Low Toxin Supplements Niacin Increases NAD+ Significantly in Human Trial

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Both scenarios sound like you feel like a bag of hammers, I can see why the art form in the supplements comes in, and the need to throttle back on the ones that encourage more excessive dumping.
Detoxing is definitely an art form.

Here is one persons comment on detox:
the detox here is unpleasant but cathartic at the same time. Like when I’m really detoxing hard, yes I don’t feel great. But I feel extreme relief at the same time.
And this person is right, yes you feel bad during but at the same time you are getting stronger and less poisoned.
3g nicotinamide is way higher than anything you could get naturally from food. The RDA is 10mg, so you are regularly taking 300 times the RDA.
I take Nicotinic Acid, not Nicotinamide. And I do not take gram doses anymore as it pushes on the copper too hard.
Is it possible to stop your niacin plus big 5 for a month to truly gauge your baseline?
No worries, I go back to "baseline" quite often and more and more as now my baseline feels soooooo good. I am in a break right now, enjoying the benefits of a more pure body.

Richiebogie

I take Nicotinic Acid, not Nicotinamide. And I do not take gram doses anymore as it pushes on the copper too hard.

Might be best. Slow and steady wins the race.

It would be ideal if we can detox without much pain. Perhaps smaller doses of nicotinic acid will mean less toxic bile released in one go. Therefore most of the bile released ends up combining with pectin and other soluble fibres and passing out of the body rather than being reabsorbed.

Spondive

Interesting study, there appears to be a discrepancy on this forum between niacinamide and niacin. I know for my own experience when I had an infection and my blood oxygen levels were low I would take 500-1000mg of Niacin and i would literally see my oxygen levels rise in real time. Although many say the flushing that occurs is not healthy for me it always felt pretty good.
I saw the same when I gave my brother niacin for his severe Covid pneumonia…he improved enough to get off all oxygen within 24 hours

youngsinatra

Just wanted to chime in and say: don’t take niacin on an empty stomach, guys. Made me feel very nauseous. It really stimulates digestive juices and without food it‘s intense. Ate food and it passed.

Loving nicotinic acid so far.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Just wanted to chime in and say: don’t take niacin on an empty stomach, guys. Made me feel very nauseous. It really stimulates digestive juices and without food it‘s intense. Ate food and it passed.

Agreed, definitely after a meal is best from my observations.

J.R.K

This is also true for zinc as well.

Ledo

Taking lots of niacin will ensure that lack of niacin is not the limiting factor, but maybe it becomes lack of magnesium or some other co-factor nutrient.

@charlie
Proper thyroid function is upstream of magnesium so I would start there. charlie does supplement T3 begrudgingly and has terrific results according to his testimony. Why isn't it the big 6?

Nick

@charlie
Proper thyroid function is upstream of magnesium so I would start there. charlie does supplement T3 begrudgingly and has terrific results according to his testimony. Why isn't it the big 6?
And/or proper thyroid function and good magnesium retention go together because vitamin A toxicity interferes with both.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@charlie
I do supplement with natural dessicated thyroid and I do think most people should be on it until their liver clears and is able to function properly. So you are correct, it should probably be considered which would make the base 7 which we know is an incredible number.

1. Potassium
2. Magnesium
3. Zinc
4. Selenium
5. Molybdenum
6. Niacin as Nicotinic Acid
7. Natural Desiccated Thyroid

Ledo

And/or proper thyroid function and good magnesium retention go together because vitamin A toxicity interferes with both.
Yes, so seems to beg the question, does vitamin A toxicity cause hypothyroidism? And if so at what point does this happen? Is it only after the liver is stuffed and pukes or could a constant stream of to much incoming retinoids, beyond any physiological need, leading to liver storage cause, mild hypo symptoms.

Ledo

I do supplement with natural dessicated thyroid and I do think most people should be on it until their liver clears and is able to function properly. So you are correct, it should probably be considered which would make the base 7 which we know is an incredible number.

1. Potassium
2. Magnesium
3. Zinc
4. Selenium
5. Molybdenum
6. Niacin as Nicotinic Acid
7. Natural Desiccated Thyroid
Ah yes NDT seems perfect for this application. BTW how much potassium chloride to you take a day? Divided doses? How much total POT do you shoot for in a day?

Peater

Yes, so seems to beg the question, does vitamin A toxicity cause hypothyroidism? And if so at what point does this happen? Is it only after the liver is stuffed and pukes or could a constant stream of to much incoming retinoids, beyond any physiological need, leading to liver storage cause, mild hypo symptoms.
I think there are many things that cause it. Excess goitrogenic foods. PUFA toxicity too of course. The Vit A excess could well be a big factor too, but not the only factor.

Ledo

I think there are many things that cause it. Excess goitrogenic foods. PUFA toxicity too of course. The Vit A excess could well be a big factor too, but not the only factor.
Certainly right, agreed. But do you think in a body with a reasonably unburdened liver, to much incoming retinoid, could slow thyroid function before the excess gets stored?

Peater

do you think in a body with a reasonably unburdened liver, to much incoming retinoid, could slow thyroid function

Absolutely, that's never been disputed, Ray said that himself.

I suppose what we're wondering is if excess retinoid starts its own negative feedback loop on liver function, and whether it is that which affects thyroid, or if the excess retinoid affects the thyroid directly.

Spartan300

What does it mean when a person still flushes at low doses of nicotonic acid after a couple of weeks?

If I take much more than 60mg even with food things can get uncomfortable...

Chit7

Forum Supporter
I just saw this post by Kelsey:

View: https://twitter.com/kelseykenney144/status/1763873476367253875

"Still waiting for someone to show me something compelling about immediate-release nicotinic acid being toxic...even in 10+ gram amounts."

So I looked at LiverTox, which is the go-to source for this. There are several case studies with nicotinic acid alone (NA) where liver problems in doses of 3g per day became apparent.

As Kelsey says, these are indeed not very high quality and there are only a few on the background of millions of people taking niacin over the decades. And Hoffer used niacin in thousands of patients with no issues whatsoever.

There are also reports about niacin actually helping the liver, like this: High-dose Niacin is a promising treatment for Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease

Hoffer did not observe liver issues, but he did note that liver enzymes usually increased a bit, which he attributed to the liver working more. Not sure what to make of it, but i think taking TMG could protect against this and make niacin in higher doses less stressful when taking it long-term.

TMG indeed. and why not add the taurine glycine ratio @haidut posted about with that muscle study from the 80s? maybe a lil aspirin... and the other self made aminos i mean niacin is really an amino acid anyway

Attachments

• IMAGE 2024-03-19 13:59:50.jpg
    IMAGE 2024-03-19 13:59:50.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 2
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals