Peat Diet Masking Viral Infections

Philomath

Hi all
Just went to Doctor for swollen lymph glands in neck. They've been this way for a few days now - large, noticeable but not sore. No other glands are swollen though. CBC labs came back normal as did a blood test for allergies. The Nurse practitioner was throwing out ideas on the phone with me today and mentioned MONO or possibly Toxoplasmosis (since I have a cat).
Problem is, besides the swollen cervical glands, I have no other discernable symptoms. Sure, I'm tired occasionally, sometime I have achy joints but beyond that no much.

Could the pro metabolic diet be preventing some of the telltale signs from showing?

Any thoughts on treatment? The Nurse said Motrin for now, but if the swelling continues some antibiotics may be necessary.

Thanks

Mittir

Whenever i have flu like symptoms i eat a large bowl of carrot salad with lots of
coconut oil .I also eat tbs of coconut oil 2-3 times that day.
If you are not used to eating coconut oil. it can upset your stomach.
I avoid food that increases endotoxine, starch and soluble fiber.
Then i try to have a good resting sleep. Coffee and red lights are helpful.
I try to figure out what is the probable cause of flu.
I have noticed, a connection between carbonated drinks and flu.
Possibly carbonated drink increases loss of nutrient.
Pro-thyroid diet improves immunity.

Jenn

If its truly lymph glands, then more sugar and potassium and movement. The lymph system is over flow for the liver and needs movement to circulate and get rid of toxins. If it's actually swollen saliva glands, then baking soda before meals would help and /or more carbonation.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thanks for the feedback. It's definitely neck lymph glands... The Doctor is giving me Augmentin as an antibiotic. He's not sure it's necessary yet but more preventative. I just had more blood work to test for mono or toxoplasmosis or other infections.
Of course he recommended taking the antibiotics with food and yogurt. I'm inclined to go heavy with the carrot salad and coconut oil for a day or two before I take the Augmentin.

Mittir

RP recommends Vitamin K intake with antibiotics as these meds
kill off bacterias that make vitamin K. Beef liver is a rich source of
Vitamin K and you can use well cooked green leafy vegetables like Kale.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thanks Mittir! Based on what I've read so far, Peat doesn't seem worried about the antibiotics "decimation" of gut flora. Perhaps the gut flora kill off is highly exaggerated?
So a bit of Greek style yogurt and vitamin K rich foods will be all I need with /after antibiotics?
In addition to the Peat protocol and exercise of course!

PhilParma

Whatever happened with this? I'm having the very similar symptoms. Neck lymph gland swelling, and fatigue that seems to get worse with the more carbs that I eat. I also did a blood test that showed low neutrophils. And slightly elevated liver enzymes. Virus? This has been going on for two months and the only relief I get is when I severely limit carbs...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom