OJ might impair thryoid

retroactive

I'm skeptical. Its unlikely that Ray and other wouldn't have noticed the effect while consuming orange juice. But who knows?

retroactive

Ya thats true. It could be. There is a period in the winter when I don't have access to good orange juice. I could try and see if I notice any difference during that time

Grapelander

The say I'm impairing Thyroid.
ath.JPG

Jayvee

I didnt find anything too compelling. The previous threads had good debates on both sides of the argument. It's fair to say most foods have something in them that is less favourable and orange juice is no exception but ultimately in its purest ripest form (consumed by humans) its benefits outweigh its negatives. The studies dont prove anything conclusive to me.

As for peoples experiences with feeling cold after drinking orange juice, that could be any number of things causing that.

I'm more than open to the idea of orange juice being 'anti-thyroid' but those studies nor the threads convince me.

Kvothe

Ahh, it brings a smile to my face whenever I see someone post this Nigerian sciene project, again. If you can read this paper and realize that it was actually published in a scientific journal without having a good laugh, you're dead inside. This is still my favorite passage :

"The median lethal dose was estimated by the method of Lorke. (20) There was no mortality at the highest dose of 5000 mg/kg, therefore 30% of 5000 mg/kg was used, that is, 1500 mg/kg body weight." :nailbiting:

JKX

I know this has been posted already two times:

- Orange Juice is a potent anti-thyroid
- Orange Juice Has Similar Effects As ANTI-thyroid Drug In Rodents: Increase In TSH, Decrease In T3/T4

This study suggests that OJ might impair thyroid function Comparative effect of Citrus sinensis and carbimazole on serum T4, T3 and TSH levels
The argument looks really compelling. What do you guys think?
Except none of those studies actually examined the effect of OJ. They examined the effect of citrus sinensis extract. Read the studies, see how the extract was prepared.

They took out all the good stuff...the sugar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals