Low Brain Activity

Mary Pruter

My cousin is in a hospital in Florida. She went into the ER with severe dehydration. They could not find her veins to start an IV and asked if she had acid reflux. She said yes I do. They wanted to start a PICC line in her neck. They had her lay her back and she continued to say I can't breathe I can't breathe but they started the PICC line anyways. She vomited up stomach acid and aspirated it into her lungs she then died but 10 minutes later they revived her. She is showing very little brain activity now. Does anyone know of things that can be done to help her brain recover after she regains Consciousness if she does? I watch some videos on YouTube where they showed the even brain dead people have been able to be recovered.

dookie

My cousin is in a hospital in Florida. She went into the ER with severe dehydration. They could not find her veins to start an IV and asked if she had acid reflux. She said yes I do. They wanted to start a PICC line in her neck. They had her lay her back and she continued to say I can't breathe I can't breathe but they started the PICC line anyways. She vomited up stomach acid and aspirated it into her lungs she then died but 10 minutes later they revived her. She is showing very little brain activity now. Does anyone know of things that can be done to help her brain recover after she regains Consciousness if she does? I watch some videos on YouTube where they showed the even brain dead people have been able to be recovered.

Amantadine and caffeine (coffee) are two things which do increase brain activity on the EEG, especially of the awake alpha wave type. But in such a state, I would be very careful with any therapy. Don't just start to throw a dozen supplements in the mix. She probably already receives medications from the hospital. Small frequent feedings of sugar and easily digested protein, such as a bit of honey or ice cream or cheese, is helpful to keep the digestion active, and helps the brain. The safest neuroprotectant is probably agmatine, and can be tried because it doesn't interact much with other things, and is safe. 2 x 3 gram doses per day. Don't keep using anything when you don't see benefits from it. Other neuroprotectans are minocycline, urea, progesterone, anti-histamines, methylene blue, niacinamide - but these carry more risks of side-effects

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Well, I was just told to stay out of it by my Florida family members. She's being kept in a coma. They are planning on pulling the plug on her vent in a few days. Just waiting some in hopes a prayers answered.

Thank you for you offer of advise!

Serene

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I just wanted to say that I am very sad to hear about your cousin. That is so awful. She will be in my prayers. I hope she wakes up soon and regains function.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I just wanted to say that I am very sad to hear about your cousin. That is so awful. She will be in my prayers. I hope she wakes up soon and regains function.
Thank you so very much. I live in Chicago and have another cousin that basically told me to stay out of it. All I suggested was to do some flat handed massaging over her arms and legs. Boom! Blew up at me and said, you're not down here and don't know what is going on. Well, I have been getting calls. I just offer a suggestion. God has her, only he knows her outcome. 58 years old. Only the good for young, they say, and she was one wonderful person!

I wrote a big reply but then realized your family was telling you to stay out, and that they're pulling the plug. Very sorry.

Why are they pulling the plug?!?! Is it because of the low brain activity?

That's kinda stupid, lower brain activity means nothing at this point, especially if she's being given GABAergics, which LOWER BRAIN ACTIVITY!!! Did they see her brain activity before she was given drugs? Have they tried to let her wake up? If they are pulling the plug just because of the brain activity then I am just stunned. This might be some weird circular screw up, they pull the plug because she has lowered brain activity from the drugs they gave her.

If they are waiting for her to wake up, it is critical that she is NOT given ANY inhibitory drugs, like GABAergics, THIS WILL STOP HER FROM WAKING UP.

She likely went hypoxic when she "died", but perhaps she still has retained function.

**** THOSE DOCTORS. **** them. She went in for ******* dehydration and ended up dying from their bull**** treatments. Reminds me of when my little sister went to the hospital as a baby because she wasn't breathing and she ended up getting an infection from their unsanitary IV's, had to go on antiobiotics and ended up getting a brain bleed IIRC (thankfully she's smart now).

Seriously **** those "doctors". It's so sad it costs so much to take people to court because otherwise I would love to ******* rail doctors like that into oblivion.

Last edited:
OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I know. They can be so stupid! I am just sick and they don't want any help....trusting the F****** idiot doctors!

I have been told that they were pukkibg her off her meds? I am not sure what they are. Afraid to even ask now.

Thanks so much for all you help. I do have one cousin I can ask. I will also copy your message and send it to her.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I sent you message to one of my more normal cousins and this is what her reply was.....

They are not pulling the plug! They have stopped all drugs that would keep her from waking up. She has opened her eyes, but it doesn't appear she is seeing you. She has made no attempt to move any of her limbs at this point.

@Mary Pruter

I understand how it feels for your opinion on what to do to be ignored. The best thing to think right now is: "at least my advice won't be able to hurt her, like the doctors advice/practice did".

Right now, LLLT would be the best bet. Super cheap, super simple, has very strong benefits, and it has 100s or thousands of studies on it, which might help with them considering any advice. You must be realistic. most people think anything against the mainstream is pseudoscience (even though the mainstream is what hurt her in the first place :mad:).

Here are some studies/video on IR light's effects on the brain after concussion or injury:

Transcranial Low-Level Laser Therapy Improves Neurological Performance in Traumatic Brain

Injury in Mice: Effect of Treatment Repetition Regimen

Shining light on the head: Photobiomodulation for brain disorders

Role of Low-Level Laser Therapy in Neurorehabilitation

https://dash.harvard.edu/bitstream/handle/1/22856977/4550182.pdf?sequence=1

Light Therapy May Aid Traumatic Brain Injury

The trick is to make sure there's not too much exposure, but that is kinda hard to do.

I'll send a link to a device they could get fast (off of amazon). They can start with 30 seconds on multiple points on the skull, see how she reacts. and go from there.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

@Mary Pruter

I understand how it feels for your opinion on what to do to be ignored. The best thing to think right now is: "at least my advice won't be able to hurt her, like the doctors advice/practice did".

Right now, LLLT would be the best bet. Super cheap, super simple, has very strong benefits, and it has 100s or thousands of studies on it, which might help with them considering any advice. You must be realistic. most people think anything against the mainstream is pseudoscience (even though the mainstream is what hurt her in the first place :mad:).

Here are some studies/video on IR light's effects on the brain after concussion or injury:

Transcranial Low-Level Laser Therapy Improves Neurological Performance in Traumatic Brain

The trick is to make sure there's not too much exposure, but that is kinda hard to do.

I'll send a link to a device they could get fast (off of amazon). They can start with 30 seconds on multiple points on the skull, see how she reacts. and go from there.

Wow! Thank you so very much!

Constatine

@Mary Pruter

I agree LLLT is the safest option. Though one needs to be careful with the dosage. Don't overdo it or it won't work. It has a biphastic dose response. Follow the exact protocol done in studies for TBI including power density, joules per cm^2, wavelength, etc. Though the frequency done can be increased (you can do it up to twice a day spread out). Don't give her anything such as a pill oral as her stomach is obviously in a fragile state. Other methods can be done once she is more stable.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I agree LLLT is the safest option. Though one needs to be careful with the dosage. Don't overdo it or it won't work. It has a biphastic dose response. Follow the exact protocol done in studies for TBI including power density, joules per cm^2, wavelength, etc. Though the frequency done can be increased (you can do it up to twice a day spread out). Don't give her anything such as a pill oral as her stomach is obviously in a fragile state. Other methods can be done once she is more stable.
They will not do anything I suggest! I just don't know what's going to happen to my Sweet and most favorite cousin. NO, they don't trust me, I am not a DOCTOR!!!

Constatine

They will not do anything I suggest! I just don't know what's going to happen to my Sweet and most favorite cousin. NO, they don't trust me, I am not a DOCTOR!!!
Its ok. She can recover after she gets released to your family's care.

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

I pray for that but from what I understand, her husband "is going to make a decision sometime soon" but on the other hand, not pulling the plug. I think they don't want to be up front with me but they seem to be telling my sister and I two different stories. I've been warned not to talk to her husband about this, that he doesn't need anymore to upset him!!! Wow, not even some hope Maybe? They are beginning to sound crazy to be but at a time like this, I'm sure they are all cracking up a little!

Constatine

I pray for that but from what I understand, her husband "is going to make a decision sometime soon" but on the other hand, not pulling the plug. I think they don't want to be up front with me but they seem to be telling my sister and I two different stories. I've been warned not to talk to her husband about this, that he doesn't need anymore to upset him!!! Wow, not even some hope Maybe? They are beginning to sound crazy to be but at a time like this, I'm sure they are all cracking up a little!
They are not considering pulling the plug correct?

OP
Mary Pruter

Mary Pruter

They are not considering pulling the plug correct?
They said, she was dead for 10 minutes and if she does live, pulled through, she would have severe brain damage. They will no longer talk to me about it because I am too far away and have no idea what's going on.

Constatine

They said, she was dead for 10 minutes and if she does live, pulled through, she would have severe brain damage. They will no longer talk to me about it because I am too far away and have no idea what's going on.
Servere brain damage can be healed over time. Please keep us updated. Praying for you and her.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals