Lower FFA/FAO

Motorneuron

Hi all, I spent a childhood and adolescence with estrogen dominance, high lipid metabolism and high serotonin.

I used Niacinamide for a month to reduce FFAs but it worsened my insulin sensitivity / resistance.

My fasting baseline insulin value was already low, meaning the prevalence of fatty acid metabolism still dominant.

I also suffered severe cachexia a few years ago from which I am still struggling in the recovery ... I lost more than 10kg without a cause ...

Is there any other alternative to Niacinamide to lower FFA / FAO? I suspect the latter is still dominant today.

Thank you

Murtaza

You can try mildronate as an alternative to niacinamide, it lowers excessive FAO by inhibiting carnitine. Although make sure to supply ample glucose or else you'll have nothing to run on.

tankasnowgod

And also, Aspirin. Some of the other B Vitamins may also be useful, like Biotin.

In addition, you can also try a lower fat diet, and try cleaning the liver. I've been re-reading some of Haidut's old posts on using caffeine to lean out the liver-

It may raise FFA in the short term, but chronic use probably lead to lower levels overall (and better liver function).

There's also this quote, in response to a thread calling caffeine "evil."

Too many things to lists here to dispute your statement, so I'll do some brief points. Overall, I think you are being misled by a book and author who may not have read the studies he is citing.
I somewhat agree with your statements that there are studies showing caffeine raises stress hormones but I think you are missing the context of how these studies were done and WHY it raises stress hormones. Pretty much all the studies in which caffeine raise stress hormones used doses in excess of 400mg and were often given with water or other non-caloric drink to properly "isolate" the effects of caffeine for the study. Sometimes the doses go as high as 10mg/kg for human in a single sitting, which is huge and can even bring about seizures in some people. A dose of 400mg+ caffeine raises basal metabolic rate by about 20% for 2h-4h. This increase in metabolism has to be supported by "fuel" and that fuel has to come from somewhere. If you are not ingesting food or don't have enough glycogen then the only other way to get the fuel is by catabolism through cortisol and adrenalin.
If you search through the forum for my posts and others' you will find out that caffeine works very much like thyroid hormone. In fact, I just posted a study today showing caffeine reduces TSH just like supplemental thyroid does. Actually, taking thyroid hormone without adequate nutritional "support" will also raise stress hormones and often much more than caffeine. Does that make thyroid hormone a stress substance? Well, I guess it depends on how you look at it. Anything that raises metabolism CAN be a stress substance if the body does not have the proper energy stores to respond to the increased energy expenditure. Try running on an empty stomach or doing weights and you will see that the effects will be very much like caffeine - increased stress hormones and catabolism.
Long story short - caffeine is actually one of the most amazing substances in existence IMO. Like anything else that increases metabolism it has to be handled with care and ensure proper nutritional support. Btw, there is a study I posted that showed caffeine administration increased MAXIMUM lifespan in an animal model by 50%!!! Try finding another such substance anywhere.
I am not trying to discount what you found and read. I am just saying that if you read the actual studies referenced in the book you read you will see that there is a reason for the stress response and that anything can cause stress response if handled inappropriately.
Furthermore, just as a quick test go to PubMed and do a quick search for this string "caffeine[title]". You will get thousands of results. Pick 10 random studies from the results and look at their conclusions. They are overwhelmingly positive and span topics as diverse as anti-cancer, anti-aging, anti-infectious, anti-diabetic, anti-neurodegenerative, etc. I don't know of any other substance with the exception of aspirin that has been studies so much for so many different conditions.
Finally, your point about liver toxicity is truly wrong. Caffeine is one of the best substances for getting rid of liver problems. Again, I have posted studies on this too but consider this from personal experience. Before I stated supplementing with caffeine my liver enzymes APT, AST, and ALT were in the upper 80% or normal, and after just 2 weeks on 400mg caffeine twice daily they dropped into the bottom 10%! I know it is the caffeine that did this since I was not taking anything else and was specifically trying to get liver enzymes lowered. Do you know or have you heard of any other drug or supplement that can do this in such a short time period? There is one actually and it is vitamin K2 (MK-4). A dose of 15mg daily for 2 weeks will achieve just about the same. Amino acids like taurine and glycine will get similar but far less pronounced results for liver health and over longer time periods (2-3 months of supplementation at high doses like 5g+ of taurine/glycine a day).
Anyways, I am just sharing both theoretical and experimental (personal) knowledge of caffeine. To me this substance is a true drug delivered by nature and it is simply beyond me how pharma industry has managed to let it go unregulated for so long.
Just my 2c:):

Final note, I donate a lot of blood to lower iron stores, which led to better energy, metabolism and mood. While it's certainly effective at lowering iron (confirmed by the iron panels I did), the frequent blood draws probably also lowered FFAs and other debris, likely helping even more.

Dave Clark

used Niacinamide for a month to reduce FFAs but it worsened my insulin sensitivity / resistance.

If the niacinamide reduces FFAs, then it should improve insulin sensitivity, and reduce insulin resistance, No? Or doesn't niacinamide really do a good job at that?

OP
M

Motorneuron

Thanks guys, very happy to read you. I am struggling like crazy to get at least one diagnosis in my country where I am considered to be only mentally ill ... How do I prove that I have suffered cachexia from excessive consumption of fatty acids?

Every slightest physical and mental stress activates that type of metabolism in an extraordinary way.

I am aware of all my alterations that I undergo from this hell that I have been carrying on practically since I was alive.

I also feel high ammonia very often at night.

I had seen mildronate but I don't know how to buy it and I think it's the last of the options.

Should Etomoxir be a PPAR agonist?

As for Pyrucet I will buy it today or tomorrow, I am very curious.

I have a good NA R ALA effect with Doctor Best Biotin. I've never tried biotin alone.

As far as Niacinamide is concerned, what you say is probably right but it is to understand how many grams of fat together with the high carbohydrate meal can make things worse. Proteins can also trigger Gluconeogenesis if the subject is unable to oxidize glucose on a regular basis. (I think).

Additionally, niacinamide has many other interactions with methylation and cortisol.

Low fat diet helps but
But it is unsustainable because the hunger is incessant: (I think the insulin is struggling to be Released.

I am not diabetic.

OP
M

Motorneuron

used Niacinamide for a month to reduce FFAs but it worsened my insulin sensitivity / resistance.

If the niacinamide reduces FFAs, then it should improve insulin sensitivity, and reduce insulin resistance, No? Or doesn't niacinamide really do a good job at that?
I've read conflicting studies on this ... Probably the key is to keep fat low when taken and to ensure enough methionine not to deplete the methyl groups?

OP
M

Motorneuron

E anche l'aspirina. Anche alcune delle altre vitamine del gruppo B possono essere utili, come la biotina.

Inoltre, puoi anche provare una dieta a basso contenuto di grassi e provare a pulire il fegato. Ho riletto alcuni dei vecchi post di Haidut sull'uso della caffeina per distendere il fegato-

[URL unfurl = "true"] Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension [/ URL]

Può aumentare gli FFA a breve termine, ma l'uso cronico probabilmente porta a livelli più bassi in generale (e una migliore funzionalità epatica).

C'è anche questa citazione, in risposta a un thread che chiama la caffeina "male".

Nota finale, dò molto sangue per ridurre le riserve di ferro, il che ha portato a una migliore energia, metabolismo e umore. Sebbene sia certamente efficace nell'abbassare il ferro (confermato dai pannelli di ferro che ho fatto), i frequenti prelievi di sangue probabilmente hanno anche abbassato gli FFA e altri detriti, probabilmente aiutando ancora di più.

And also, Aspirin. Some of the other B Vitamins may also be useful, like Biotin.

In addition, you can also try a lower fat diet, and try cleaning the liver. I've been re-reading some of Haidut's old posts on using caffeine to lean out the liver-

It may raise FFA in the short term, but chronic use probably lead to lower levels overall (and better liver function).

There's also this quote, in response to a thread calling caffeine "evil."

Final note, I donate a lot of blood to lower iron stores, which led to better energy, metabolism and mood. While it's certainly effective at lowering iron (confirmed by the iron panels I did), the frequent blood draws probably also lowered FFAs and other debris, likely helping even more.
I've noticed that I feel better without meat but I've always had the fear that only milk and yogurt won't give me all the vitamins I need ... especially if you're low in fat.

Also if you limit the red meat it could be useful to lower the carnitine ... So in my case maybe it's good.

Maybe adding beef liver once a week might be a good idea?

Right or wrong?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Look at things that promote lipolysis, such as inflammation (excess iron, endotoxins, PUFAs) and excess stress hormones. Lower those and your insulin sensitivity will improve.

OP
M

Motorneuron

Look at things that promote lipolysis, such as inflammation (excess iron, endotoxins, PUFAs) and excess stress hormones. Lower those and your insulin sensitivity will improve.

Hi Hans,

Last night for the first time in many months I tried Aspirin (Bayer) 250mg before bed (it had been two hours since dinner where I had taken 150mg of Niacinamide, I currently take 4 doses of 150mg during meals and it seems to do her work at least on circulating fatty acids).

I can't say the same thing about Aspirin ... it made me feel very sick at night: nightmares and awakenings with very bad thoughts. As usual, I had to use my willpower and relax to get back to sleep.

What may have happened ? is my situation so critical that I needed sugar (having inhibited FAO) along with aspirin or could it have interacted with GABA and Glycine?

Niacinamide starts to help after more than a month.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans,

Last night for the first time in many months I tried Aspirin (Bayer) 250mg before bed (it had been two hours since dinner where I had taken 150mg of Niacinamide, I currently take 4 doses of 150mg during meals and it seems to do her work at least on circulating fatty acids).

I can't say the same thing about Aspirin ... it made me feel very sick at night: nightmares and awakenings with very bad thoughts. As usual, I had to use my willpower and relax to get back to sleep.

What may have happened ? is my situation so critical that I needed sugar (having inhibited FAO) along with aspirin or could it have interacted with GABA and Glycine?

Niacinamide starts to help after more than a month.
What kind of aspirin do you take? Nightmares and frequent waking correlate with gut irritation, stress hormones and serotonin. Perhaps the aspirin is irritating your gut. Sodium salicylate doesn't have the same gut-irritating/harming properties as aspirin.

gaze

bayer aspirin has silica and titanium dioxide, i'm not sure if those would cause the mental problems though

OP
M

Motorneuron

Could it make sense, is there any powder I can buy online?

Dillon knight

bayer aspirin has silica and titanium dioxide, i'm not sure if those would cause the mental problems though
I think the bayer cardio has silica and titanium dioxide and then the 300mg bayer aspirin only has corn starch and cellulose. At least if you read the leaflet inside.

Dave Clark

How about the AniMed AniPrin aspirin powder? It is pure USP grade aspirin powder. They say 'designed for horses', but how is just pure aspirin powder something 'designed for horses", except that you can dose it in large doses because it is in powder form. It is about $18 US dollars/lb.

Also, does anyone have a source for the sodium salicylate in powder that Hans recommends?

Aspirin is sort of like progesterone I think -- perhaps it just is bothersome due to temporary (in some cases) estrogen release.

I have taken aspirin at times and it made me angry/moody -- other times it felt so soothing as if I got a new lease on life.

A lot of things really must not be looked at only in black and white.

The simplest things to lower FFA would be donating blood, temporarily lowering fats in diet, taking things that lower FAO/etc., practicing inhibition and relaxation/calmness, trying anti-inflammatory herbs or substances, and addressing the gut maybe through various avenues. I think sometimes clearing up the gut however possible can be a massive relief for many symptoms some can have, from mood to confidence to anxiety, depression and so on.

It probably makes sense with the gut association when you see all of the progress some have made with things like antibiotics, cypro/serotonin antagonists and even lifestyle/mental alterations that faciilitate more optimal metabolic and physiological processes that are ideally regenerative and healing.

youngsinatra

The thing with niacinamide is quite strange for me. At doses around 1 gram per sitting I feel absolute peace, energetic, calm and warm.
But with a dosage below that I feel strange sometimes, even at 100mg doses.
Today I took 1g today with TMG and it was beautiful - ate a bunch of PUFAs the last days and niacinamide helped me out of that hangover with low energy, freezing feet, horrible mood, irritability - it made me feel energetic, yet calm, stable mind, nice warm hands and feet (not too hot).

But as many already said:
lowering dietary fats (15% of total calories seem sufficient imo)
lowering stress and avoiding stress-inducing activities (adrenaline releases a ton of FFA)
and reducing gut irritation (aka another source of stress) will improve things a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals