Low-dose niacinamide has striking anti-obesity effects

LadyRae

@BrianF @EvanHinkle +3 on the K2 supplementation. I take five or six drops of Kuinone (it comes out fast) before bed, along with 5 drops Calcirol Vit D, and I've been doing this for about 8 months.

My teeth are incredibly white and strong. About a year and a half ago I had some problems with bleeding gums and one spot where I believe the pocket developed. I would get food stuck in there and it would become painful. I started swishing with a methylene blue solution at the end of august, 2021, and that took care of any pain and bleeding. Pocket never hurts and I can kind of tell it is there but it doesn't bother me and it is much smaller.

Despite the periodontal issues that developed a couple years ago after my crash from keto, fasting, and intense exercise, I have been fortunate to evade any cavity development.

I think swishing with methylene blue has also whitened my teeth. I drink a ton of coffee but people still ask me all the time what I am using to whiten my teeth.

David PS

I think swishing with methylene blue has also whitened my teeth. I drink a ton of coffee but people still ask me all the time what I am using to whiten my teeth.
Thanks for the tip. I have just restarted taking MB. As long as I am taking it, I might as well swish it around in my mouth and see what happens.

BrianF

@BrianF @EvanHinkle +3 on the K2 supplementation. I take five or six drops of Kuinone (it comes out fast) before bed, along with 5 drops Calcirol Vit D, and I've been doing this for about 8 months.

My teeth are incredibly white and strong. About a year and a half ago I had some problems with bleeding gums and one spot where I believe the pocket developed. I would get food stuck in there and it would become painful. I started swishing with a methylene blue solution at the end of august, 2021, and that took care of any pain and bleeding. Pocket never hurts and I can kind of tell it is there but it doesn't bother me and it is much smaller.

Despite the periodontal issues that developed a couple years ago after my crash from keto, fasting, and intense exercise, I have been fortunate to evade any cavity development.

Thanks for the tip....I'm currently drinking my second double espresso of the day (it's a lifestyle now: 🤣 and while it's great for me, it does make my teeth look bad. I have a bottle of MB snd I'm going to give it a try!!!

LadyRae

Thanks for the tip. I have just restarted taking MB. As long as I am taking it, I might as well swish it around in my mouth and see what happens.
Your mouth will turn blue😏. I do it before bed, after brushing my teeth...

David PS

Your mouth will turn blue😏. I do it before bed, after brushing my teeth...
that is good to know as well. Thanks again.

EvanHinkle

Just because I forgot, I wanted to mention that I am not using the dose of niacinamide that Haidut posted at the beginning of this thread, but rather a dose from a post he made about lowering free fatty acids. For me, that dose is 1/4 tsp. So that’s the dose I’m taking three times a day with at least 20 grams of sugar.

Just wanted to be clear, but the weight loss is confirmed. I shot up from my typical 185 to 230 when I first found Peat’s work, (no one’s fault but mine-I didn’t fully understand what I was doing). Since that time I have come down in steps, and was stuck for a while at 220, and then again at 210. The niacinamide has taken me down to 203, and it’s become obvious that my pants no longer fit! I expect that I will continue to loose weight with this approach.

LadyRae

Just because I forgot, I wanted to mention that I am not using the dose of niacinamide that Haidut posted at the beginning of this thread, but rather a dose from a post he made about lowering free fatty acids. For me, that dose is 1/4 tsp. So that’s the dose I’m taking three times a day with at least 20 grams of sugar.

Just wanted to be clear, but the weight loss is confirmed. I shot up from my typical 185 to 230 when I first found Peat’s work, (no one’s fault but mine-I didn’t fully understand what I was doing). Since that time I have come down in steps, and was stuck for a while at 220, and then again at 210. The niacinamide has taken me down to 203, and it’s become obvious that my pants no longer fit! I expect that I will continue to loose weight with this approach.
Wow, that's a great update. You must feel good these days

Mossy

EvanHinkle

Is this to prevent a crash from the B3?
I assume so, but as far as my reasoning it’s just to duplicate the study here:

“All one needs to do it take niacinamide with a sweet drink providing at least 20g of sugar and voila! The effects would be largely the same as this study.”

Mossy

I assume so, but as far as my reasoning it’s just to duplicate the study here:

“All one needs to do it take niacinamide with a sweet drink providing at least 20g of sugar and voila! The effects would be largely the same as this study.”
That is helpful, thank you.

Mauritio

In this human study increasing NAD lead to 1,9kg of weight loss in just 28 days.

The dosage was 1000mg of β-nicotinamide mononucleotide. I guess niacinamide would be a similar dose,not sure thoug.

Last edited:

aniciete

I've had no plaque since I began using K2 over six years ago. My theory is that dental plaque is calcium that is forming where it shouldn't and that when I supplement K2, it is either (or both) ensuring that the calcium goes to where it should in my body (the bones) and/or by dropping the K2 in my mouth, it is dissolving any build-up around my teeth.
Why might k2 cause more plaque buildup on teeth? Taking 4mg for 4-5 days has made my teeth look terrible.

BrianF

I can't imagine the k2 is responsible for that. Might be something else? Is it possible you might be more focused on them at the moment?

Dr. B

In this human study increasing NAD lead to 1,9kg of weight loss in just 28 days.

The dosage was 1000mg of β-nicotinamide mononucleotide. I guess niacinamide would be a similar dose,not sure thoug.

I did 500mg twice a day for maybe a month now. No weight loss. On the contrary it seems to cause water retention, causes some acne and causes a puffy face and dry, shrunken eyes. I used thornes 500mg capsules which are pricy and have no excipients.

Someone mentioned 20g sugar per 250mg niacinamide, I definitely got more than that ratio of sugar to niacinamide.

I am now thinking whether i should cut down to 500mg 3x a week or even 500mg once a week. Instead of 500mg twice daily. I dont think 500mg once daily will be tolerable either.

For some it supposedly caused constipation? I dont know about that but if i took 1000mg all at once it would cause diarrhea

I now ordered legions b complex which does have magnesium stearate and silica. But it has some good low doses of the b vitamins. One capsule has 7.5mg b1, 5mg b2 and 5mg b6, 12.5mg niacinamide, 12.5mg b5, 50mcg biotin, 125mg inositol, 125mg choline, 200mcg methylfolate, 50mg ubiquinone, 50mcg b12

These dosages seem a lot lower than most b complexes. And I would only use it 4x a week
On the alternate days i was thinking of doing zma which would provide 3.5mg pyridoxine b6, 150mg magnesium and 10mg zinc

So besides those i could possibly add 500mg niacinamide once a week

cremes

I did 500mg twice a day for maybe a month now. No weight loss. On the contrary it seems to cause water retention, causes some acne and causes a puffy face and dry, shrunken eyes. I used thornes 500mg capsules which are pricy and have no excipients.

Someone mentioned 20g sugar per 250mg niacinamide, I definitely got more than that ratio of sugar to niacinamide.

I am now thinking whether i should cut down to 500mg 3x a week or even 500mg once a week. Instead of 500mg twice daily. I dont think 500mg once daily will be tolerable either.
A gram per day is not “low dose.” If you haven’t read this whole thread, I recommend starting at the beginning.

50mg 3x per day is about right. Try that for a month. More is not always better.

Dr. B

A gram per day is not “low dose.” If you haven’t read this whole thread, I recommend starting at the beginning.

50mg 3x per day is about right. Try that for a month. More is not always better.
Were they suggesting 50mg in the beginning of the thread?
There are no products selling 50mg niacinamide i believe unless its part of a b complex.
Would 500mg or 1000mg a day actually raise cortisol instead of lowering it?

cremes

Were they suggesting 50mg in the beginning of the thread?
There are no products selling 50mg niacinamide i believe unless its part of a b complex.
Would 500mg or 1000mg a day actually raise cortisol instead of lowering it?
Break the pill with a pill cutter. If a capsule, break it apart. This is what I do.

Don’t ask me what the beginning of the thread says. Read it yourself. You are responsible for you.

Look at the title of this thread. Low dose. 500mg or more is not.

Dr. B

Break the pill with a pill cutter. If a capsule, break it apart. This is what I do.

Don’t ask me what the beginning of the thread says. Read it yourself. You are responsible for you.

Look at the title of this thread. Low dose. 500mg or more is not.

I do think the thread was referring to 300-500mg as low dose

But yes if you are referring to the rda of 16mg, 500mg is a big dosage

Some on here were supplementing grams of it

Anyway i may try 50mg daily or every other day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals