Niacinamide eye drops??

I just listened to the Mercola interview with Georgi Dinkov on Co2. In that discussion Georgi talks about using Niacinamide eye drops to treat and avoid glaucoma. I'm wondering how to make these drops or where to buy them (if they exist). Also, would such drops help improve eye sight?

Dave Clark

I found that interesting myself, and could not find anything on a search. I make my own eye drops with trehalose and MSM, and Watt-ahh. Would like to know more about this, as well.

Badger

I just listened to the Mercola interview with Georgi Dinkov on Co2. In that discussion Georgi talks about using Niacinamide eye drops to treat and avoid glaucoma. I'm wondering how to make these drops or where to buy them (if they exist). Also, would such drops help improve eye sight?
Caffeine + Niacinamide eye drops:

Does not seem to go directly into eye:
Amazon product ASIN B0CL5F1Y14View: https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Peptide-Retinol-Niacinamide-Brightening/dp/B0CL5F1Y14?th=1

StephanF

Forum Supporter
For an eye infection, I added a small amount of chlorine dioxide solution. The first time 10 ppm, the second time I went up to 50 ppm. No irritation! Not sure if it helped.

cdg

Have a look at: Niacinamide and Neuroprotection: The Glaucoma Holy Grail

Georgi also mentioned in:
#102- Ray Peat's Popularity - Synchronicity - PUFA and Bowel Disease - DHT and Testosterone - Estrogen with Georgi Dinkov by Generative Energy Podcast
At around 37min the reciepe is:

15mg/kg of B1 Thiamine (cheap one HCL)
30mg/kg of Niacinamide
2mg/kg of Biotin

example: 100 kg will need 1.5grams B1, 3grams of Niacinanamide and 200mg of Biotin.

This huge dose is sure to hit the eyes as well?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Think Idealabs might have a product that was specifically shown to help with eye health

xborg

For an eye infection, I added a small amount of chlorine dioxide solution. The first time 10 ppm, the second time I went up to 50 ppm. No irritation! Not sure if it helped.
I use CDS for that too but either a half a drop on the outside of the lid or putting 1/2ml in an eye cup to let only the gas bathe closed lids for 2min or so. I don't know how to gauge the ppm accurately enough to risk putting it in my eye. It works very well though and it's wonderful tool to have since there is so little you can use in the eye.

Ania

Yesterday I added a small pinch of pure powder niacinamide to saline solution and rinsed my eyes with it. Totally neutral sensation, no irritation. Whites are whiter today. I do not have glaucoma, but my mother does, so I will do that as a preventive measure.
I will report back after longer period.

To be verified but I believe that the drops with acetyl carnosine are used for cataracts

You can create a solution with water and put it AROUND your eyes and it works just as well. That’s what I found using a tonometer.

Dave Clark

You can create a solution with water and put it AROUND your eyes and it works just as well. That’s what I found using a tonometer.
Would you do a 3% like the skin creams have in them, or more?
Also, people should not forget about the eye benefits of castor oil, applied to the eye lids, etc.
I would not apply it directly to the eyes unless using a pharma-grade oil, but regardless of what some of the naysayers say, castor oil has been used around the eyes and other areas of the body for ions with safety.

OP
Weslemkoon1969
Yesterday I added a small pinch of pure powder niacinamide to saline solution and rinsed my eyes with it. Totally neutral sensation, no irritation. Whites are whiter today. I do not have glaucoma, but my mother does, so I will do that as a preventive measure.
Ania, I will be very excited to hear your results. I am going to start doing this, too. Let's see if our eyes improve.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
I use CDS for that too but either a half a drop on the outside of the lid or putting 1/2ml in an eye cup to let only the gas bathe closed lids for 2min or so. I don't know how to gauge the ppm accurately enough to risk putting it in my eye. It works very well though and it's wonderful tool to have since there is so little you can use in the eye.
A single drop of water (or CDS) is 0.05 ml (so 20 drops make 1 ml). If you mix one drop of 3,000 ppm CDS to 10 ml eye drop solution, then the resulting concentration of chlorine dioxide in the eye drops is 3000 ppm x 0.05 ml / 10 ml = 15 ppm.

I have extensive experience with niacinamide and thiamine drops and we no longer apply them in the eye, just around the eye. I've repeated this twice because it's quite important. There is no need to put anything like this into your eye.

xborg

A single drop of water (or CDS) is 0.05 ml (so 20 drops make 1 ml). If you mix one drop of 3,000 ppm CDS to 10 ml eye drop solution, then the resulting concentration of chlorine dioxide in the eye drops is 3000 ppm x 0.05 ml / 10 ml = 15 ppm.
Thanks. The problem comes in determining the real ppm of the stock CDS solution, which is only an approximation as far as I can tell. Moreover, that ppm keeps dropping daily. It looks like such an uncertain and moving target that i've been unwilling to use guesswork to make minute concentrations for my eyes. Fortunately, ClO2 penetrates extremely well so bathing the closed lids in gas or a applying mild drop topically has done the trick every time.

Kray

@Ania any update on NAM eye drop use?

Kray

I have extensive experience with niacinamide and thiamine drops and we no longer apply them in the eye, just around the eye. I've repeated this twice because it's quite important. There is no need to put anything like this into your eye.
@ecstatichamster -- Hadn't heard about B1 for eye health. What does that do? What are you hoping to benefit from? A family member has been diagnosed with glaucoma. Dr didn't suggest treatment of any kind. Seems strange, need to get more info or 2nd opinion. Can you provide a recipe? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks-

@ecstatichamster -- Hadn't heard about B1 for eye health. What does that do? What are you hoping to benefit from? A family member has been diagnosed with glaucoma. Dr didn't suggest treatment of any kind. Seems strange, need to get more info or 2nd opinion. Can you provide a recipe? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks-
B1 reduces carbonic anhydrase, which therefore increases CO2 levels and opens up the vessels in the eye.

Glaucoma needs to be treated. It can cause blindness. I recommend niacinamide and thiamine in eye drops and also orally (eye drops meaning just dissolved in water and painted outside the eye and on the temple.)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals