Long-Term Meditation Drastically Decreases TSH, GH, Cortisol, And Prolactin While Increasing T3

Energizer

If the variation in names is “merely linguistics” why is it so important to use Sanskrit runes and chant in Sanskrit? I thought the very word carries a vibration which would contradict anything being “merely liguistsics”

I think this is likely just as how different asanas and mudras have different effects on consciousness. Certain sounds invoke resonance (like the cliche of the opera singer singing and causing a wine glass to burst), it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect we can invoke resonance with ourselves.

LUH 3417

I think this is likely just as how different asanas and mudras have different effects on consciousness. Certain sounds invoke resonance (like the cliche of the opera singer singing and causing a wine glass to burst), it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect we can invoke resonance with ourselves.
Yes and I would agree mostly. The poster I was responding to (Furthermore, the name game played is nothing more than to create confusion; a common tactic used to destroy the original religions. Satan, Satanama, Satya, Shiva, Indra, Sanatana and even Zues are ALL names for the SAME being or energy; its merely linguistics.) seemed to contradict him/herself though by saying that the name/sound/resonance is of supreme importance, and then stating a handful of names all share the same resonance and their difference is merely linguistics.

If certain sounds have a certain resonance then nothing can be “merely” linguistics. That was the hole in his logic I was trying to question.

Entropy

Nothing can really replace meditation, especially in today's western society.

The foundations of western science and philosophy is birthed by meditation and incubation.

Meditation just by the fact of lowering cortisol levels, will subsequently increase protective hormones and thyroid.

LUH 3417

Nothing can really replace meditation, especially in today's western society.

The foundations of western science and philosophy is birthed by meditation and incubation.

Meditation just by the fact of lowering cortisol levels, will subsequently increase protective hormones and thyroid.
Not sure if you know about Peter Kingsley but his book “Reality” is exactly about just that...how Parmenides and the much of the early Greek tradition was born out of incubation and other meditative practices.

Entropy

Not sure if you know about Peter Kingsley but his book “Reality” is exactly about just that...how Parmenides and the much of the early Greek tradition was born out of incubation and other meditative practices.

Yeah! And his scholarly works tracing Parmenides, and Phythagroean roots to Eastern Shamanism. Have you read his books? I've only read excerpts but they're great, so I'm very keen to read his books.

There's an interview with him up on youtube just this year, great talk.. Introduced me to some of Empedocles concepts about relating humans to a plant or tree growing, and interesting because he references the tree growing in the stomach which parallels to east Asian meditation practices and early African Shamanism, focusing on cultivating energy in that area!

LUH 3417

Yeah! And his scholarly works tracing Parmenides, and Phythagroean roots to Eastern Shamanism. Have you read his books? I've only read excerpts but they're great, so I'm very keen to read his books.

There's an interview with him up on youtube just this year, great talk.. Introduced me to some of Empedocles concepts about relating humans to a plant or tree growing, and interesting because he references the tree growing in the stomach which parallels to east Asian meditation practices and early African Shamanism, focusing on cultivating energy in that area!
I read “reality” and “ancient philosophy, mystery, and magic”... I would recommend both even if you don’t necessarily believe everything he writes. They are fun books and he’s not too pendantic or scholarly which is a nice take on philosophy. I don’t think he sees life as a problem which i found refreshing. I kind of wanted to write a book and title it thus spoke Persephone after I read him because he talks about how Parmenides has visions of Persephone and she spoke to him the way of truth :) cool that you know about him! I’ll check out his YouTube stuff as I’ve only read him

Entropy

I read “reality” and “ancient philosophy, mystery, and magic”... I would recommend both even if you don’t necessarily believe everything he writes. They are fun books and he’s not too pendantic or scholarly which is a nice take on philosophy. I don’t think he sees life as a problem which i found refreshing. I kind of wanted to write a book and title it thus spoke Persephone after I read him because he talks about how Parmenides has visions of Persephone and she spoke to him the way of truth :) cool that you know about him! I’ll check out his YouTube stuff as I’ve only read him

Oh wonderful, yeah he's not well known which is nice surprise you brought him up, I think this info is important knowledge for the west to re-embrace.

Yes, I've heard him speak about Parmenide's travels to the underworld and received deep knowledge from Persephone, but also her heeding to understand this world is an "illusion".

You wanted to write a book, that mean you have visions of Persephone as well, or similar archetype? I found Parmenides observations of the afterlife being feminine interesting.

The incubation, deep trance states, sparks huge curiosity for me as I've experienced some "traveling" or altered states, via sleep paralysis trance (theta state) or meditation.

And hearing about how these practices are rooted in origins of human culture and in such a way may bring beneficial knowledge, or expansive consciousness , ads a spice or brings a certain magic to life.

So saying that, yesterday's magic may very well be tomorrows science.

jitsmonkey

take a few minutes everyday just to sit quietly and relax.
draw your conclusions from that.
Science, Soul, Satan, Silly Putty..... who gives a sh*t.

Its astonishing to me how consistently on this forum people want to debate harmless things
that can easily be determined to be beneficial or not simply by TRYING them.
If you don't have 5 or 10 minutes a day to conduct your experiment sitting/laying/standing/walking quietly
you have a much bigger problem
than figuring out which meditation brand works better/best.

Doesn't matter what brand of meditation you try/buy.
try it, see what happens, respond accordingly
Perceive, Think, Act
Simple.

Collden

The subjects in this study had already been practicing transcendental meditation for an average of 7 years before being enrolled, and they started out with a very high TSH averaging almost 9 (these were young guys btw).

The drop in TSH during the course of the study is impressive, but I'm not sure what to make of the fact that they were already long-term meditators and started out being profoundly hypothyroid. Was their previous meditation experience to blame? Can the wrong practice suppress the thyroid, and they simply learnt a better practice during the study? Was their initially elevated TSH reflective of them having sunk into a spiritual hole (like dark night of the soul), and their more consistent practice during the study allowed them to move past it?

Since the link in the OP is dead I'm not 100% sure its the same study, but I think there's only one study on long-term effects on thyroid of TM.

Collden

This is chief component of the TM-Sidhi meditation that was practiced in this study.
(1:55)

What looks like an extremely physically challenging yoga exercise where you basically jump around while seated in a lotus position. Given how profoundly hypothyroid the subjects were in the beginning when they were only practicing "regular" TM, it looks like it was actually the physical exercise/stimulation that did the trick here, and regular meditation aimed at pure relaxation may rather promote hypothyroidism.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals