*NEW* vitamin D information everyone needs to know!

InChristAlone

I have been listening to neurologist Dr Stasha Gominak about her amazing findings on vitamin D and came across some information I have never heard before. They are using a vitamin D test called an immuno assay that is cheaper and FAR less accurate!!! The real test is using a half a million dollar machine that is used for checking hormones, vitamin D is actually a hormone. Most of Canada, Australia and the UK are using the immuno assay which is inaccurate. I just checked and labcorp is also using the immuno assay! I had almost just bought it from life extension. Glad I waited. I am sure if the lab code is right they could do it on their hormone machine, but if the code says immuno assay that's what they are using. Here is the lab in the US that uses the right machine: Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxyvitamin D (D2, D3), LC/MS/MS (QuestAssureD™) it's called LCMS. Make sure whenever you get a vitamin D test it is LCMS, NOT immuno assay.

I have this video marked where she starts talking about it:

And here is part 1 if you want to know more about vitamin D and sleep:

Aside from this big news about vitamin D tests, through her clinical practice she cured sleep apnea (and other miraculous accounts of reversal of mental retardation) by getting vitamin D in the range of 60-80. Anything over 80 for too long and you have bigger problems with chronic pain and the heart. But she also needed to combine D with a B50 complex, she learned that it is actually our microbiome that supplied us with all the necessary b vitamins but the microbiome is not healthy when you don't have enough vitamin D. I am unsure how she arrived at this conclusion, but she said 3 months of a B50 complex and getting D in range can get the microbiome back online. She didn't get the best results just using vitamin D, over time her patients started complaining of a daily headache, so she then experimented with vitamin B5 on her patients and had good results, but I guess now she uses the whole complex because she figured out our microbiome produces the entire complex not just one. This is just my rudimentary understanding.

She explains that using D like a vitamin is DANGEROUS. Consider it like using thyroid and get labs done often or know exactly what symptoms you get when you have too much (like pain).

@Tarmander she could be your next podcast guest!

JamesGatz

Interesting - I've had slight chest pain here and there while supplementing Vit D for the winter - my doses weren't that high I don't think maybe only 3,000 IU - I will try going lower and see if there is a difference

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Interesting - I've had slight chest pain here and there while supplementing Vit D for the winter - my doses weren't that high I don't think maybe only 3,000 IU - I will try going lower and see if there is a difference
Might be good to get the blood test it's only $39 if you are supplementing as everyone's dose will be different just like thyroid.

P

Peatness

This is great thank you for posting @sugarbabe. I’m always enlightened whenever I listen to Dr Gominak. Her article on b5 and vitamin D made a huge difference to me when I read it. As someone with chronic insomnia this is useful information. I will search for a lab in the UK to get this test done. If anyone finds one before I do please post.

This is her website. Some useful vit D info

Her article
Vitamin D deficiency changes the intestinal microbiome reducing B vitamin production in the gut. The resulting lack of pantothenic acid adversely affects the immune system, producing a "pro-inflammatory" state associated with atherosclerosis and autoimmunity

Attachments

• Gominak-pantothenic-acid-deficiency.pdf
    10.1 MB · Views: 98

Peater

That is very interesting thanks. I have loads of 10000IU capsules. I found too much caused insomnia. Maybe i will just pierce the capsules and put it on my skin

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

This is great thank you for posting @sugarbabe. I’m always enlightened whenever I listen to Dr Gominak. Her article on b5 and vitamin D made a huge difference to me when I read it. As someone with chronic insomnia this is useful information. I will search for a lab in the UK to get this test done. If anyone finds one before I do please post.

This is her website. Some useful vit D info

Her article
Vitamin D deficiency changes the intestinal microbiome reducing B vitamin production in the gut. The resulting lack of pantothenic acid adversely affects the immune system, producing a "pro-inflammatory" state associated with atherosclerosis and autoimmunity
Thanks for adding this information!

And another reminder:
"Never take doses over 1000 IU/day without checking your levels regularly."

Vanset

Thanks for adding this information!

And another reminder:
"Never take doses over 1000 IU/day without checking your levels regularly."
if you don't mind me asking; do you supplement vitamin d and if you do, how much?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

if you don't mind me asking; do you supplement vitamin d and if you do, how much?
I have not taken vitamin D in about 5 yrs, I was adamant getting it from the sun was safer, but my sleep and overall health deteriorates when I'm not getting regular, consistent, daily vitamin D from the sun so I have been considering taking a more dedicated road to making sure I have enough.

youngsinatra

Interesting. Since I got my vitamin D to 80+ ng/ml I noticed much better sleep quality. I lately added a high quality B-complex to my regimen and noticed even further sleep and mood improvements.

P

Peatness

Interesting. Since I got my vitamin D to 80+ ng/ml I noticed much better sleep quality. I lately added a high quality B-complex to my regimen and noticed even further sleep and mood improvements.
That's great. Which B complex do you use?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Awesome! Just be careful with pushing it too high for too long, in the long run health will decline.

Doc Sandoz

Awesome! Just be careful with pushing it too high for too long, in the long run health will decline.
I recommend Sperti Vit D lamp. In winter and when otherwise can't get good sunshine, use every other day 5 minutes and never have to worry about O.D.-ing on oral Vit D.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I recommend Sperti Vit D lamp. In winter and when otherwise can't get good sunshine, use every other day 5 minutes and never have to worry about O.D.-ing on oral Vit D.
I have a vitamin D lamp but since I live where I can get UVB yr round I haven't been using it. Just need to prioritize being outside for about an hour in the winter.

youngsinatra

I took 5-8‘000 IUs for a year. Then I took 50‘000 IU/d for 14 days straight while having COVID 2 months ago. I continued with 10K IU/d afterwards. Levels are hovering around 85 ng/ml since then - which is still in the safe range.

I just try to keep calcium intake closer to the actual RDA of 800-1000mg, while keeping total magnesium intake at 800-1000mg too. I also consume around 9‘000mg of potassium from foods only.

Doc Sandoz

I have a vitamin D lamp but since I live where I can get UVB yr round I haven't been using it. Just need to prioritize being outside for about an hour in the winter.
Even in summer I use it when there are cool periods with clouds and rain. An hour outside here is possible, occasionally, during late March and early November, but none at all during the winter months. I can tolerate maybe 45 F if zero breeze and sunny. Any lower and no way. Right now it's 30F and snowing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals