*NEW* vitamin D information everyone needs to know!

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Here is a recent study on the subject, some performed better than others.
View attachment 31124
4. Conclusions
All 13 assays achieved the VDSP criterion of %CV ≤ 10 % while only 9 assays satisfied the criterion of ≤ ±5 % mean bias (i.e., Abbott, BeckmanCoulter,Biom ́erieuxI,DiaSorin,Diazyme,FujirebioInc., Roche, Siemens, and LC–MS/MS). However, 3 of the 9 assays meeting the bias criterion had only 16 %–24 % of the individual measurements within ±5 % bias indicating a potential need to strengthen the VDSP bias criterion. The presence of a significant number of single-donor samples with high levels of 25(OH)D2 in this study provided a critical performance test for these assays with ten immunoassays exhibiting some change in response due to the high 25(OH)D2 concentration samples with the Abbott, Biom ́erieux, and DIAsource assays having the largest deviations (25 %–38 %). Two immunoassays (Fujirebio Inc. and Beckman Coulter) and the LC–MS/MS assay were only minimally affected by the presence of the high 25(OH)D2 concentration samples. One interpretation of these deviations with high 25(OH)D2 concentration samples would be that some assays do not have equal response or recovery for both 25(OH)D2 and 25(OH)D3. For the 12 immunoassays, the Fujirebio Inc. assay exhibited the lowest %CV and the highest percentage of individual measurements within ±5 % mean bias. Expanded assay performance evaluation and comparison with 34 additional assays used in multiple laboratories Intercomparison Study 2 are detailed elsewhere [31,32].
So since I am not sure what immunoassay labcorp is doing then getting the LC-MS/MS is probably the best bet?

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

TomS

Vitamin B Complex Capsules – Pack of 180 Particularly high dose (10x). A 6-month supply of 180 vegan capsules. With bio-active vitamin B forms. No additives. Made in Germany. Amazon product ASIN B07H3148SDView: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07H3148SD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_E5HA20W7SM58HQHVT13W
@youngsinatra
First time I bought 14.000 IU 120 capsules Zein Pharma Vit D3.
Since then I read an article found in this forum, says Vit D oxidises within 2-3 weeks after you open the dose.
So I changed 5.000 IU 90 caps - Zein Pharma - it keeps for 2,5-3 weeks.

Perry Staltic

@youngsinatra
First time I bought 14.000 IU 120 capsules Zein Pharma Vit D3.
Since then I read an article found in this forum, says Vit D oxidises within 2-3 weeks after you open the dose.
So I changed 5.000 IU 90 caps - Zein Pharma - it keeps for 2,5-3 weeks.

They add stabilizers to vitamin D. The person who wrote that article is not fully informed.

sousfifre96

I have chronic kidney problems after a liquid vitamin D supplementation 4 months ago.
In my case, it was the worst thing I could have taken in my life.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

I have chronic kidney problems after a liquid vitamin D supplementation 4 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear that :( how much did you take? Could it have been possibly a bad batch with way more in it than on the label? That's always my concern with this stuff.

sousfifre96

I'm sorry to hear that :( how much did you take? Could it have been possibly a bad batch with way more in it than on the label? That's always my concern with this stuff.
15k a day for almost two weeks with magnesium and k2.
I don't know, but I have symptoms of high serotonin and low dopamine

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

15k a day for almost two weeks with magnesium and k2.
I don't know, but I have symptoms of high serotonin and low dopamine
It's possible it was the K2, some here have been reporting severe side effects from K2.

youngsinatra

What are the symptoms of your personal chronic kidney problems? Have you consulted with a nephrologist?

sousfifre96

It's possible it was the K2, some here have been reporting severe side effects from K2.
I was taking k2 long before I started taking liquid vitamin D and I never had that.
The vitamin D capsules gave me the same side effects which disappeared 2 days after I stopped taking them.
It may be related to the difference in absorption between the liquid and the vitamin D capsules.

sousfifre96

What are the symptoms of your personal chronic kidney problems? Have you consulted with a nephrologist?
Bloating, weight loss, frequent urination (unable to retain fluid), rumbling stomach, dry skin, salt craving, dizziness, allergy to certain foods, loss of libido, irritability, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.
The side effects have been reduced compared to 4 months ago, but I am still far from recovery.
I saw a doctor and took several blood tests, and he said there was nothing to worry about.

I am testing several food supplements until I find the right one.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

Bloating, weight loss, frequent urination (unable to retain fluid), rumbling stomach, dry skin, salt craving, dizziness, allergy to certain foods, loss of libido, irritability, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.
The side effects have been reduced compared to 4 months ago, but I am still far from recovery.
I saw a doctor and took several blood tests, and he said there was nothing to worry about.

I am testing several food supplements until I find the right one.
Sounds like high adrenaline. Ray Peat said vitamin D is parallel to thyroid. It could have been increasing your metabolism and you couldn't keep up with nutrition. I went through that many times in my life. Actually going through it right now. Was getting lots of days of UVB from the sun and crashed yesterday with panic and anxiety, huge amounts of urine which I never have. Took cypro and it seemed to reset it. And will just focus on eating. My temp went up to 98.7 which it had been a bit lower lately so I can only figure the sun was increasing my metabolism and I wasn't used to that kind of stimulation.

sousfifre96

Sounds like high adrenaline. Ray Peat said vitamin D is parallel to thyroid. It could have been increasing your metabolism and you couldn't keep up with nutrition. I went through that many times in my life. Actually going through it right now. Was getting lots of days of UVB from the sun and crashed yesterday with panic and anxiety, huge amounts of urine which I never have. Took cypro and it seemed to reset it. And will just focus on eating. My temp went up to 98.7 which it had been a bit lower lately so I can only figure the sun was increasing my metabolism and I wasn't used to that kind of stimulation.
That's exactly it, I'm glad to hear that cyproheptadine seems to help.
coffee, salts, and vitamin B also help me against the side effects of d3.

I am going to add cyproheptadine, I have also developed allergic reactions to certain foods and spices.
I think it's related.

OP
InChristAlone

InChristAlone

That's exactly it, I'm glad to hear that cyproheptadine seems to help.
coffee, salts, and vitamin B also help me against the side effects of d3.

I am going to add cyproheptadine, I have also developed allergic reactions to certain foods and spices.
I think it's related.
Yes B vitamins are essential when using D. At least if your microbiome isn't supplying enough. So you need to flood it with a b50 complex for a while to get them back and then you can back off as your microbiome will be working again. Well that's the Dr Gominak protocol. I haven't tried it yet as B vitamins drop my blood sugar too fast. First day I used energin which has 6 of the b vitamins I was starving! Like genuinely starving for food. So now I'm like well that must be entire problem with adrenaline. Just not enough food to be pushing metabolism. And I also get fearful I react to certain things as well.

sousfifre96

Yes B vitamins are essential when using D. At least if your microbiome isn't supplying enough. So you need to flood it with a b50 complex for a while to get them back and then you can back off as your microbiome will be working again. Well that's the Dr Gominak protocol. I haven't tried it yet as B vitamins drop my blood sugar too fast. First day I used energin which has 6 of the b vitamins I was starving! Like genuinely starving for food. So now I'm like well that must be entire problem with adrenaline. Just not enough food to be pushing metabolism. And I also get fearful I react to certain things as well.
I noticed that b6 and b12 tended to accentuate the toxic effects of vitamin D
The b1, b2, b5 and b9 give me a strong increase in metabolism.
but the best is b5.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals