Low Toxin Supplements Niacin Increases NAD+ Significantly in Human Trial

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This has been gone over in the Love your liver program with a thorough review by Kelsey who is a scientist. Basically, only take the flush Niacin as Nicotinic Acid and do not take the extended release kind. The niacin is toxin to the liver mantra is pretty much hogwash and was torn apart by Kelsey as being pure nonsense. It's simply propaganda to keep people away from this incredible healing substance.
“Well, niacin sometimes refers to nicotinic acid or even its slow release form. Nicotinic acid happens to increase your histamine, serotonin, and prostaglandins, all of which are inflammatory. So I don't think it's good for anyone to take nicotinic acid other than as it occurs in food. Niacinamide is a form of that same vitamin that is active in cells and doesn't release those inflammatory problem materials.” Ray Peat
Unfortunately Ray Peat missed the ball on this one. He missed the 500+ detox pathways that open up literally making the body go into super detox mode. Ray Peat was focused on the wrong mechanisms.

P

Peatress

This has been gone over in the Love your liver program with a thorough review by Kelsey who is a scientist. Basically, only take the flush Niacin as Nicotinic Acid and do not take the extended release kind. The niacin is toxin to the liver mantra is pretty much hogwash and was torn apart by Kelsey as being pure nonsense. It's simply propaganda to keep people away from this incredible healing substance.

Unfortunately Ray Peat missed the ball on this one. He missed the 500+ detox pathways that open up literally making the body go into super detox mode. Ray Peat was focused on the wrong mechanisms.
If Niacin is working for you keep taking it. However, I am leaving information for other people who may need to be fully informed before taking something that has the potential to damage their livers and kidneys.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
However, I am leaving information for other people who may need to be fully informed before taking something that has the potential to damage their livers and kidneys.
And I am leaving info to fully inform that the mainstream information towards Niacin is nonsense. :) You can find more information in the Love Your Liver program or you can go directly to Kelseys Telegram group which is entirely free and there is a ton of info there: "Nia-Sources and Discussion Group"

taralynne

I just started Niacin a couple of days ago, 25 mg at night in case it makes me tired. I'm looking forward to see how it may help my progress with vitamin A detox which I have been doing for close to 2 years; though, not as strictly as some others. I read A. Hoffer's book too in the past and tried it briefly several years ago but at a much higher dose which I think may have been counterproductive.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I read A. Hoffer's book too in the past and tried it briefly several years ago but at a much higher dose which I think may have been counterproductive.
Going too high, too fast, can definitely overwhelm the detox system of the body and make someone feel very uncomfortable. Kelsey thinks 3 grams a day is about the most a person should do regularly, and then 5 grams at absolute most for short periods. Ramping up slow and easy is the best.

taralynne

Going too high, too fast, can definitely overwhelm the detox system of the body and make someone feel very uncomfortable. Kelsey thinks 3 grams a day is about the most a person should do regularly, and then 5 grams at absolute most for short periods. Ramping up slow and easy is the best.
I definitely didn't go slowly the last time so I will be sure to do so this time around.

Chit7

Screen Shot 2024-02-04 at 9.33.47 PM.png

latest version of the stack i assemble, with more buffering this time.
im pretty against eating rock minerals, BioMinerals are much easier on the system, i dont want slowly embalm myself with rock minerals even alkaline ones. reference to how inorganic, not biologically transmuted, rock-salt was likely the dominant traditional embalming method of old...

hierundjetzt

This doubt about maiacin/diabetes has worried me for some time. I searched on Google for where Kelsey debunks the claim but I could not find it. @charlie do you have a link for where Kesley reviews the niacin-diabetes debate? Thanks

L_C

Most likely it is liberating toxins and moving them out especially heavy metals so it will effect sleep. I advise my family to keep the dose low where you are getting results and just under the discomfort level. Also making sure to buffer any doses over 100mg.
When I take niacin 100mg and buffer it with 87mg of potassium bicarbonate, I don't flush as much as when I took lower dose of niacin unbuffered. Is less flushing desirable?

Perhaps you explained it already somewhere but what's the purpose of buffering? Thanks.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
When I take niacin 100mg and buffer it with 87mg of potassium bicarbonate, I don't flush as much as when I took lower dose of niacin unbuffered. Is less flushing desirable?
There is no need to gauge the flush, the Niacin is doing what it needs to do without the flush. No need to chase the flush.
Perhaps you explained it already somewhere but what's the purpose of buffering? Thanks.
To help negate the acid load from the Nicotinic Acid.

L_C

There is no need to gauge the flush, the Niacin is doing what it needs to do without the flush. No need to chase the flush.

To help negate the acid load from the Nicotinic Acid.
Thanks for your prompt reply. Much appreciated!

One more question. Is there a protocol on when to up the dose of niacin and how much? In other words, how long should we stay on a certain dose? and if we decide to increase a dose, how much should we increase?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Thanks for your prompt reply. Much appreciated!

One more question. Is there a protocol on when to up the dose of niacin and how much? In other words, how long should we stay on a certain dose? and if we decide to increase a dose, how much should we increase?
I advise my family to wait at least 5 days and if they are feeling comfortable then they can move up. Personally I did 50mg a day after a meal for a few days, then I did two times a day at 50mg, then I did 3 times a day after every meal at 50mg. Then I raised one of the doses to 100mg and then on and on. Even small doses are doing great things, no need to get crazy in the beginning. If my family member is full on doing the low toxin lifestyle I advise them to settle in anywhere between 1000mg and 3000mg a day for heavy detoxing, obviously rising slowly to get there. If my family member is not full on the low toxin lifestyle they need to keep their dosing much lower. Maybe no more then 200mg or so a day. If a family member is hitting hard detox event from the Niacin I advise them to cut the daily dose in half, and keep cutting in half till comfortable again.

Don

I advise my family to wait at least 5 days and if they are feeling comfortable then they can move up. Personally I did 50mg a day after a meal for a few days, then I did two times a day at 50mg, then I did 3 times a day after every meal at 50mg. Then I raised one of the doses to 100mg and then on and on. Even small doses are doing great things, no need to get crazy in the beginning. If my family member is full on doing the low toxin lifestyle I advise them to settle in anywhere between 1000mg and 3000mg a day for heavy detoxing, obviously rising slowly to get there. If my family member is not full on the low toxin lifestyle they need to keep their dosing much lower. Maybe no more then 200mg or so a day. If a family member is hitting hard detox event from the Niacin I advise them to cut the daily dose in half, and keep cutting in half till comfortable again.
This is great info on niacin, thanks so much.

J.R.K

Just a heads up about niacin supplementation it can have some negative side effects as well.

InChristAlone

Just a heads up about niacin supplementation it can have some negative side effects as well.

But how does that have anything to do with supplementation? Were they all supplementing?

purple pill

can't get full access to the study, doesn't say how they conducted the studies other than the rat study where they injected the metabolite into them. Did find out that the particular metabolite they are using as a marker is also increased from from coffee though

J.R.K

But how does that have anything to do with supplementation? Were they all supplementing?
Our) research uncovered that excess niacin fuels inflammation (and) cardiovascular disease through a newly discovered pathway. (These) findings are significant because they provide a foundation for potential new interventions and therapeutics to reduce or prevent inflammation.”
— Dr. Stanley Hazen

J.R.K

can't get full access to the study, doesn't say how they conducted the studies other than the rat study where they injected the metabolite into them. Did find out that the particular metabolite they are using as a marker is also increased from from coffee though
From the article

For this study, Dr. Hazen and his team studied the fasting plasma from about 1,100 people with stable cardiac health.

Upon analysis, researchers discovered that higher circulating levels of N1-methyl-4-pyridone-3-carboxamide, or 4PY, were strongly associated with the development of a heart attack, stroke, or other unhealthy cardiac events.

purple pill

I get the impression they weren't supplementing, so there implicating the small amounts of niacin added to wheat and questioning fortification

J.R.K

As the body cannot make niacin, it needs to get it from the foods we eat or via a supplement.

For example, the body convertsTrusted Source the amino acidtryptophanTrusted Source — found in most animal products, including meat and dairy — into niacin.

Niacin can also naturally be found in legumes, whole grains, nuts, and seeds. And there are also some foods, such as cereals and breads, fortified with niacin.

The body does not store niacin — any excess not used is removed from the body via urine.

Again from the article

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals