How much aspirin would you need a day to lower serotonin levels that were flagged high in your blood ?

pubh12

Forum Supporter
I’ve been taking things like aspirin 1000mg a day , now closer to 2000mg. I’ve tried cypro as well as 400mg riboflavin. I don’t know why my levels are so damn high still. Are these things not enough?

My doc is trialing me Octreotide. Will this be more efficient at cleaning up excess serotnin in the blood than the above mentioned. I’m having severe breathing and wheezing issues among others for over a year with no break. I’m hoping lowering serotonin will help but so far what I’ve tried has had no effect.

I’ve been doing the aspirin for a week or so. How much time would I need to make a significant decrease in serotonin?

Last edited:

GTW

Heads-up, for me higher dose aspirin causes wheezing asthmatic symptoms.
One man's meat is another man's poison

J.R.K

I’ve been taking things like aspirin 1000mg a day , now closer to 2000mg. I’ve tried cypro as well as 400mg riboflavin. I don’t know why my levels are so damn high still. Are these things not enough?

My doc is trialing me Octreotide. Will this be more efficient at cleaning up excess serotnin in the blood than the above mentioned. I’m having severe breathing and wheezing issues among others for over a year with no break. I’m hoping lowering serotonin will help but so far what I’ve tried has had no effect.

I’ve been doing the aspirin for a week or so. How much time would I need to make a significant decrease in serotonin?
Hello @pubh12! A few things come to mind that are more along the lines of the basics. Hopefully they are helpful!
Have you any digestive issues?
What is your salt appetite like?
Are you using anything such as carrot salad, or bamboo shoots to help clean up the gut?
Are you consuming a lot of foods high in tryptophan in your diet? If so are you balancing the tryptophan with collagen or gelatin?

OP
P

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Hello @pubh12! A few things come to mind that are more along the lines of the basics. Hopefully they are helpful!
Have you any digestive issues?
What is your salt appetite like?
Are you using anything such as carrot salad, or bamboo shoots to help clean up the gut?
Are you consuming a lot of foods high in tryptophan in your diet? If so are you balancing the tryptophan with collagen or gelatin?
I hve diarhhea all the time.

I crave salt frequently and I do get a good amount of it I think.

I don’t eat those things. What’s their purpose ?

I eat alot of muscle meat , is that high in tryptophan ?

Hans

Forum Supporter

90-95% of all serotonin is produced in the gut and any gut inflammation will increase this even more. If you want to lower circulating serotonin, you have to fix your gut issues. The best thing to do is to do a stool test to see exactly what's wrong for you. I like Biomesight and Gut Zoomer.

J.R.K

Low sodium releases serotonin from the platelets and activates the RAAS, the diarrhea is a symptom of high serotonin. My suggestion is to add salt to your food until your taste indicates that it is salty. This is your body’s way of telling you,”okay we have enough sodium now”. Carrot salad or bamboo shoots can have an antibiotic effect by helping keep the gut clean and lowering bacteria create endotoxin either through their death or excretion of LPS. If LPS is high you will thin the gut barrier due to the increase of serotonin and you will leak endotoxin into the bloodstream.
When you eat just the muscle meat it is unequally balanced and is high in tryptophan which is a precursor to 5HT to produce serotonin, using bone broth collagen or gelatin will help to balance out the tryptophan, even cooking the muscle meat with the bone or skin will help in this, choosing cuts will a high collagen content can be beneficial as well, think in terms of shanks, ox tail, ground beef these are cheaper cuts but have higher collagen and sinew content which is more balanced in terms of tryptophan.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals