Pathogens

Lore

Pathogens; a bacterium, virus, or other microorganism that can cause disease.
In biology, a pathogen (Greek: πάθος pathos "suffering, passion" and -γενής -genēs "producer of") in the oldest and broadest sense is anything that can produce disease; the term came into use in the 1880s.[1][2] Typically the term is used to describe an infectious agent such as a virus, bacterium, protozoa, prion, a fungus, or other micro-organism.[3][4]

There are several substrates including pathways where the pathogens can invade a host. The principal pathways have different episodic time frames, but soil contamination has the longest or most persistent potential for harboring a pathogen. Diseases caused by organisms in humans are known as pathogenic diseases. Pathogen - Wikipedia

:imnewhereI put this definition up her for my benefit as I write this post to help keep me focused. I'm sure you all know what this means, I didn't. My mind isn't working well; a lot of memory issues, focus and comprehension. I'm in the process of learning a new language, actually a few; Medical & Legalize.:hairpull Anyway ....

I'm just an uneducated person trying to educate myself, trying to find a solution for an alleged "incurable disease". I'm looking for "healing from the cellular level up." I'm trying to write my "introduce yourself" so you have an idea of where I'm coming from, who I am, etc., so please be patient with me and bear with my ignorance. In the meantime, along my path these past 4 years, I've tried and tested alternative methods, searching for scientific/medical professional/therapies, ect., to see what might work or help.

That being said for now, wow! I'm surprised. I did a search on "Pathogen(s)" within this forum and found one conversation/thread on Candida and one other reference; and only two threads in this section. I would think pathogens would be one of the first points to consider; one of the 1st starting points of ANY illness/healing solution; any medical/scientific; any research/study.

Before I go any further, am I wrong with this thought process?

The main reason I jumped right into research with Ray Peat and gave him and everyone here a measure of faith was, Ray's About and a link Ray Peat had on his website: If Ray made this comment about Gilbert Ling, then Ray's work is exactly what I've been looking for, persons to talk with, to study/research/follow/brainstorm/consult with, etc:

Gilbert Ling, Ph.D. -- Gilbert Ling's work has created a scientific basis for cell physiology. When I began reading his work in 1968, I found that he had already resolved many of the basic issues that appeared to confuse most of those in the scientific establishment who were studying "membrane physiology." Anyone who reads his work will find that cells do not do the things described in the standard medical literature. His indictment of scientific fraud--on a scale "unknown in scientific history"-- and of anti-scientific stupidity, must eventually be accepted by anyone who would understand the present scientific-political establishment. www.gilbertling.org

Peatful

I, like u, am uneducated... Using trial and error, which has been very educational.
So I am not the best first poster.... But I will give it a shot as to how I see Peat's work.
He agrees with u regarding pathogens.
He may not use the vernacular of pathogens per say, but they are a foundation to his work.
He promotes easy to digest, nutrient dense food for this reason.
Where one might get loss is that mitochondrial respiration and related thyroid health is the cornerstone of even digestive health in his research.

I could go on, but I am sure others will gladly explain his conclusions from research.

Last edited:
OP
Lore

Lore

I, like u, am uneducated... Using trial and error, which has been very educational.
So I am not the best first poster.... But I will give it a shot as to how I see Peat's work.
He agrees with u regarding pathogens
He may not use the vernacular of pathogens per say, but they are a foundation to his work.
He promotes easy to digest, nutrient dense food for this reason.
Where one might get loss is that mitochondrial respiration and related thyroid health is the cornerstone of even digestive health in his research.

I could go on, but I am sure others will gladly explain his conclusions from research.

This is FANTASTIC! Thank you for speaking to me "in layman's terms." I think I understand, to a degree, a lot of scientific journals. To a degree. Asking for "layman's terms" doesn't mean I'm a "simpleton", I'm just trying to make sure I understand or have my understanding corrected so I don't "learn incorrectly". So thank you so much for your post.

I will say tho, I'm just not understanding mitochondrial respiration. I find this so confusing at this stage of my education, although, I believe there is an underlying cause of my illness, quite possibly thyroid health.
:thankyoublue

Peatful

Mitochondrial respiration is cell energy.
Cell energy...think thyroid.

OP
Lore

Lore

Mitochondrial respiration is cell energy.
Cell energy...think thyroid.
I'll be right back to continue this post, in the meantime, thank you again. I thought I understood "mitochondrial respiration is cell energy"... I didn't know about >> "think thyroid ".

I need to calm down, my chest is hurting I'm so excited. I'm overwhelmed with joy and hope to have found this forum and such wonderful, helpful persons. brb.

Peatful

It has been invaluable to me.

Lilac

Hello, Lore. I am not a science person either, but I did enjoy science documentaries from childhood. Four years into Peat, I am still wrapping my head around mitochondria and how they work. I have never been clear on what "uncoupling" means, except that it's a good thing.

I think this thread below, particularly the original magazine article link that starts it, was interesting for me in regards to mitochondria dysfunction. The young man profiled in the article stuck in my mind, well, ever since.

Geneticist Links Chronic Fatigue To Mitochondria Dysfunction

OP
Lore

Lore

:thumbsup: :thankyoublue :nomnompopcorn I'm watching and resting. Can't type yet.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals