regressions ('amygdala hijackings') to the frightening circumstances of childhood. They are typically experienced as intense and confusing episodes of fear and/or despair - or as sorrowful and/or enraged reactions to this fear and despair.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals