Isn't Estrogen Needed To Make Serotonin To Make Melatonin?

Sagitarrius90

Hello everyone,

I was always under the assumption that Estrogen is needed to create serotonin which is needed to create melatonin which is crucial to tell the body it's time to sleep?

I've went thru numerous forums and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Ray and the member's on the forums are against estrogen and serotonin.

I've had terrible sleeping issues and my stress levels are actually very low. My body just doesn't want to go to bed so I've thought maybe since I am lowering estrogen (3x blood work to show that its around 15 pg/mol) that perhaps my serotonin is very low and very little melatonin is being produced?

I am supplementing t3 (tyronene) during the day around 3 doses of 8mg and progest e ( I was taking around 4-5 doses) and I am a 28 year old male - I will dial back on this perhaps this is lowering estrogen even more.

Thanks everyone!

SB4

Just to cover some basics, do you have lights switched on, computer screen with blue light, etc at night? Blue light destroys melatonin.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Light blocker all day and I don't look at any light like an hour before bed. I have songs that play in my head soon as I go to bed and It feels like I cant just zone out

Cirion

You can also buy blue light blocker glasses for pretty cheap that block virtually all blue light, and wear those after sunset.

SB4

I have had this problem in the past despite being an alt right neo nazi about my circadian rhythm. What did help me was inositol, boron, and for emergencies valarian root and hops mixture. Sometimes niacin (the flush kind) also helped.

OP
S

Sagitarrius90

Weird how ray and others push serotonin to be bad yet its needed for sleep

Metergoline ruined my sleep and actually made me retain water and cypro stopped working never made me sedated. I'm assuming it lowered my serotonin too much

GutFeeling

Weird how ray and others push serotonin to be bad yet its needed for sleep

Metergoline ruined my sleep and actually made me retain water and cypro stopped working never made me sedated. I'm assuming it lowered my serotonin too much
Can you send me your metergoline? Just to see if it really has this effect :ss

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
You're operating under the assumption that hormones are like video game modifiers or devil spirits and that Peat is assuming that estrogen is something like a flat debuff. Nobody who is sane would argue that estrogen and serotonin are "bad" in the sense that they should be inhibited to zero and in fact just lurking this forum I've seen this refuted many many times. The problem in simple terms is that the environment and diet now encourages the production of estrogen and contains estrogen-mimickers like plastics in levels that are both unphysiological and dangerous. If you think that your estrogen is too low that's something worth getting tested for but if you live in an industrial country and achieved too-low estrogen by accident that would be frankly impressive lol

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals