Did you try making and using niacinamide eye drops for your eyes?

I think that Haidut has posted about eyedrops consisting of niacinamide that could drastically help reverse all sorts of eye disease. Has anybody tried it? You’d have to make them at yourself.

Rafe

I haven’t, but interested.

I did find out by accident that a side-effect of doxycycline is that it strengthens the corneas by lowering matrix metalloproteinases. But I have also read that doxy increases serotonin.

So, interested in the niacinamide eye drops.

haidut

Forum Supporter

Niacin increases the release of histamine and serotonin, while niacinamide does not. This is why Peat always recommends niacinamide and warns against taking niacin. It is not a coincidence the studies on reversing vision problems all use niacinamide derivatives and not niacin ones - i.e. nitocinamide riboside, nicotinamide mononucleotide, and even pre-formed NAD itself.

OP
ecstatichamster
Niacin increases the release of histamine and serotonin, while niacinamide does not. This is why Peat always recommends niacinamide and warns against taking niacin. It is not a coincidence the studies on reversing vision problems all use niacinamide derivatives and not niacin ones - i.e. nitocinamide riboside, nicotinamide mononucleotide, and even pre-formed NAD itself.

I wish someone made niacinamide eye drops. What would one do at home to make a safe version, I wonder.

cdg

Thanks for the clarification makes sense.

atlee7757

The first step in making these eyedrops would be dealing with the low pH of Niacinamide. I believe it is 6pH.

You would be using distilled water, which also has a low pH, probably between 5 and 5.5pH.

You would have to chose a pH buffer from bicarbonates or carbonates: probably from Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium or Sodium. Which one of these singly, or in some combination, would provide added benefits for the ocular surface.

Tear fluid pH in normals, contact lens wearers, and pathological cases: "Among 41 binocularly normal persons the pH was found to be 6.93 +/- 0.24 (mean +/- SD) of the primarily examined eye, independent of sex and age. The conjunctival fluid was significantly more acid in contact lens wearers "​

To avoid stinging, or worse, the pH would then have to be around 7pH.

kyrastas1

No need for the salt preparation step shown in the video, just get "Water for Injection" that is already a saline (salt) isotonic water solution at 0.9% concentration.
Perhaps some dilution of that is needed with distilled / sterilized water, to cater for the added niacinamide / msm / whatever to make it isotonic again.
However the matter of pH raised by atlee still remains

Last edited by a moderator:

Mazzle

Wow. I thought I was imagining things were changing with my eyes. I did not know there was a connection. Have been taking for some weeks now and have noticed I have to take glasses off to see things. Also I’ve had done really sharp stitching pains in eyeball - like some thing was coming out. Do u think that could be floaters clearing??? I’m still fat tho.

AlisonG

Wow. I thought I was imagining things were changing with my eyes. I did not know there was a connection. Have been taking for some weeks now and have noticed I have to take glasses off to see things. Also I’ve had done really sharp stitching pains in eyeball - like some thing was coming out. Do u think that could be floaters clearing??? I’m still fat tho.
Have you been taking oral Niacinamide or using Niacinamide eye drops?