Melatonin - why does it work so well.

golder

I know Ray doesn’t particularly like melatonin, but every time I infrequently take 1mg I have one of the best sleeps of my life. Does anyone know what this says about my physiology so I can try and correct it rather than keep taking melatonin? Thank you so much!

Razvan

I know Ray doesn’t particularly like melatonin, but every time I infrequently take 1mg I have one of the best sleeps of my life. Does anyone know what this says about my physiology so I can try and correct it rather than keep taking melatonin? Thank you so much!
Melatonin can antagonize serotonin. The same kind of sleep like with cypro.

OP
G

golder

Thanks.
Also, for the days I do use it, what are some of the best ways to mitigate some of the negative effects that Ray dislikes it for?

mariantos

Thanks.
Also, for the days I do use it, what are some of the best ways to mitigate some of the negative effects that Ray dislikes it for?
I recommend using it for a limited period of time or using it alternately, otherwise you will feel a slight lethargy effect in the morning or when you wake up. It is effective, it solved my sleep problems and immediately after, I gave up using it.

OP
G

golder

I recommend using it for a limited period of time or using it alternately, otherwise you will feel a slight lethargy effect in the morning or when you wake up. It is effective, it solved my sleep problems and immediately after, I gave up using it.
amazing, how long and what quantity did you use it to reset your sleep pattern?

Snarf

I’d be wary of it to be honest, it apparently inhibits testosterone secretion.

OP
G

golder

Thanks for this, good point. It would be good to compile a list of its drawbacks so I can do what I can to mitigate some of its negative effects whilst I use it to try and reset my sleep. Maximising natural test levels as best I can whilst taking is now definitely on the list, thanks!

Tenglish

Do we know at what dose in humans? it is definitely an inhibitor in my experience, but it's not noticeable at a steady 1mg. I also wonder if it is not a sensitizer. The physiological amount is said to be 0.3 mgs but we also know it will vary seasonally and daily.

Tenglish

Thanks.
I've wondered the same for years. I've used cypro, but it is not the same. Cypro has a nervous system effect that keeps me feeling drowsy more than melatonin the next day (and sometimes messes with my urinary control). Melatonin hangover can be mitigated with bright light (and does reduction) - never any urinary issues.

Marquis777

In the melatonin miracle they talked about putting melatonin in mice water. The treated mice look just as youthful as the young mice and lived 33% longer. By the way looking young there whole life. I don't think melatonin bad. I think it has a lot to do with its progesterone properties.

Marquis777

In the melatonin miracle they talked about putting melatonin in mice water. The treated mice look just as youthful as the young mice and lived 33% longer. By the way looking young there whole life. I don't think melatonin bad. I think it has a lot to do with its progesterone properties.
People uesd 3mg everyday and look pretty young.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals