Long-Term Meditation Drastically Decreases TSH, GH, Cortisol, And Prolactin While Increasing T3

lampofred

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f859/6d4476849c5492b8da83619641b7c1fa3769.pdf

I mean, wow... the increase in T3 and the decrease in cortisol is relatively subtle, but the decrease in TSH, cortisol, and prolactin is massive.

It seems like spirituality (at least in the sense of doing yoga) has a strong connection with thyroid function. I personally have gone from being almost atheistic to becoming extremely spiritual in these past two years, and the only major change in my life has been improved thyroid function due to my changed diet.

Jem Oz

Interesting stuff. It's a shame the TM people have to guard their secrets so litigiously and charge you thousands of dollars to learn the technique. If they really believed in the positive effects of TM, they'd make it free and teach it out of nothing but the goodness of their heart.

L

lollipop

I mean, wow... the increase in T3 and the decrease in cortisol is relatively subtle, but the decrease in TSH, cortisol, and prolactin is massive.

It seems like spirituality (at least in the sense of doing yoga) has a strong connection with thyroid function. I personally have gone from being almost atheistic to becoming extremely spiritual in these past two years, and the only major change in my life has been improved thyroid function due to my changed diet.
This has been my experience over the years that I have practiced yoga and meditation. Where I went off was from a bacterial infection from living in India. Tanked things for me. I am certain that if I did not have a strong practice, it would have been worse. Peat has helped me turn the corner with my biochemistry.

L

lollipop

Interesting stuff. It's a shame the TM people have to guard their secrets so litigiously and charge you thousands of dollars to learn the technique. If they really believed in the positive effects of TM, they'd make it free and teach it out of nothing but the goodness of their heart.
You can use any technique you wish actually - and free. Many people offer for free. Trick is Long steady uninterrupted practice once you have learned.

Jem Oz

There's a marked difference between TM (the practice used in this study) and other forms of meditation. What would be really interesting is a comparative study. They should have split the 2 groups: one practiced TM, the other practiced some basic, Buddhist-derived form of mindfulness meditation. I'd love to see those results.

CoolTweetPete

Dr. Peat was once asked if he thought meditation was useful. He replied something like,

“If you are talking about maintaining moment to moment awareness, I think everyone should do that all the time.”

I think once you are able to meditate effectively, it is not a requirement that you practice daily. It is more important to apply the practice in each moment of life. Admittedly it can be a difficult task, but the reward is a very general peace of mind.

Last edited:

Jem Oz

Meditation can be someone's best friend or an absolute tyranny. Some people fall into the trap of belieiving it's something they have to 'live up to'. Something they have to 'do right'. As such, they are forever falling short of their lofty goals & generating huge, unnecessary anxiety. I've seen it many, many times, and used to fall into the same trap. You definitely don't need to adopt a practice to meditate, or be mindful, or present in your life. And also, sometimes being present is the last thing you actually need, because it = blocking out complicated realities, or important work you need to do regarding your past, or important planning for the future.

D

danishispsychic

When you are talking about yoga as a spiritual practice- there are 8 limbs of yoga so it is much more than a " spiritual practice ". When you have a strong and regular asana and pranayama practice - that is what is lowering cortisol ( breath work ) and aligning the spine and building and lengthening muscle which help and heal the body if you are doing it right and have a solid learned practice. Yoga Nidra in my opinion is the strongest for lowering stress levels as it is a deep and guided meditation. I have actually had out of body experiences with it.

BlackSkull

@lampofred @lisaferraro @Jem Oz @Dhair @CoolTweetPete

Sorry, but your analyses are incorrect, not untypical due to mental biases the human mind is wired with.

What structure or scientific methods of analysis did you use to draw these conclusions?

And why would you conclude that meditation is a choice or feel-good act only?

Do your cells not vibrate constantly?

Do external influences not affect your cells vibrations constantly, whether you want them to or not?

DAILY meditation IS A MUST for mere upkeep alone.

Healing takes considerably more energy.

Further, there are many benefits besides health.

However, regarding health, the way to disease free and perfected biochemistry is through vibration as it is vibration that permanently alters one's body over time.

Therefore, HOW meditation is performed is absolutely crucial to its effectiveness.

The wrong vibrations can destroy you.

Can they not?

Can standing before a microwave too often not alter your vibrations, leading to cancer?

Unfortunately, this area is criminally held quiet and prevented from being improved, namely by modern religious leaders, because they are in direct contrast to their teachings, so they are outcasted as evil and strange.

But are they?

The way to permanent, perfect health is the same way to immortality - the state in which you vibrate at the speed of light or faster than the speed of time.

Why has noone ever thought to build a device to measure this? Hmm.

Anyway, below is a link to the Sa Ta Na Ma (Satan) meditation, which is backed by studies showing it prevents Alzheimers and even reverses aging.

But wait.. arent we led to believe Satan is evil?

Becoming healthier doesnt seem so evil to me!

peatmás

It seems like spirituality (at least in the sense of doing yoga) has a strong connection with thyroid function.

This 1982 Werner study was, by its telling, an uncontrolled study. The subjects were already socialized to TM, having practiced it for years. They were attending one of the Maharishi universities. So, in addition to their practice, they were in community, studying with like-minded individuals, and perhaps shielded from some stresses of usual city work life.

Can art instruct science? William Blake as biological visionary
“It’s important to remember that Rationalism, as used here, isn’t simply a “love of reason,” which is what is often meant when people speak of “rationalism.” In its historical use among philosophers, rather than being just a devotion to rationality, it is a specific doctrine which denies that experience is the source of knowledge. Historically, Rationalism has been closely allied with mysticism, as an affirmation that knowledge comes from a source beyond the ordinary world of experience and beyond the individual. At the present time, it serves authoritarian science rather than authoritarian theology, though the basic doctrine is the same.”

D

danishispsychic

Sorry, but your analyses are incorrect, not untypical due to mental biases the human mind is wired with.

What structure or scientific methods of analysis did you use to draw these conclusions?

Do external influences not affect your cells vibrations constantly, whether you want them to or not?

However, regarding health, the way to disease free and perfected biochemistry is through vibration as it is vibration that permanently alters one's body over time.

Therefore, HOW meditation is performed is absolutely crucial to its effectiveness.

Can they not?

Can standing before a microwave too often not alter your vibrations, leading to cancer?

Unfortunately, this area is criminally held quiet and prevented from being improved, namely by modern religious leaders, because they are in direct contrast to their teachings, so they are outcasted as evil and strange.

But are they?

The way to permanent, perfect health is the same way to immortality - the state in which you vibrate at the speed of light or faster than the speed of time.

Anyway, below is a link to the Sa Ta Na Ma (Satan) meditation, which is backed by studies showing it prevents Alzheimers and even reverses aging.

Sat Nam has nothing to do with " satan" whatsoever. Geez.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackSkull

Sat Nam has nothing to do with " satan" whatsoever. Geez.

@danishispsychic

Exactly...

Did you even read my post????

Or did you see the word Satan and instantly express a biased opinion.

Not uncommon as the mind is hardwired to take mental shortcuts via biases; its a natural survival mechanism of homo sapiens.

Your expression is just proving my point as your post offered no substance, rather an emotional blurt about Satan, based on the “normal” definition of Satan??

Of which is defined by people who are against spiritual enhancement and thus create false ideas about things, which you obviously believe, based on your post.

The correct response is to ask what or who is Satan and define that first, before drawing an erroneous conclusion and presenting it as my definition on my behalf.

That is intellectual laziness and quite unethical.

LUH 3417

Can they not?

But are they?

Anything with mass cannot move ("vibrate") at the speed of light. Only light ie photons move at the speed of light.

D

danishispsychic

@danishispsychic

Further, what is your evidence?

Do you have any?

What methods did you use to conclude this?

Or are you just trolling for fun.
I dont have time to " troll" but I do contribute a lot here. If you have time to Google and learn what Satnam means - and it is not " Satan" - you can learn. If you are not able to Google it- here is the Wikipedia link- Satnam - Wikipedia

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals