Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Temporary Strict Iron Avoidance And Its Potential Advantages

Discussion in 'Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines' started by Amazoniac, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

Everyone is familiar with Ray's writings on the dangers of iron, and we're all accustomed to the idea of its moderate restriction. However, in some situations such as infections, a strict avoidance can also be beneficial, especially if there are antibiotics involved. In fact, if the forum had a thread named "Towards a safer antibiotic course" part of "Becoming an unwanted host", temporary* iron avoidance should be one of the priorities when it comes to getting rid of infections successfully (whoa, many repeated letters).
    I suspect that starch during iron deprivation would not be as problematic for some people as it's when combined with iron, such as rice with leafy greens, potatoes, fortified wheat with dark fruit jello, bananas and molasses/unrefined cane sugar, etc.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/47791544_Depletion_of_luminal_iron_alters_the_gut_microbiota_and_prevents_Crohn's_disease-like_ileitis

--
    Low dietary iron intake restrains the intestinal inflammatory response and pathology of enteric infection by food-borne bacterial pathogens

--
    Iron Availability Increases the Pathogenic Potential of Salmonella Typhimurium and Other Enteric Pathogens at the Intestinal Epithelial Interface

2. paymanz

paymanz Member

Thanks!

3. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

Thanks Amazoniac!

Beef liver has quite a decent ammount of iron .... :-|

4. Makrosky

Makrosky Member

@Amazoniac might I suggest you to put on bold the parts you find most relevant when you publish this kind of posts? Just as your idol* haidut does. It would be greeeeeat!! :):

* Yes, I know you have teenage posters in your room like pop stars but with haidut's face.

5. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I usually avoid highlighting on purpose since those are already selected parts. In my opinion it's a bit distracting unless there's a detail that might pass unnoticed. But thank you for the suggestion as it can indeed appear monotonous..
    I don't have a poster yet, only a tattoo that required me to think a lot on how to divide Idealabs for each butt cheek.

6. OP
    Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

I recently shared a link about a team of researchers activating dormant microbes with energy and iron but also magnesium. I suppose that this is relevant for those that are trying to eradicate some fungal (mitochondria) problems.

Magnesium in biology - Wikipedia
    --
    Magnesium and control of yeast growth and metabolism - DORAS - DCU
    Ray Peat Glossary - Ray Peat Forum Wiki
    THE EFFECT OF MAGNESIUM AND CALCIUM ON YEAST GROWTH - Saltukoglu - 2013 - Journal of the Institute of Brewing - Wiley Online Library